Butt Crack Jeans or Mom Jeans???

Options
Seriously ladies... Does anyone know of any jeans that a woman can buy that doesn't show her crack everytime she moves? Aside from the elastic waist "jeans" my grandma used to wear, I haven't been able to find anything! Since when did letting it all hang out become the trend? I know I'm not the only woman with this problem. I've seen too many cracks when I've been out and about!

So, anyone have any input? :blushing:

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't wear "mom" jeans but even with my big *kitten*, my crack never shows. There is a happy medium!

My preferred brands of jeans are Seven for All Mankind, Citizens of Humaity, and Joe's Jeans. Yeah, they're pricey, but they are better quality and fit me better than pretty much any other kind of jeans, and I'm really good at bargain hunting (Hello T.J. Maxx and Nordstrom Rack). Just say no to crack! Look for a pair of jeans with a "medium rise." That's not the super high "mom" jeans, but it's not low-rise like juniors jeans that wind up showing crack and giving us muffin top.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm really into Maurices jeans right now...they are hip and fitted, but have normal rise waists!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    For reasonable priced jeans, Old Navy Sweetheart style are the best. They aren't high rise, they're mid-rise, so they cover the butt. And they have all the different leg styles - boot cut, flair and skinny.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I wear mid rise jeans and love them. Only time my crack shows is when I bend way over or squat down low.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I like LEI jeans now. Below the belly button but above the love handles lol
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Usually if you buy women's sizes (the even numbers), the jeans will be made to fit just a touch higher on the hips. I almost exclusively buy Gap jeans and they still look cute and I never have the dreaded whale-tail.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Target actually has really good jeans that prevents that!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans are J Brand. Love love love them. Expensive, but I usually look for them on sale. They are worth it.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I wanted some cheap jeans, and bought a few pairs of Old Navy Rockstar jeans ... they fit great, look amazing with boots and are sooooo comfortable - like wearing leggings :)
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For reasonable priced jeans, Old Navy Sweetheart style are the best. They aren't high rise, they're mid-rise, so they cover the butt. And they have all the different leg styles - boot cut, flair and skinny.

This is my preferred pair also.
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    Marks work warehouse Curvy style.. they do not show the crackage and fit comfortable..oh and look good
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I often wear mens' jeans. They are typically mid-rise, and have a long enough leg that I'm not wearing floodies.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Get the trendy top :) lol

https://www.gettrendytop.com/
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing Lucky jeans today (thanks TK Maxx in the UK!) and although I would prefer a zip rather than button fly, there is no butt crack showing!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Guess jeans are fitting me like a glove these days... and American Eagle. No butt crack problems.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my skinny jeans from White House Black Market, great fit and they aren't super low cut. I also have a few pairs of jeans from Loft that I like as well and aren't low cut, also express has various cuts for their jeans. I say just shop around and you'll be able to find them
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like LEI jeans now. Below the belly button but above the love handles lol

My preference and not too pricey.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would give Levi's a go! If you look on their website, they have multiple, multiple styles that are made not only in high, medium, and low rise (you know, just in case you feel like going back to showing some crack ;), but also for very curvy, curvy, hourglass, and straight body types. I actually just ordered a pair of jeans and a pair of 'jeggings' from there the other day. Not too expensive either, considering-- plus free shipping and a 20-30% discount is available at checkout (or at least when I bought mine).

Good luck!
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I LOVE Maurices jeans. I also live in Wrangler Aura jeans...they don't show your butt crack, don't gap when you sit down, are super comfy and really cute (not as "western" as they sound, I swear). I was so excited to be able to fit into my first pair of Silver Tab jeans last time I went jeans shopping and now I live in them. I also got some in a size smaller so I have a new pair of jeans to work toward.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

This is my preferred pair also.

I like the way these fit too, they're just too short on me (no idea why, I'm only 5'3"...guess I have abnormally long legs?), but definitely a more reasonably priced option, given you don't have super long legs.