GET RICH QUICK!!!

Options

Replies

• jrhanna84
    jrhanna84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    These :flowerforyou: are for you. Awesome post!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great post! I call it losing weight the relaxed and casual way.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Thank you for posting what should be the obvious! But if it was, the diet fad industry would not exist buy, sadly it does!
    :flowerforyou:
  • GunbunnyFuFu
    GunbunnyFuFu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post!!!
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the awesome feedback!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a great post!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Love this!:flowerforyou:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lflgi9qct91qdufy3.gif
    ^Yup. Great post!
  • Monnik73
    Monnik73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this (and for making it a sticky so everyone can find it!). I'm new to the MFP boards and needed to hear this today. I've never been one to follow fad diets, but I do tend to get discouraged because I'm a slow loser. I need to remember that slow does not equal failure. It's better than a negative loss.

So thanks! :bigsmile:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    This should be required reading for all new members.

Top stuff!
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! It helped me to recalibrate my goals, to reflect that I am making a lifestyle adjustment, not going on a diet.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if I got rich quick I would still spend responsibly. I'm very much into that.

Of course the same does not apply to my eating. So here's hoping for option 2 for me!
  • BradsBrat
    Options
    I have always been in the camp of doing things right and taking the time to get them right. However, with my weight loss efforts I'll start firm and doing it right and somehow either allow others in my life to push me into unhealthy decisions or to make me feel like a failure because I haven't lost it all already. It took me several years to get this heavy, it won't take that long to lose it all, but if I even lose 10 lbs, I'm better than I was when I was 10lbs heavier, and doing it slow and healthy!

Thanks for the post, it is a boost to know there are people who think it through!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I read all the replies, and I am so happy that people are hearing that there are other, possibly better, options out there. If we can take some of the urgency off the weight loss, the likelihood of creating sustainable goals and lifestyle changes ratchets up!

All the best to all of you! You can do this! :heart:
  • flo_soup
    Options
    Love this post!
  • elektrolization
    Options
    This is great:) Makes me feel better about the method I chose to deal with my weight. I'm battling the binge using doctors appointments, workshops offered by the hospital, and trying to fix my eating and exercise habits the right way. Fad diets led me to gaining 50 lbs in a year.

My wedding is Sept 2015, so yeah I'd like to lose some weight by then but I REFUSE to hop on the fad diet wagon again. I have this great friend, who has a rockin' body (seriously, very fit) and she is getting married next September as well. Except she just told me that if she doesn't see a difference in her body working out normally, she's going to go on Jenny Craig. I find it quite sad to hear her say that! But I feel like I will find happiness in myself doing this the slow, life changing way while she could end up unhappy after her quick fix is over (even though she will still have a body most people dream of).
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Great post! Shocked I never noticed it till now! :blushing:

To be honest when I first joined MFP I thought that I would just lose quickly and exercise hard so I would never (crazy!) do it again. In under a month I swear that the community and information changed that mindset and I am happy to work hard and strive for my 80lb I gained all of my life to come off in only 1-3 years with MFP! Making small diet and exercise changes while joining challenges are really helping me since I signed up in April 2014. Glad to have lost 26.6 lb so far and to see what works and what doesn't! Thanks again for the post!

-LUOY :flowerforyou:
  • 2morrowisanotherday
    Options
    Thanks I needed that
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    :heart: