Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pinup/rockabilly chicks are always into Star Wars. I could not care less. So boring to me. My fiance is a fan, not like a fan fan but he watched it growing up and dug it. My kiddo LOVES it, even has a Chewbacca backpack! NERD ALERT! lol That is what I say to her anytime she geeks out over Star Wars stuff. (I'm not nerd shaming...trust me...I've got my nerdy interests for sure!) I never watched any of them as a kid, wasn't until the early 2000s when I was forced into watching them. We went and watched the "new" one at the time and while I thought that one was okay, my fiance disliked it.

We were talking about family themed Halloween costumes next year and those two suggested Star Wars. Of course they both said I should be Leia and I was like "Amidala!" and they said I couldn't...because they want to go as people from the earlier ones. :/ So I guess I'd have to be Leia. I think the gold guy would be fun though, too. Screw it...I'm doing Amidala anyway if they make me do a Star Wars character...unless I get full authority on the next year's costumes...then I'll be Leia. ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've never been much for Star Wars. I haven't watched all of the old movies, I hated the 1st batch of the new ones. I'm an old Trekkie from way back.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    They used to do Star Trek marathons on Halloween up in the Seattle area. They would start with the pilot and then run through the entire series. It usually took until about 7 AM but it was a lot of fun to sit around with friends and watch. :smile:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    about fifteen years ago, between Christmas and New Years', Comedy Central did a marathon of "SOAP" - the old sitcom from the late 70's - and I stayed up for almost two days straight watching it.

thank God for Netflix and DVD's. now I can sleep AND there's no commercials.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No Commercials are nice. :smile: For what I pay each month for Netflix, it's worth no commercials. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Soooo...I saw maple bacon cookie mix at Wal-mart. Didn't get it...I regret it now.

Bacon's overrated these days.

I was in Costco the other day, I had been wanting Oreos, it's been like years since I've had I've, and I almost bought a giant box.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Saw the Star Wars movie on Tuesday and loved it! Like I want to go see it again at the IMAX theater loved it lol.

And the weather here? Muggy, in the 70's and we've gotten over 2in of rain in 48 hours. Not. Cool.
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Grades are in: 2 As, 2 A-'s, 1 B. Not too shabby...
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another inch of snow and the skiing is FABULOUS!! :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    People wouldn't know what to do with themselves if our two inches of snow fell as snow instead :D I'd be tickled pink.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We've got about a foot and a half on the ground and it's still falling. Expecting about another inch. It's just about perfect. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'm hating on you pretty bad :) On the plus side, me and the hubs should be able to get a hike in on Christmas Day.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Also, even though I am 37 years old, my university mailed my grades to my mother instead of myself. How do they even have her info?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Also, even though I am 37 years old, my university mailed my grades to my mother instead of myself. How do they even have her info?

ROFL!!!! That's too funny. :smile:
  • belimawr
    Options
    We've got about a foot and a half on the ground and it's still falling. Expecting about another inch. It's just about perfect. :smile:

I'm hating you too right now.
  • belimawr
    Options
    You know what my problem is with cooking? I throw stuff in a pot half the time. I have no fear in experimenting. I haven't made anything horrible, honestly.

What really sucks is I have made sine really awesome food, but I can't recreate it every because I never measure what I put in the pan or pot.

I made yesterday what I consider prefect steel cut oats, I loved the texture, nice and chewy - and I have no #$&@&$ idea how long I cooked them for.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options

That's awesome!
  • belimawr
    Options

I thought you were a hell of a lot younger based on your photo and school... good work!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

I thought you were a hell of a lot younger based on your photo and school... good work!

You're not the 1st person to make that assumption. And thanks!