GET RICH QUICK!!!

Options
What if you had to choose between the following:

OPTION 1) Get rich quick, but spend all the money and be poor again, just as quickly - possibly even poorer than you started

or

OPTION 2) Take some time, earn your wealth, and learn how to preserve it.

Which would you pick?

It seems pretty obvious to me, which option is better. I want a lasting wealth... even if it means I have to work for it. I don't want a flash in the pan that disappears in a heartbeat - potentially leaving me scarred in the process... I want something sustainable. Something lasting. Something I can pass on to my kids after I am gone.

And yet - so many topics on this site are focused on helping people achieve OPTION 1... some VLCDs, cleanses, fad diets, starvation and the like - abound a plenty.

So many people seem to think that they'll be the exception to the rule - that they'll lose weight super fast, turn into this low fat, ripped, amazing sexy creature, and keep that body for EVERRRRR.... and yet they don't learn the proper tools to preserve the wealth they achieve (if they even achieve it in the first place!)

And it's kinda ridiculous.

Take this thread as an encouragement - you didn't gain weight overnight...
YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOSE IT OVERNIGHT!

I challenge you to ALLOW YOURSELF...
- GRACE to lose weight slowly. Adjust your timelines to allow yourself time to change the way you approach food.
- ROOM to make mistakes... no one can do this perfectly! You will have days where you feel like you have failed. It is OK. Just keep trying.
- FREEDOM to have those foods you feel you cannot live without. Find a way to fit an occasional treat into your life
- PERMISSION to love yourself as you are, knowing that you are working towards being healthier.
- REALISM... set realistic goals for what you want to look like... recognize your body type and see what thinner versions of those body types look like. (If you have a massive chest, you likely won't look like Kate Hudson when you lose your weight!)

Too many times I see people hate themselves into losing weight, and they do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get to their goal as fast as possible... and too many times I see them on the side of the road with their head between their knees... broken because they feel like they've failed.

Train for your marathon... you don't have to run it the first time you lace up your shoes...

Replies

• AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    In for an amazing post!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I <3 You
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for saying it.

What should be obvious to everyone, that quick and easy weightloss is a scam, just falls into blind spots for people. They want is so much they'll believe everything.

"Well it can't hurt to try!" Yes it can! Losing weight rapidly can be dangerous to your body. And that says nothing of the mental toll it takes on a person, losing and regaining weight so fast.

I will always, always, disparage scam diets. Even if I get called mean for it. Even if the MLM salespeople report me. I do it because I'm trying to help. And I hate to see anyone fall for a scam.

and you are one of my favorite MEAN people because of this! <3
  • Jimmy_Rhythm
    Jimmy_Rhythm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Yep. This is amazing. People need to see this.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    45306-Avatar-its-perfect-gif-kSX8.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for saying it.

What should be obvious to everyone, that quick and easy weightloss is a scam, just falls into blind spots for people. They want is so much they'll believe everything.

"Well it can't hurt to try!" Yes it can! Losing weight rapidly can be dangerous to your body. And that says nothing of the mental toll it takes on a person, losing and regaining weight so fast.

I will always, always, disparage scam diets. Even if I get called mean for it. Even if the MLM salespeople report me. I do it because I'm trying to help. And I hate to see anyone fall for a scam.

and you are one of my favorite MEAN people because of this! <3

Yeah, why are you so mean with your horrible honesty?

OP, great post. Hope some newbs pass by and give this a look.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Great analogy!

Bill Murray is burning quite a few calories today.

giphy.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    fxey6s.gif
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post!

f80b33b86bcb4d7934e879db667d2fbd.jpg
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    OPTION 2) Take some time, earn your wealth, and learn how to preserve it.

Currently doing this, from both the literal and metaphorical aspects :D
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have no kewl gif so....

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    fxey6s.gif

And of course :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options