Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

Sara- how are you using myfitness? I just bookmark this thread and come to it, I haven't looked at any features.

Lana- I know the street your sister lives on. Yes, if you come out here we should all see each other! Hope you have a great day. If Aetna works out and you are at MSK, I can find the name of the Dr my friend used. I can't say enough good things about the facility. My mom's care was fantastic.

Geri- Welcome!

AOTD: I just finished getting the kitchen set up so my goal is to get groceries purchased and healthy choices of them. I also would like to start walking this week. I had a loop that I did when I lived here and hope to pick that back up. I have been back 10 days and don't want to put off the exercise part.

Have a great day everyone!
    Jen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    gertrij -I know I was typing in the dark, but gee whiz...... sorry about that.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Jen - please send doctor's name and whether doctor is oncologist or surgeon. I seem to be swimming in oncologist names but don't yet have surgeons or plastic surgeons.

I have a feeling though that MSK is going to process me as they see fit/best given all of the schedules of all of the doctors. My sister mentioned that too--they will assemble and coordinate a team for the surgeries, and then we keep rolling after that. Since I don't know to ask for any one person in particular, it really just won't matter. I will be glad to be there.

The next move is waiting to hear from the insurance department of MSK to make sure that everything is in order and that everything will be covered.

And darn it ladies, I could not have put worse stuff in my mouth today. Confession: 1/2 bagel w peanut butter, whole milk; kielbasa (gah!); 6 big pieces of dark chocolate I found in a bottom drawer! and then a healthy salad.

Tomorrow will be better.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options

And darn it ladies, I could not have put worse stuff in my mouth today. Confession: 1/2 bagel w peanut butter, whole milk; kielbasa (gah!); 6 big pieces of dark chocolate I found in a bottom drawer! and then a healthy salad

Okay, that is not the worst I have seen / done so dont flog yourself too much.

Tired, luckily it was not over 100 today, but had a lot on my plate at work. The lady I am teaching to crochet loved the yarn bowl, so that was a good present. I will go to Amazon and get a lotion that is similar to chap stick in that it is in a "cake" (think a cake of soap) and it doesnt get on the fabric/yarn etc. Lemon/Basil and Ginger sound fun to try (I will buy 2)

Jen - if you can get to WW meetings then best to stick with WW as that is its best feature. I cannot and so I quit WW and track online here on this website.

Lana - when does the medical tornado start? Take a notebook /binder in a bag to keep everything in one place.

I have a feeling sleep will find me early, so if I dont stop by before lights out, I wish everyone a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I don't know when tornado starts. I made the first call today; they will process and get in touch with me.

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay Lana -why am I hearing plural in your earlier note today?? Did you hear about the other test? I was walking Miss Tillie when I realized you were writing in plural.

Will read for awhile and if you hear snoring, dont be too surprised.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Another cool morning here. Very appreciated after last week.

Fell asleep early and just decided to go to bed early. Meant pit stops in the middle of the night for me and dog, but oh well.

Hair mask doesnt reek of Eucalyptus which is nice, it is an ingredient, and it makes my eyes water, but so far so good.

Oatmeal is ready and I need to scoot. Will lurk from work.

Wishing all a great Monday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Short dog walk this morning. I am in Miss Tillie's dog house, she hates her flea meds, but have them she must.... she ran away from me and is hiding under my feet.

Lana - I know a lady from WW we all knit but she works at NY Presbyterian?? Never know.

Looking for very strong tea this morning.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Tuesday late morning....

Hi Sara~~
    I have the results from both sides. I was confused at first because my gyno was confused. She was a bit flustered on the phone and she didn't realize that she actually had both results because she just assumed I had cancer in only one breast....

I have invasive ductal carcinoma in the left breast and (not invasive) ductal carcinoma in situ in the right breast.

I have annual screenings every year! It is stunning that I have it now on both sides. Ultrasound found it! Neither of the areas can be felt by the human hand, but I have dense breasts so only a big round lump would be felt. One side is an "area" and the other side is a zillion little bits. Weird. But that's the hand dealt. I have decided I want to go with Memorial Sloan Kettering, which is different than NY Presbyterian. I am waiting to hear back from MSK for when I have my first appointment/consult/whatever.

Meanwhile, work at the theater is going along with all the usual difficulties and annoyances. I hate it today; so many little unnecessary problems and broken things.

I gained a ton of weight in the past two days: scale was over 223 this morning after a 218 on Sunday! No more salty garbage to eat. I have to go grocery shopping after work today for healthy things!! It's been hard.

Thanks for listening~~

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Today is Monday part 2 - hate it when I have 2 Mondays in a row.

Sending good thoughts Lana - glad they found it before it could be 'felt'.

At work, need to crawl back under rock. More later.
  • calny
    Options
    Morning All-

Lana- I think the surgeon was Gemignani, McCarthy did her reconstruction and Brennan was radiologist. I believe they are all females as well which made her feel more comfortable. The other thing you should check out a bit later on (when you are looking for a little escape). Check out Mary's Place. It's located in Ocean NJ. I took my mom out there for the day. It is a retreat house for women. You can go for the day or overnight and basically you can just be treated nice and with care - get a little TLC. My mom had a nice lunch and the "house mother/innkeeper" is a woman who is a breast cancer survivor. It's completely run by volunteers. Someone came in to make a nice lunch and sit and talked with her. Ladies from a local senior center crochet blankets so she was gifted with a lovely blanket when we arrived. Then she had a massage (once again all done by volunteers). The massage was a special massage as they need to know how to massage when being treated with chemo/radiation (i gather there is a different way/direction) to do the strokes. She then had a nice rest and then had some Reiki session by another volunteer. We later went down (it's not even a block away) to the beach. As this is all run on donations/volunteers, it's only for the person being treated. I was able to hang out in the living room but the treatments are for the person. It's just a lovely get away. https://www.marysplacebythesea.org/

Sara- glad you got some cooler weather. I got down to Half Moon Bay yesterday and saw some whales. It was a great end of my first day of work!

At a conference right now- really have not had much of an appetite. Kind of weird, all I had yesterday was a skinny latte and an egg scramble wrap for lunch, the rest of the day I had such indigestion. I felt terrible and was completely bloated. I didnt want to eat dinner but I thought it might help to get something in my stomach so I had a salad. I don't seem to have an appetite lately- maybe because I just have had so much to do. Not sure what the indigestion is from. Maybe stress -

Well have to get back to my conference- have a great day-
    Jen

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara!
    Today is Monday part 2 - hate it when I have 2 Mondays in a row!

That is exactly it – you hit the nail on the head – today is Monday Part 2.
    All the things that were broken in the morning are still broken in the afternoon.

Jen, thank you for all of the good ideas and names of doctors
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    I can't figure out how to use the quote feature

Sorry
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - quote figure is nice feature, still working on the quickest way to use it myself.

Purchased crochet items for beginner crocheter at work, carrying case for crochet hooks, craft scissors, needles to sew in yarn - things I have either been given or wish I had myself or have to replace lost items - so I bought for her and myself.

Mary's place sounds like something to look into, Lana - what a nice idea.

Will be on lounge chair soon - snaps fingers to get Cboys attention. Drinks and foot massages please....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Got message for ultrasound Friday (I had to confirm apt by pressing 1) that I have to take another set of clothing with me- so I wrote down the # to find out why. Puts some interesting images in my mind that need to be dealt with.

Lana - thinking of you.

Went to Amazon and bought crochet things /knitting things for coworker that I wished I had always had and/or need to replace and a biography of James Monroe, the last of the founding fathers I have not read about.

Hoping Hump Day will be an improvement on the week.......

Make it your best day.
  • calny
    Options
    Morning - Yeah hump day!

Need to go grocery shopping- just not eating much or well. But at least its not much.

Went to see Woody Allen movie- Cafe Society- it was good. Nice way to end the day-

I'll be back-
    Jen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Wonderful coworker brought in homemade cookies, tracked and moving on. Such a kind act is not a "not on my diet" moment. <3
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Coworker offered me one of her cookies as I always give her chocolate, so a special gift- not a plate for everyone.
  • umiquet
    umiquet Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So glad there is a discussion on this! I am coming back after another failed attempt a few months ago and I am just DONE! Ready to stick to it this time and glad too see there is a group here exactly for this!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Welcome Umiquet

The key to this group Serial Starters is not that we stand on the soapbox every day and bang the drum

I think our greatest success is that those of us who come here and post regularly have someplace comfortable to come day after day year after year to stay connected to our weight loss intentions regardless of whether or not at any given time we are able to actually stay on program and lose weight like a glossy advertisement.

Life may get hard for us at times, but we just stay within sight of land if not actually on the beach for our weight-loss journey. (see palm tree)

Lana