Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    5gjlvclsli14.jpeg
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And as soon as I start hating people, in comes the nicest couple with a dog they have trained to be super good. I love clients like that. :smile:

Yeah I hate when people make me hate people less. ;)

(unfortunately I never have the problem)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just wear stretchy pants...problem solved!! :D

**If I could wear them to work, I totally would.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    5gjlvclsli14.jpeg

Perfect! Lol!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    After nearly 20 years in the workforce...I'm still baffled how people keep their jobs when they perform so poorly. I know @lilaclovebird & @belimawr understand this...well.

You have no idea... You really don't. I'm taking heat for them, they work in other departments but I can't go into detail because it wouldn't be politically correct...

I feel very blessed that the place I work now, the people really care about their jobs and the property. I've not always been that fortunate.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Things used to be MUCH worse here...I'm still just stumped why employers keep sub-par workers.

For NYE, thank goodness I didn't have to work! My fiance was in bed by 930 and my kiddo and I planned on ringing in the new year together at midnight but we ended up celebrating on NYC time because we were tired. Had some cheese and summer sausage and crackers to munch. I had some cranberry/sparkling wine cocktails while Elka enjoyed plain juice from a fancy glass.

Anybody make any resolutions? I didn't make anything concrete...I just want to feel better by the end of the year and I need to work on getting my inflammation down...whether it be diet, stress management, diagnosis of some underlying issue...whatev. I'm not setting anything in stone or setting actual goals or dates...just making an effort to work on it this coming year.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Right now I wish I didn't work in a building where German Shepherds dump diarrhea all over the X-Ray table and now we have to dismantle the thing to get all the foul smelling poop out of the back area.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Things used to be MUCH worse here...I'm still just stumped why employers keep sub-par workers.

For NYE, thank goodness I didn't have to work! My fiance was in bed by 930 and my kiddo and I planned on ringing in the new year together at midnight but we ended up celebrating on NYC time because we were tired. Had some cheese and summer sausage and crackers to munch. I had some cranberry/sparkling wine cocktails while Elka enjoyed plain juice from a fancy glass.

Anybody make any resolutions? I didn't make anything concrete...I just want to feel better by the end of the year and I need to work on getting my inflammation down...whether it be diet, stress management, diagnosis of some underlying issue...whatev. I'm not setting anything in stone or setting actual goals or dates...just making an effort to work on it this coming year.

I'm going to bicycle 3000 miles this year.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I didn't set any solid goals for this year. I hope to be close to my goal weight by the end of this year. I also hope to improve my nutrition a bit, though I haven't made any real decisions as to how to go about it.

Also, I'm really glad I don't work in a building where a German Shepherd has diarrhea. Sorry you have to deal with that @sufferlandrian!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I was off on NYE and I did drink but I stayed home and watched The Walking Dead marathon with my mom while working out in 20 minute intervals like a bad@$$. Rang in the New Year with my last glass of wine for at least 6 months.
    I made some resolutions
    Resolutions/goals for 2016:
    1) Treat myself better(I try this one every year and every year I get better at it)
    2) No alcohol for the first 6 months(to aid my body in accomplishing a bit of recomposition)
    3) To lose the last 10-15 pounds and get to a healthy BMI and body fat percentage(yes, it may take a full YEAR to do this)
    4) There are others and only I know them.
    Here we go 2016!

and posted them on my Facebook where I was promptly told by 'Magic thyroid pill/I eat other people's food coworker' that I do not need to lose anymore weight, "just tone" she says. :neutral:

I'm sorry I know what I look like naked, I know to look better it will require some body fat to disappear while at least maintaining my current lean body mass. There will be some weight coming off of me somewhere.
    So I responded:

"Thank you for your opinion. I hear what you're saying but I will continue until I am happy and content. If you truly have a concern about my health I can get you my doctor's phone number."

She said she didn't mean to offend me and 'her friend said that toning will help get the weight to where you want it'

Grr. Well, I want to see 'your friend's' credentials and at least 3 references as to their great health and fitness accomplishments.

I responded again:
    "I'm not offended. If I want to lose body fat and achieve the look that I want, I will need go continue to eat at a calorie deficit, which is what you do to lose weight. In the fitness world, there is no real definition for toning that is greatly recognized. Rather, toning is a term used to describe the end goal, which usually results from a combination of basic weight-lifting and fat-burning."

I was later told by my mother that I was 'mean' but I've gotten tired of her(coworker) telling me I don't need to lose anymore weight. I have MY goals. They are MINE and you saying something to me over and over again isn't going to change them. Just like me telling her over and over about getting a calorie deficit isn't going to change her eating habits. I stopped repeating myself. I think she should be kind enough to do the same.

/end rant

Happy New Year everyone!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I'm going to bicycle 3000 miles this year.

Nice one!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I haven't made any more resolutions than the ones I already try everyday. Keep working on eating better and moving more. Try loving myself more. Getting my health issues straightened out. Getting a bunch of extra weight off.

@lilaclovebird I don't see how you were mean. Just direct and to the point.
    @sufferlandrian That sucks big time. But the 300 miles? That's awesome!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Happy bleated New Year! I switched with another coworker. I worked Xmas eve/day in exchange she worked NYE/NYD. I spent time with my gf over in Seattle. Saw Book of Mormon musical. If you never seen it, enjoy musicals and don't mind strong language, it's really good. A lot of jokes and humor. I think it was written by the same guys who started Southpark. After the musical we hung out and watched the fireworks at the Seattle Space Needle.

I don't really have resolutions other than keeping up with the fitness and weight loss progress I've made. Scale wise I have stalled since Nov. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. I do hope to get to the lower 200's weight wise before the end of the year.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    tuedXkw.jpg Found this funny, wonder if it would work.....
  • gte149n
    gte149n Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nightshift reporting in. Thanks for being here! Happy New Year!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gte149n
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    gte149n wrote: »
    Nightshift reporting in. Thanks for being here! Happy New Year!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gte149n

Howdy! What do you do?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This has not been a good new year for pet owners. If your pet isn't urinating for 4 days, it probably should have been seen two days ago.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I think mine is similar. Some sort of stress management. I did a great job at improving my body, now it's time to work on that effed up head of mine. I'm going to do better than half assed attempts at reading on the things that bother me. I have been stubborn, but maybe for help it's time I see someone, but I'm not going to jump to that conclusion yet.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    We are 40 mins into shift and my partner is already huffing and puffing bc he had to run a driver's license and check for warrants. Pretty sure that's what we get paid to do but I may be mistaken...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yesterday Elka read a 31 page Dick and Jane book to me! She received a boxed set as a gift from gramma. I can't believe she can read already! Kindergarten! And we signed her up for Broadway classes! Four months of class and she gets to perform in a showcase at the end! (And it forces her dad and I to have a mini date once a week...and by mini date, I mean go have a beer or two while she is in class).