• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Amazingly strong first post.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    owlbrave wrote: »
    Ok, first off, Im not a troll. I was asking an honest question. I Do have 95 lbs to get to my goal. At 275 lbs I am very over weight. Everyone's body is different. Your problem areas, may be my best area.
    I am still new to work out terms for stuff, so I im sorry about not having my wording correct.
    I know you need a layer of fat there to help during sex and that it helps to protect the pubic bone. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do.

overall weight loss of 100lbs has helped me reduce in this area,there is a noticeable difference now.
    true that you cant spot reduce,but just keep the faith and you will see improvements.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    FUPA = Fat Upper P.u.s.s.y Area. When we get fat, we get the FUPA. When we lose weight, it goes away. And just like your abs, you can't "spot reduce."

LOL
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Y'all, be nice to new folks! This is supposed to be a supportive community!

Op, welcome. Don't let the troll hunters scare you off. This place actually is amazingly supportive. I think people on a sizable calorie deficit just get cranky.

Just start tracking your calories, eat at a deficit, and move more. I recommend finding a sport or active hobby you enjoy, so exercise isn't such a grind.

You can do it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In the old days they used to call that "more cushion for the pushin".

And no, there is no specific exercises to target any specific areas, that's just BS to sell you something or to fill up some space in a magazine.
  • missh1967
    Options
    .....so exercise isn't such a grind.

bah dum dum
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    FUPA = Fat Upper P.u.s.s.y Area. When we get fat, we get the FUPA. When we lose weight, it goes away. And just like your abs, you can't "spot reduce."

LOL

The FUPA is actually the bottom of one's stomach. The mons pubis generally doesn't get that large, but the stomach hangs down and makes it look like the P***y area. The panniculus is actually what we are looking at.

That being said, I believe an extra amount of fat in pubic area is genetic. OP, I believe you are not referring to your panniculus, but actually to a over-fatty mons pubis. I have friends who have always had a particularly "puffy" pubic area, even after losing a significant amount of weight. OP, there are even surgeries to "correct" this issue because it's not possible to spot reduce. It's very possible that even with 100 lb weight loss, it will not go away and I've even seen some get "worse"- the fat remains, but becomes saggier with weight loss.

• missh1967
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »

LOL

The FUPA is actually the bottom of one's stomach. The mons pubis generally doesn't get that large, but the stomach hangs down and makes it look like the P***y area. The panniculus is actually what we are looking at.

That being said, I believe an extra amount of fat in pubic area is genetic. OP, I believe you are not referring to your panniculus, but actually to a over-fatty mons pubis. I have friends who have always had a particularly "puffy" pubic area, even after losing a significant amount of weight. OP, there are even surgeries to "correct" this issue because it's not possible to spot reduce. It's very possible that even with 100 lb weight loss, it will not go away and I've even seen some get "worse"- the fat remains, but becomes saggier with weight loss.

Technically, Fat Upper Pubic Area, not the pannus. I know the difference between the lower belly and the pubic area.

Not necessarily genetic. I noticed when I gained a lot of weight, I had a FUPA. When I lost it, it went away.

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Well that's enough internet for today. I'm gonna go workout, it's back, bis, and mons pubis day! My favorite!
  • missh1967
    Options
    DjinnMarie wrote: »
    Well that's enough internet for today. I'm gonna go workout, it's back, bis, and mons pubis day! My favorite!

LOL
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

LOL

Thank you for spelling that out...I was afraid to ask what a FUPA was. You saved me the embarrassment.

*backs out slowly now*
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ok, you know that area on your pubic bone? Below your lower belly and above your who-ha? well thats got a nice layer of fat on it that I would like to lose. But sadly, I cannot find ANYTHING on an exercise to help trim down on that area... HELP!!!

Have you started to lose weight yet? I'm 13 lbs down, and that's actually the first spot my fat disappeared from (well, that and my inner thighs). Kind of depressing for me, because I was hoping to lose it on my tummy, hips, or outer thighs!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »

LOL

Technically, Fat Upper Pubic Area, not the pannus. I know the difference between the lower belly and the pubic area.

Not necessarily genetic. I noticed when I gained a lot of weight, I had a FUPA. When I lost it, it went away.

I understand that the pubic area gets fatter as we get fatter, yes. I also understand there is a difference between the pubic area and the lower stomach. Obviously both get fatter when we do. What I was saying is that the FUPA that society refers to is not actually the fatty pubic area, but the panniculus. When somebody is seen on the street and somebody whispers "oh, look at her FUPA"-- it's generally her hanging stomach tucked in to her jeans, not her protruding pubic area.

Again, as I mentioned above, the fatty pubic area CAN get smaller with weight loss, but there are also times where people can lose all the weight they want, but still have a fatty pubic area, due to genetics. There is literally a surgery to correct this, even on a person who has been naturally thin their entire life.

ETA: My point is-- OP may or may not be able to dramatically reduce the fat in this area with weight loss.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.
  • goldenone1
    Options
    There are several lower ab exercises that will target that area (I.e. leg raises and mountain climbers). Also some inner thigh exercises.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight that area will reduce along with the rest of your body. :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Ok, you know that area on your pubic bone? Below your lower belly and above your who-ha? well thats got a nice layer of fat on it that I would like to lose. But sadly, I cannot find ANYTHING on an exercise to help trim down on that area... HELP!!!

Have you started to lose weight yet? I'm 13 lbs down, and that's actually the first spot my fat disappeared from (well, that and my inner thighs). Kind of depressing for me, because I was hoping to lose it on my tummy, hips, or outer thighs!

But losing on the inner thighs means your thighs no longer rub together, no? That's a plus in my book!

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    harlanJEN wrote: »

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

But losing on the inner thighs means your thighs no longer rub together, no? That's a plus in my book!

My thighs still rub, they're pretty big :(