GET RICH QUICK!!!

Replies

• Alibella_5
    Alibella_5 Posts: 1 Member
    Bravo! Thank you!
  • Nice post. Option 2 is something I would pick, but just to be rich, even for a short time...oh, how many bills need to be paid. XD
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Nice post. Option 2 is something I would pick, but just to be rich, even for a short time...oh, how many bills need to be paid. XD

Right now... I totally get this. TOTALLY.
  • raggal
    raggal Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you :)
    An amazing post (Y)
  • Got2beme7
    Got2beme7 Posts: 23 Member
    Wow! A great post! I was not expecting that! I was expecting you to try to sell me something to make me financially rich, instead you sold me the attitude to be rich in body.
  • MireyGal76
    Got2beme7 wrote: »
    Wow! A great post! I was not expecting that! I was expecting you to try to sell me something to make me financially rich, instead you sold me the attitude to be rich in body.

I'm glad you read to the end! I've gotten flagged 7x for posting spam! Lol

Even more so, I'm really glad it helped!
  • excellenthabits
    excellenthabits Posts: 3 Member
    YeS YES YES
  • CSlupe11
    CSlupe11 Posts: 31 Member
    So true!!! There are so many "quick fixes" out there that people are wasting money on for TEMPORARY results. This is truly an AWESOME post! Thank you.
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    Yes add me... Marathon not Sprint
  • sperrygrass
    sperrygrass Posts: 4 Member
    Great post! So glad I clicked on the title even though I almost didn't. I knew it would be something great!
  • AndiVentry
    AndiVentry Posts: 50 Member
    WONDERFUL POST!!!! I hope it is okay if I share this with my fitness community that is my "support village"... :smiley:
  • MireyGal76
    AndiVentry wrote: »
    WONDERFUL POST!!!! I hope it is okay if I share this with my fitness community that is my "support village"... :smiley:

Most certainly! I'm really glad that it strikes a chord with people! :smiley:
  • dtherio
    dtherio Posts: 11 Member
    If I may ask a silly question, what does VLCD stand for?

Thanks.
  • MireyGal76
    dtherio wrote: »
    If I may ask a silly question, what does VLCD stand for?

Thanks.

@dtherio it means Very Low Calorie Diet

Not a silly question... My bad for not spelling out the acronym in the OP!
  • dtherio
    dtherio Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks. New to the forums here.
  • moonbubbles
    moonbubbles Posts: 29 Member
    This is the hardest thing for me to get through my head.

I'll try to read this every day. Thank you for posting it.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I challenge you to ALLOW YOURSELF...
    - GRACE to lose weight slowly. Adjust your timelines to allow yourself time to change the way you approach food.
    - ROOM to make mistakes... no one can do this perfectly! You will have days where you feel like you have failed. It is OK. Just keep trying.
    - FREEDOM to have those foods you feel you cannot live without. Find a way to fit an occasional treat into your life
    - PERMISSION to love yourself as you are, knowing that you are working towards being healthier.
    - REALISM... set realistic goals for what you want to look like... recognize your body type and see what thinner versions of those body types look like. (If you have a massive chest, you likely won't look like Kate Hudson when you lose your weight!)

This!
  • Curtez
    Curtez Posts: 62 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • kelly1979G
    kelly1979G Posts: 11 Member
    Great post!
  • teeore
    teeore Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you! This is so true and it took me a while to understand this when I started my fitness journey. I remember several times in the past, I would start eating healthy and exercising and would get discouraged when I hadn't lost 20lbs in one month! Very unrealistic, I know. I spent many years in frustration because of this.

Last year with my sister's encouragement, I eventually started slow, eating clean and working out 4 times a week, while only loosing 1 -2lbs (max) a week. I kept at it and before long, I was 20lbs lighter and that's when I eventually understood everything this post was about.
  • amandapowers7211
    amandapowers7211 Posts: 1 Member
    Now that's true words of encouragement! Thank you for that. :)
  • earningmybeer
    earningmybeer Posts: 26 Member
    +1 (sorry no fancy gifs... but yes, that's spot on).
  • GetFitLiveLife
    GetFitLiveLife Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome thread! Really needed this.
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    <3
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    I've always been the one to automatically state that things are scams. Cause they are. All of those "programs", special diets, etc. are just that:scams. The ONLY legitimate way to lose weight the healthy, correct, long-term sustainable way is through a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Not products. I've never bought a single product for weight loss and I've lost 55 lb in 11 months. (Slow weight loss is BEST for sustainability and also for your health -plus it produces better body results). I am baffled at how many people fall for these ridiculous gimmicks.
  • MireyGal76
    I've always been the one to automatically state that things are scams. Cause they are. All of those "programs", special diets, etc. are just that:scams. The ONLY legitimate way to lose weight the healthy, correct, long-term sustainable way is through a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Not products. I've never bought a single product for weight loss and I've lost 55 lb in 11 months. (Slow weight loss is BEST for sustainability and also for your health -plus it produces better body results). I am baffled at how many people fall for these ridiculous gimmicks.

You've got it right!
  • MireyGal76
    edited May 2015

It's kind of interesting to me though. When I think about when I was younger, I exercised quite a bit and was always in pretty good shape. There was tons of broscience being thrown at me. I really don't blame people for getting caught up in all of that stuff because I sure did. I was told and/or believed that lifting 4 hours a day, 7 days a week, and eating grass every day was the only way to get really strong and cut. I was a bit ignorant. If people read, do some research, learn from other's experiences, and come to an intelligent conclusion, more power to them. The problem comes when people are faced with facts and choose to ignore them and believe what they want to believe anyway. It only took me about 20 years to learn from my mistakes. :)

The problem is that so many fallacies are presented AS facts... and sometimes the hole you've dug seems so deep that you believe you cannot make it out on your own. Those fallacies start to look like the rope ladder to help you out of the hole... when in reality, they end up breaking before you get to the top. (Or some assshole is there waiting to push you back in).

Sadly... you usually need to find your own way of climbing out. The strength you gain during that struggle is what will keep you from falling back into the hole again.
  • facex3nicole
    facex3nicole Posts: 10 Member
    Love it!
  • deanpearce
    deanpearce Posts: 16 Member
    What a great post, thanks for this inspiration!
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Great post :smile: