Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    She's so smart! It's great that you're getting her into that. I wasn't allowed to do...well, much of anything when I was a kid, and tbh, I still resent it. Whenever I get around to having kids, I fully intend to do what I can to help them explore their talents and interests.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    This has not been a good new year for pet owners. If your pet isn't urinating for 4 days, it probably should have been seen two days ago.

The poor pet :( how is the pet doing?

Had to put him down. The kidneys couldn't get going again.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    This has not been a good new year for pet owners. If your pet isn't urinating for 4 days, it probably should have been seen two days ago.

The poor pet :( how is the pet doing?

Had to put him down. The kidneys couldn't get going again.

:'(
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If I had $1 for every time I heard, "That doesn't match the price on the internet..." First of all, which site? That's like saying, "That doesn't match the price I saw somewhere else in the universe!" The internet's a big place, people! Second of all, if you already know the rate, why are you calling to ask? Why don't you just book the room on whatever site you found it on?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    She's so smart! It's great that you're getting her into that. I wasn't allowed to do...well, much of anything when I was a kid, and tbh, I still resent it. Whenever I get around to having kids, I fully intend to do what I can to help them explore their talents and interests.

I wasn't either. My cousins were in dance/gymnastics, went to camp. My mom was a single mom so it wasn't affordable and she didn't do that kind of stuff anyway. Sucks. I mentioned to my fiance as we left after signing her up how whenever we sign her up for stuff like this, it makes me feel like we're doing ok...a lot of kids never get the opportunity to do stuff like this...whether it be financial or the parents don't want to commit to taking them or the parents just don't care to enrich their kids' lives. I just want to give her every opportunity to be happy and fulfilled.

She really is a smart cookie. Her school has high standards so they get some credit! And we've been no slouches in fostering her learning. Team effort but she is pretty amazing on her own.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

I wasn't either. My cousins were in dance/gymnastics, went to camp. My mom was a single mom so it wasn't affordable and she didn't do that kind of stuff anyway. Sucks. I mentioned to my fiance as we left after signing her up how whenever we sign her up for stuff like this, it makes me feel like we're doing ok...a lot of kids never get the opportunity to do stuff like this...whether it be financial or the parents don't want to commit to taking them or the parents just don't care to enrich their kids' lives. I just want to give her every opportunity to be happy and fulfilled.

She really is a smart cookie. Her school has high standards so they get some credit! And we've been no slouches in fostering her learning. Team effort but she is pretty amazing on her own.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Haha! Sorry for the triple post! Wifi is acting up tonight!

Had this guy pull up, get out of his car and proceed to yell loudly for about 5 minutes. I thought he was yelling at someone, thought about calling the police...until I realized he was on the phone. He was YELLING at the top of his lungs...on the phone...at two a.m. He walks in and I recognize him as a regular local. He says "Sorry about that, you couldn't hear me, could you?" I told him that a guest had called down to complain about someone yelling in the parking lot and I wouldn't be checking him in since he'd already had noise complaint before checking in. (No one did call but I've worked here long enough to know that 1) the complaint call was coming 2) he was going to get one once he got to the room 3) people will complain to the desk/internet in the morning even if they didn't call.) He got pissed off, wouldn't let me finish a sentence, calling me a *kitten*, etc.

Fun times in customer service...

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    If I had $1 for every time I heard, "That doesn't match the price on the internet..." First of all, which site? That's like saying, "That doesn't match the price I saw somewhere else in the universe!" The internet's a big place, people! Second of all, if you already know the rate, why are you calling to ask? Why don't you just book the room on whatever site you found it on?

Amen sister! If you saw it for a better price, just say thank you and go back to that site and book it!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    4.5 hours before I blow this popsicle stand and head for the airport. Going to Ohio to visit family and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna freeze my *kitten* off all week :D
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ohio in January? Ummm yeah...good luck with that!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ohio in January? Ummm yeah...good luck with that!

Yuck. No thank you!

You go have fun.

I don't know what the SMURF is in the carpet at the Bastrop office but it EFFED me UP!
    Allergies out the wahzoo! Runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, post nasal drip which made me nauseous(I did throw up in the Rhesus compound on Friday evening) I felt like DEATH yesterday.
    I get over here to Smithville and my throat still kinda scratchy but it's totally bearable and my biggest complaints are cold feet and a sore tongue.

I have lozenges for the tongue/throat and a heater for my feet!

ETA: Major different between offices is Smithville has tile floors!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I rearranged the living room the other day and cleaned up after Christmas...kicked up a bunch of crap and the tot and I were plagued for the rest of the day with allergy symptoms. I love my pets but I do NOT love their hair and dander! We have wood floors throughout the house so on one hand it is good we don't have carpet to hold on to the allergans but on the other...fur bunnies crop up constntly! Ugh. And I want another kitty...just what we need...

One of my cats causes much more of a reaction than the other two...and he is the one who insists on being worn as a scarf! Makes my neck break out in hives, jacks my nose and eyes up...and he is the one we don't like (just love enough to care for, lucky *kitten*)!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Ba$tard. I said ba$tard...but that was censored??
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ba$tard. I said ba$tard...but that was censored??

Yup. No bad words here! It even censored *kitten* ...like the game ... c o r n h o l e

Wait... it censored it...then it didn't...I'm confused...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh...speaking of allergies...my nose has been running all night for no apparent reason.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble with mine when it was warm and wet but now that it's cold again, I'm starting to feel better. I had to get use to our laminate floors but I love them now having two dogs.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside down. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside down. :smile:

Well crap...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Any personal experiences with sugar substitues like agave nectar, etc? Not artificial ones...the hippie shizz?