GET RICH QUICK!!!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OP is based on a false dichotomy, specifically leaving out a number of other reasonable options for end result.

The community deserves better.

Hey everyone remember that time dbmata was such a helpful influence for people and posted that great thread?

Neither do I.

:mad:

QFT

ETA I just realized this was stickied! Huh, the mods must believe the community already got their "better" right here. :drinker:

It was stickied super early! I was shocked at how quickly it was!
    :drinker: :heart:
  • ellewalkify
    Options
    great post! i needed to read this this week. thx :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for future reference.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP is based on a false dichotomy, specifically leaving out a number of other reasonable options for end result.

The community deserves better.

Hey everyone remember that time dbmata was such a helpful influence for people and posted that great thread?

Neither do I.

:mad:

giphy.gif
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bump. Great post!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%, sadly you're probably preaching to the choir. Based on the number of "everyone is different" posts I've seen over the years common sense, logic and science are nowhere near as persuasive as Dr Oz..........

True.

BUT...

...if Mirey's post reaches ONE person...and changes the path for that person, then she has succeeded.

Someone's post reached me once. I thank that person every single day for getting through to me.

And thank you, Mirey, for continuing to help others see through the nonsense. :smooched: :heart:

+1 yep
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: Nicely stated. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great post. Tx
  • EyeScreamFourIceCreme
    Options
    ?id=d0d4425e418ed666aafdfdd8336b0538_o.gif
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I WANNA GET RICH QUICK!!

but when you put it that way....I guess I don't.

<sigh>

In for the long haul to health (and wealth)

Exactly! Thanks, OP!

:flowerforyou:x12
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Although I'm trying this approach this time around, doing things at a gradual, consistent pace is so hard to wrap my conditioned brain around. *pout*
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Although I'm trying this approach this time around, doing things at a gradual, consistent pace is so hard to wrap my conditioned brain around. *pout*

In a world where we get instant gratification based on our actions, sometimes a slower pace is the hardest thing to take. Keep it up, it's totally worth it.

The other thing I encourage is to remember... if your goal is to get fit, and be healthy... then that is a lifetime goal. Over the span of 20 / 40 / 60 years... whether you reach goal over 6 months, or over 2 years... if you are looking at the long term, even 2 years is short term.

I understand that there are always exceptions - people who may be in a critical state where their health NEEDS to change NOW. But if that is not the case, then I encourage you to keep an eye on the big picture. It takes some of the stress off you, and allows you freedom to grow into the new you.

Not to mention the emotional fallout that comes with drastic changes in your body. I would imagine... for those who have lost 100 pounds... that weight lost is just as difficult for their mind to accept as an amputation of a limb. If it is a sudden change, there are a whole host of emotional issues that need to be addressed.

We are more than physical beings - use this as a way to change both physically and emotionally. It can be pretty awesome!
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post.. what a great reminder!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    :heart:

tumblr_inline_mxmkysi10I1r70vmp.gif
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    The rate of suicide for lottery winners is high .. that should tell us something. ;-)

Oh .. re weight loss, yes I don't like when people go nuts to lose weight, as I am pretty sure that they will gain it all back when they get to their supposed goal weight.

Slow and steady.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Remember that wealth is NOT about how much you make, but rather how you spend.
  • cookieanzac
    Options
    Very well said!
  • cspinato
    cspinato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been on my healthy quest for almost 4 years and have lost 38lbs. I have a few more to go but, it just clicked this time. I don't know how else to describe it. That's the only way I see to make it last....and I feel great! Love your motivation for us all!
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Your money analogy doesn't quite work for me because I would love to become rich fast and then spend it all. Spending money is fun! I don't see the point in having money just to have it.

Of course that doesn't change the fact that all the things you said about diet and fitness are completely true :flowerforyou:
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!!!