Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good Morning,

Forgot "Question of the week" QOTW - so lets stay with last weeks as we had many people start or find us again....

QOTW = What habit will you be working on this week??

AOTW - this one is easy , more water, it is so hot that it is mandatory. Just need to drink more water.

Lana - how did your test go? I have mine next week.

Wave to all who follow. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

AOTD: I will be working on simply staying aware that I should be "on program". I cannot have this waiting for biopsy results to be an excuse to just eat anything, as I did yesterday. I won't know the results until next Monday, I think. I must say that one of the procedures - a stereotactic breast core biopsy was a rough time, but partially because of the very gruff drill sergeant of a woman doctor involved. The male doctor who did my other breast simply needle biopsy three hours earlier was an angel, and that procedure didn't hurt at all.
    I must say I am worried because I shot a photo of the left breast image, and the dark shape (not a clean circle) is shown online to be cancer. It runs in my family too. One day at a time.

Meanwhile I have working starting up again Thurs Fri Sat, and that's when they bring in the trays of carbs every morning and they sit out in the open right near my room. I have to bring in my own food, so I have the good choice right at hand.

Jen - yes, we had a doozie of a series of lightning thunderstorms yesterday. Pouring rain, major lightning. It was not scary here in Manhattan as it is when I am down in NC at the "shack".

OK, got stuff to do......
    BBL

Lana

245.6/219.0/175
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the new friends who have joined our board!

AOTW - Limiting - and I mean LIMITING - sweets! It seems when I say I'm NOT going to eat them, I eat more!

Lana - how are you feeling?

I did not fare well at the potluck yesterday but DH made a good meal of grilled chicken breasts, peppers, and potatoes for supper last night. My small NSV was getting in all of my water and only drinking diet pop. I also managed to get in 2 miles on the treadmill last night.

Today will be an on-plan kind of day. Good snacks and leftover chicken and peppers for lunch. Supper is a question mark right now but DH knows I really need to get this weight off and I need his help staying the course with meals.

My dad starts his treatment today for his bladder cancer. Please send him good thoughts and prayers!

Have a great day!

Annie/Mimzy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - email me your mailing address, let me send you funny cards while you wait for results.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Welcome to malek988

I am an old lady who sort of knows what a vlog is, but barely. It will take me a while to catch up/catch on. Time always seems to be short when I dash to check on these boards for 5 minutes.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

HEY THERE JEN~~
    calny wrote: »
    Hi All-

"I have not been sleeping well and took for the first time a 1/2 of a sleeping pill (Dr. gave me an RX last November when I was going through a hard time but never used it). I think or know I have an incredibly slow to nonexistent metabolism. Any pill I take that has to kick in, takes me several hours to work and then lasts forever. It said to take one but thought I'd try 1/2. The jetlag has killed me and so I dont fall asleep till 3am and sleep till noon (Hawaii time) but trying to get back on a schedule as work starts on Monday. I took the pill at 11pm and was up till 2am when it finally kicked in- wound up feeling drugged till 11am again. Ugh.

Anyone else find they have this issue with pills? I really wonder if it is connected to my slow to nonexistent weight loss. My dentist also mentioned that she has to build in extra time when I get novicane because it takes about 30min for it to take effect and it also lasts forever."

I hope that you get over your jet lag soon. Traveling from west to east as in Hawaii to California is rough. If you are on the East Coast it's even worse.
    Where are you now?
    Please try some melatonin - had over the counter at drug stores and health food places.

In short, my advice is to take the sleeping pill on a fairly empty stomach. That way it can just get to work. If you take it with a snack, it will get temporarily lost in the food and not click in when it should. That might be your problem. Also, to help sleep don't eat anything sugary or pasta or carby in the evening. No alcohol. This stuff can get processed and then energize you when you want to go to sleep.

A glass of milk is good. Stomach will warm it up and help you sleep.

I am very familiar with Lunesta (generic is eszopiclone); I am somewhat familiar with Ambien.
    Lunesta comes in 3, 2, and 1 mg. Maybe you need a lower dose, if that's your med.
    If your "sleeping pill" is any of the benzodiazepines, say so. That's another matter. I am familiar with Valium, Xanax, and Klonopin.
    I suspect you are not taking Sonata, which is a great short-lived drug for getting back to sleep if you wake in the middle of the night or simply can't get to sleep but sleep well once you do fall asleep.

The Lunesta I take occasionally for STAYING asleep (one of its fortes) I will be taking it while we get the next show up on its feet when I come home late but must get up in the morning and go back to work; the benzos I know from occasional use for stressful medical situations not triggering my atrial fibrillation. That is less now since the heart treatment (ablation).

I definitely don't take any of this stuff regularly because who wants to? and......these drugs can cause "night eating"!!! Yep, I get up in the morning and find Ritz crumbs, a butter knife, and an empty jam jar!!

Sorry to go on so long, but as Sara and I both know: Sleep is important, very valuable, and not always easy to come by.

Sorry this was so long.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oy!
    That post I just made didn't style the way I had thought it would.

My response to Jen's quote about trouble sleeping is all mashed up with hers.

Sorry!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - email me your mailing address, let me send you funny cards while you wait for results.

Sara
    You are so sweet to think of that!

Let me dig up your email address and I will write to you.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Jen - quick note (at work) - I have been using aroma therapy to help me sleep. I decided to use essential oils. You live in a metropolitan area ask where Natural Food stores are as they usually carry essential oils. Use just like perfume so the price looks expensive but the little bottle last for a couple months at least and little side effects.
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

Yes, another bad night. I have to check the bottle - ok its called Desryl or Trazadone. I only took half and then last night I had the other half- I also had it with a vanilla shake and a double double from In-n-Out. Im batting 1000, arent I?

Lana, thanks for the tip- yep I guess that was the opposite of an empty stomach and as well as probably 500 points! I think it's a mix of having so much to do/on my mind- I try to sleep and then think, oh let me just unpack one more box or I need to buy such and such and I get up and make a list. So I was up till 5am and forced myself to wake up by 9:30 in hopes that I can get back on a schedule.

Sara- will for sure check out the essential oils! I'm desperate.

Anyone know where Liz, Mimzy and Chamie are???

I took a peak over at the boards and its a ghost town- really a shame. I do like this format though. So since I am doing the meetings, I had to cancel the online and I lost all my "stats" - I guess that's OK since they were not that impressive anyway : ) Same weight as March-

AOTD: keeping the bar low- just getting through this week without going off the rails and getting my kitchen set up so I can actually cook/prepare meals.

On a side note, I bought a barbq grill. I think I mentioned I bought the electric one. They took it back and I got the same type but in gas. The positive (trying to keep it positive) is I am already familiar with how to assemble.

Sara- recycling question. Im reading in my town that any shredded paper (mail etc) needs to be placed in a brown paper bag. Do you do that?

Well- stay cool everyone!
    Jen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Jen, Liz, Mimzy and Chamie have all checked in here, ASalner is Mimzy on this board. Liz and Chamie will come by when they can.

We have garbage bins that are designated for all recycles. Not heard about putting loose recycle paper in brown bags, but may be a local ordinance.

As I was going to whine, I decided to check how hot 108 = perfect reason to whine.

Stay cool out there.
  • calny
    Options
    I just noticed there are "like" and "awesome" buttons at the bottom. That's so.... well "awesome" : )
  • lll109
    lll109 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Where did everyone go? I am a serial WW and MFP offender. Think MFP is too nice and ignores me after I ignore it too long. It needs to get pushier. Any suggestions on how to make it less passive? Hate to go back to WW and start paying again but it has worked two times before.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. I have to fast for bloodwork, and I am glad I can drink water as it never cooled down last night and I have "cotton" for a mouth.

One nice thing is I can sleep in longer as I dont have to make breakfast.....

Doing okay with the water - just too hot not to.

Will stop by after my errands are done.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm goin to be MIA for a bit. Technical difficulties. Be back soon as I can. Take care all. See ya soon
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - see you when things get better! Will miss you~~

Good morning Sara. Thank you for getting us going this morning.

Jen - I'm surprised that you were given Trazadone. My DH (not home right now) is familiar with that, but I am surprised that that is what the doctor gave you. My take on it is that it is more of an anti-depressant having a sedative quality. Hmm.
    It comes in doses from 50 to 300 milligrams per pill. And I would have thought that it is a drug that one would take regularly on a daily basis, not as needed.
    Please know I am no expert. Just wanting you to have some sleep.
    The older I get, the more I stop and ponder and question why doctors do what they do instead of blindly following their recommendations as my "old-country" parents did.

I like Sara's idea of aromatherapy. I think you might try setting a slow-down schedule for your evening. All activity stops around 7, lets say, then you relax and do something nice for yourself - hot bath or shower. Read a real book - no TV or smartphone with their lights shining into your brain. Chill down, which isn't easy, so that you can slide into sleep.

Imagine that there is a nice box with a lid sitting on a chair at the end of your bed. Whenever a worry or a thought comes to mind while you are trying to fall asleep, just put it in the box. It will wait there until tomorrow when you can deal with it. Put all you thoughts into the box.
    Imagine drawing and painting some nice abstract paintings you might like to make or have on your wall.....
    Hugs to you.

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana
    NYC
    Hot here

245.6 / 219.0 / 175
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Waiting a bit before I go and sit in waiting room.......

Jen - look into Lavender (there is English, French and Spanish) essential oils. Most places that have essential oils sell it. Some places have sleep blends (I just got one on Amazon) nice to be able to smell before you buy, I got lucky and the one on Amazon was alright. Vanilla extract is also relaxing - so in a pinch - wear it (drinking it doesnt work)..... Lana has some excellent ideas B) already posted.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Weather update, anywhere from 105 and up and they are predicting we break the 108 record. What joy.

Bring on the water!!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday. It means a day full of meetings and not much actual work getting done. My NSV from yesterday was eating my bacon cheeseburger without a bun and getting 2 miles on the treadmill again. Didn't get my arms and abs done, and ate a few too many bites of strawberry licorice as I wrote a 5 page paper for my class.

Meeting some former coworkers for appetizers after work, so trying to keep everything else light today. Feeling like I'm getting on good roll again for the week and worrying about how I can stay on track when we are camping for 4 days beginning Sunday afternoon.
  • calny
    Options
    Morning All-

Lana- I actually read up on Tranzadone after I posted. I went to the dr. in November having had a real rough year (mom passed away, dad dementia, work awful, me living in a new area etc etc). I belong to Kaiser and not really happy with them, I find they are big with Rx's. He prescribed that and Xanax. I took both bottles home and never opened the Tranzadone. I used the Xanax sparingly. I read that it makes you forgetful etc and I did not want to be dealing with more of a mess at work because of memory issues. I did take it probably about 20x since November. So in 8 month I would say maybe 2-3x a month if that. I read that it causes drowsyness and good for sleep so I was wondering why he would have prescribed two sleep type of aids. Then I read up on Tranzadone and it freaked me out because I was expecting to see something like an Ambien type of description. When I spoke to my dr in November he knew I was going through a rough patch but I would have thought that if he was going to prescribe something like that, he would have me monitored or explain what it was for. Interestingly, there are only 20 pills but 90 of the Xanax.

I am going to follow Sara's suggestion and go look for lavender.

So WW has messed me up completely. They cut off the online account but never activated the meetings to bring up the online access. Ugh.

i did see a photo of Oprah and she looks great. Guess its working for her. I've been so busy and not eating right- but also not eating much at all. Yesterday I had tomato and mozzarella salad (Im still cleaning the oven- the owner really did not clean anything and its quite dirty) and an iced mocha. What is strange, my stomach seems totally bloated.

Mimzy- enjoy camping! and good for you on the run!!!

Lana- stay cool!!!

Sara- 108??? Are you near the fires down south? I keep forgetting the area you are in.