Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Sara

Congratulations on the weigh in and staying steady as she goes....
    No small task - I know - I've been creeping up. ......turning my ship around.....

Liz !!!!! So glad to see you have found our new Beach and Cabana Club! It is Sara who gets all the credit in finding us this new home. Yay Sara!

Mimzy/Annie
    Your doggie Lila is so cute - I am a sadly dogless person, hoping that will change whenever it is that I can retire.

I hope your headache goes away soon.

Chamie I hope you find your way here.

Oh and yes, I have cancelled my WW membership too. $40+ dollars per month, and they take my boards away? Dolts.

BBL

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara--

Somebody over on the GDT ProBoards started a knitting thread, if you are interested in checking it out. If not, cool.

http://us-gdt-ex-pats.freeforums.net/thread/389/any-knitters

Lana, who paints, no knitting :)
  • laml0630
    laml0630 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lana you could start a painting thread :) Can you show us some of your paintings?

It seems to me as if my life moves faster than I can keep up, and I don't know how to slow things down or get ahead of it...I know this is vague and honestly do not know when I can explain it to you all...Just know it's not necessarily bad, just a lot .

Anyways. I need to step on a scale soon and let you know where I've ended up
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Glad I found this group, although I can't seem to help but feel like I'm intruding, as you all seem to know each other. But, thank you for the welcome. As I was driving to work this morning, I noticed someone putting out a sign for a WW Mtg.. I live in a very small town, so they have to put out signs wherever they can have a Mtg... Having quit several years ago, I had only given a passing thought that they still had Mtgs here. I do owe a lot to WW. But, it sounds as if it has changed too much for me (One of my biggest fears... Change) I just realized, there's not an actual point to my rambling... Well, I guess there is...I thought of this group this morning and wondered what I've been missing..
    Hope everyone had a good day. Mine was incredibly hot and stressful... But, I survived
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Arnie - we debated on how to continue our group and what we liked about the WW community was that anyone could stop by and drop in. You are doing exactly that and we chose Myfitnesspal because we could have an open group. Stop by and stay as long as you want.

Our weather will be in 100 by weekend and most of next week. I will start whining about it soon......

Should we introduce ourselves to Arnie?? I live in CA, drool over chocolate and fuss over my dog (tillie). I also knit and watch long "girlie" movies whenever possible, know any good ones?? Reading books and sleeping is just about the gist of my life - hahahaha I work in medical insurance - yup my life is exciting....

I would love to get into a WW meeting that fit my schedule, because I think the meetings are the best and most valuable part of WW. But no such luck.

Day is over brain is dead and luckily all my chocolate is in sealed/unopened bags.

Lana I have a knitting group that I met on WW community and we are now FB. Can you put your paintings in your avitar so we can see them??

Wishing all a good evening in case I pass out under Lana's Palm Tree snoring loudly.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    one more item, arnie there are 2 more people who may transfer over here one is in Hawaii and we know why she is not spending time on message boards - and the other one may soon..... so 6 of us??
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Dawn... But you can call me Arnie...lol... Arnie is a dog that my BF and I rescued a few years ago who had been hit by a car and needs a wheelchair. He is a wonderful little pup with a wonderful new family that he keeps busy, in and out of his wheels. I work at an animal rescue in Mo and we have 2 Sr Boston Terriers that we rescued.
    We are currently under a heat advisory until Fri night. Highs in upper 90's heat index triple digits. Yes, this is me whining. This girl does not like heat.
    I recently watched Notebook. Not new, still good. I love Dear John and The Vow. My new fav movie is not really a girlie movie... But, an intense tear jerker. Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhall. I've always liked him, but not a huge fan. This movie changed it for me. He is great!
    Well, I think I've rambled enough for now. I have this group bookmarked, so I plan to stop in often.
    Hope everyone has a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning,

In German Wednesday is "mittlewoche" or midweek, which helps if I feel the week is going by slowly. Watching the weather forecast, near 100 by Friday. Yipee. Yes that is sarcasm.

Will stop by later. Oatmeal is waiting. Wishing all a good Wednesday.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's the middle of the week! Accomplishments this week include getting 2 mile walks in for 3 days in a row! Completing the first two days of my arms and abs challenges! Only drinking diet pop!

I have continued to dip my hand into the candy jar at my co-workers desk too much and really haven't counted it. Need to buckle down. Also ate 2 dinner rolls last night rather than one, which is a no-no for carbs. So, things to work on!

Isn't the struggle always to stay with it long enough to start seeing the changes you want to see (i.e. # on scale going down, pants getting looser)? I'm really concentrating on not falling off the wagon as the week progresses and trying to think now about how I can stay on track over the weekend. Luckily, no events this weekend to tempt me.

I'll BBL! Have a great day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

WEDNESDAY July 20th

Mimzy Annie, that is good! Two mile walks 3 days in a row? You rock--
    Sara - I never knew about mittlewocke; I know almost no German. Stay cool.....

Big waves to Liz and Jen and Dawn and Chamie and anyone else who stops by to say hello.

I'm at the airport chilling for two hours before my flight. I had heard about long TSA lines, but I flew through at Raleigh.

I may not see you all until tomorrow~~

Hugs,
    Lana
  • No_Playa
    No_Playa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I guess I had an account here. I had no idea. This looks like a decent site.. no wonder WW is having financial problems. So, are you all still following WW or will you modify based on calories like this site advocates? Chamie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Chamie!! Yay- now we need to look out for Jen and what happened to Saidie?

Dawn glad to meet you.

Getting hot, I am aiming for kranky, and I hope my Amy's light and lean frozen lasagna is enough food or I might just take tylenol before hand - headache from sinus, heat, and work.

Knitting group on FB I was discussing bad eating habits I need to undo - next week's question???

Might for all my troubles make it an early evening.

• arniedog74
    Options
    WEDNESDAY July 20th

Mimzy Annie, that is good! Two mile walks 3 days in a row? You rock--
    Sara - I never knew about mittlewocke; I know almost no German. Stay cool.....

Big waves to Liz and Jen and Dawn and Chamie and anyone else who stops by to say hello.

I'm at the airport chilling for two hours before my flight. I had heard about long TSA lines, but I flew through at Raleigh.

I may not see you all until tomorrow~~

Hugs,
    Lana
    "Waves back" hope you had a good flight.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hope your flight went well and you are back home - did you say you work again Friday? New production??

Cancelling WW was almost too easy.... I did put in comments that the message board change was the reason and I could not get to a meeting on my work schedule. There are some lucky people out there with hour long lunches, I am not one of them.

Find me under Lana's Palm Tree in hammock with Tillie.
  • laml0630
    laml0630 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone :) I'm glad we're over here and meeting some new people, and that we have a place to be still.

Much like you Sara cancelling WW was pretty simple for me! And with my current job situation it is nice to know I am saving some money each month.

I've made a list of other services to cancel. One of which is my gym membership, which I wasn't using to begin with, but couldn't cancel until I moved (you need to be "out of range" of a gym to warrent cancellation) AND I just realized I am paying for a tanning membership that I thought had been a one month deal! YIKES.

Unfortunately internet is still quite the struggle and annoyance for me. You don't realize how much you rely on something and need it until you cannot rely on it. For instance as I type this I no longer have internet.

Thinking of you all as I try to get into a routine.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good Morning,

Liz is your computer issue reception or hardware?

Broke another necklace chain - easy to do when I am lazy and dont want to clasp it and am in a hurry. I am considering using yarn. I have enough of it......

Nice to not have to start 3 thread every morning like WW. New name for thread in August?? Suggestions?? Question of the week is on its way - suggestions also taken.

Oatmeal is almost ready. In times like this I wish could still have 5 cups of tea and 3 glasses of water. I have flipped that to 5 glasses of water and 3 of tea/coffee, but boy am I tired at the end of the day.

Love the preview button where I can find it and understand it. I know WW had one but found it last week......

Wishing all a great Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    THURSDAY

I have to to that day name thing, or I get confused coming back here. Blond.

Liz - you asked a few days ago - I'm too shy to put up any of my paintings. I am only a for-myself dabbler. I don't even like when other people look at them. :open_mouth:

Sara - the "new" production is a transfer of The Humans, which just won the Tony award for best play. They were in a very small theater, and they want to run it in a larger house. My house is small though--just over 1000 seats. The big big musicals have 1500 to 1800 seats. That's why I rarely get musicals.
    Sorry to hear about your necklaces. My wardrobe friend strings them on either dental floss or thin thin wire rope. That's what I do - and I have a local bead store finish off the ends.

In a rush to do errands then get to the health club.

You all have a great Thursday.
    Cabana Boys have a zero -point treat planned for when we are all in our lounge chairs or floating on our rafts.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS.
    Sara *slap forehead* Your necklaces are probably chains as you said and not beads on a string. Sorry.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's Thursday. It's hot here - but not as bad as I thought it would be. Yesterday would have been a good day except I caved to carbs too much. Trying to be better today. Took DD to her 7th grade physical this morning. She had 3 shots and a blood draw without making a peep. Very proud of her! A little worried as they continue to watch and check her for scoliosis and today we decided to do x-rays. She has grown an inch in the last couple of months and the curvature seems to be a bit more pronounced. The last thing she needs with her ADHD, sensory issues, speech problems and learning difficulties is to have to deal with treatment for scoliosis. Let's hope it doesn't go that far!

On the upside, I did get a 2 mile walk on the treadmill again, did my abs and arms, and drank plenty of water. But I've got to get the carbs and sweets in check if I want to lose.
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! Go on vacation for a little bit and everything changes. When did this happen and why? I saw on another thread a post from someone who listed a different message board site. Is everyone just doing their own thing? Figures WW would take these down. Well, Im a bit jet lagged but relaxed. Let me do some reading of your posts to catch up- be back in a bit. So glad I found you all!