40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Am back from my training trip. Gawd, those trips take their toll. First, 6 hours of driving, then a night in a hotel room, which means crappy sleep, followed by 8 hours sitting in a room, listening to lawyers speak about privacy (interesting, but long), followed by 3 1/2 hr drive back toward home. EXHAUSTED!
    Did I get a workout in - No. Did I eat clean - yes. :smile:
    Back to work today and it's snowing. Can't let that stop me.

A friend sent this to me - had it made to help motivate me to get back to running again. This was me a few years ago, running the Goodlife marathon. :)
    wrvr0kvt5t8u.jpg
  • sdereski
    Options
    Oh, and isn't it appropriate that it sits atop my desk that has not one, but three different race training schedules on there. lol.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

Beeps, it's only work if you have to do it.

Sderski, I hate sleeping in a hotel bed. You never good much sleep. And snow???? We hit 88F today.

I didn't have to work tonight, so I had the whole day to play in the dirt. This is me with my 6 foot rule showing how deep the hole was when I hit clay {4 or 4 1/2 feet}.

p5lff8hsux3z.jpg

I did take a woods ramble, ending up in some dark hollow.

bxkzenkysis8.jpg

Here are the week's numbers:

20.3% Body Fat
    23.6 BMI
    186.7 Pounds

That is 1.0 pounds lost for the week.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Moving my elderly father to a facility much closer to me. Made one trip for stuff today. Second trip tomorrow. Each is about a 5.5 hour round trip just in the car. Loading and unloading is just bonus time.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Bis & Tris =DONE!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So they were calling for a possible 15cm of snow last night so I made sure to go to kickboxing last night followed by the 1 hour self defence class. It didn't snow so I also went to kettlbell and kickboxing this morning. I'm done! I've worked out every day this week other than the holiday monday.
  • raleymeg
    raleymeg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here. I am 48 and struggling with vitamin d deficiency, chronic fatigue and obesity!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Good luck, allen!

Nicely done furball.

Good workout, gam!

I am in San diego for three nights....will report in later!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    I had one of my worst eating days in a long time. That's ok. One day doesn't blow everything. Tomorrow will be better.
  • gam3rguy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good work everyone.
    @beeps - have always wanted to visit San Diego. I bet it's lovely there.

@raleymeg - those are some difficult issues you are struggling with. Good luck. We're here to offer support.

Ran 2 days in a row! Did 6.4 miles on Sat and 4 miles on Sunday. Woot! Woot!
    Did my circuit training on Friday as well, so a pretty successful weekend, workout wise.

@larro - are you sure those numbers are correct? You usually are in the 160s 170s. I have never seen you post in the 180s! With all that shoveling dirt, I can imagine there would be a loss.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    The workout room was tiny, but fairly well equipped. DB's up to 50 lb....and a bench. So, I can cobble together a decent upper and lower body workout with that. I worked out as soon as it opened and nobody came in the 75 mins I was there.

I will walk the beach a few times this afternoon.

And I will do another lifting workout tomorrow morning.

San Diego is so lovely. I always enjoy my time here. :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Good work everyone.

@larro - are you sure those numbers are correct? You usually are in the 160s 170s. I have never seen you post in the 180s! With all that shoveling dirt, I can imagine there would be a loss.

Good catch. I meant to say 168.7 pounds. Everyday that I work on the hole I take a big bag of snacks. But at the end of the day when I run the numbers, they are never equal to the calories burned. I'm starting to get in a groove though. I can shovel steady for an hour without a break. You move a lot of dirt doing that.

I have office relief today, so no digging. I did get out early and plant spinach for us, and rye-grass for the deer.

• allenpriest
    Options
    I had one of my worst eating days in a long time. That's ok. One day doesn't blow everything. Tomorrow will be better.

Today was better.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Larro, you need to be using a tractor. That digging is not fun. The leaves are changing and falling around here, looks very pretty, but getting cold. The corn is all chopped and you can see way down the field now. My weight had gone up 2-3 lbs the last couple weeks. Haven't made the best choices eating out, and not exercising as much. Getting back to better choices this week and doing better. I hope everyone is having a good week.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Zombies 5k, yes I'm a geek, and yes, I love it!

So did my first 'run' yesterday, and it was pretty easy. They said to take the next day off, and I am even tho I really want to do it again today. I saw they give runners who are over 40 a title, I can't remember it offhand but I found it curious!

I love the cooler weather and am so glad I decided to learn to run now 'cause I get so darn hot. It will be interesting in january...
  • sdereski
    Options

Today was better.

Glad to hear it.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

@beeps - now that is dedication to your lifting! Working out in a hotel gym for 75 minutes - awesome!
    @larro - I thought I was reading something wrong. :)

Went for a walk yesterday - zumba was cancelled due to the elections taking place in our workout space.
    Speaking of election - how about that red wave sweep?! Happy for the change.
    And how about those Blue Jays? Go Jays Go! Still down 2-1 in the series, but here's hoping!

Walked instead of ran yesterday. Had a couple of dizzy spells throughout the day, so thought better of running. Nice walk with my g/f. :)