Replies

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Kettlebells Providence to end of rd 10 done

ten rounds with the kettlebells sounds like serious work!

Providence is 2min on per round and 1min off between rounds. Different exercise each rd. Its not like 10 circuit style rounds or 10 rds of the same exercise. Normal is 14 rounds or 15 if you do the bonus so 10 is cutting out pretty early...stupid conference calls. :)
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just a leisure 60 mins ride today. Crossing the border to China for a ride tomorrow!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Chest + Shoulders + Tris & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Kettlebells Providence to end of rd 10 done

ten rounds with the kettlebells sounds like serious work!

Providence is 2min on per round and 1min off between rounds. Different exercise each rd. Its not like 10 circuit style rounds or 10 rds of the same exercise. Normal is 14 rounds or 15 if you do the bonus so 10 is cutting out pretty early...stupid conference calls. :)

Hate it when work gets in the way of our real priorities...
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yoga done
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Not much paddling this week - between feeling crappy (fighting off a bug) and choppy water already from the pending storm, haven't gotten out since my race on Sunday.

Today was some preps for the likely TS winds we'll get on the west coast from the Hurricane traveling up the east coast tonight/tomorrow. It's very serious - already a Cat 4 with winds of 140mph (which means only 17 more mph to make it a Cat 5). Staying glued to my long time favorite storm tracking site - http://www.spaghettimodels.com/ . This is going to lead to some massive devastation on the East Coast of FL - can't believe how many are ignoring the warnings and resisting evacuation. Cat 2 hurricanes a decade ago destroyed that area, and this is going to be way worse. Rest of us are just waiting to see what route it actually takes. Lots of waiting and praying today. Might have to go for a walk before I'm cooped up inside for another day.
  • Guitarman1994
    Guitarman1994 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    41 years young here! We definitely are the Kool kids!!
  • Tr4pQueen
    Tr4pQueen Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    *high fives* guitarman...me too!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    STS Legs done! no fun walking in heels all day, on leg day!
  • RehmeldR
    RehmeldR Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49. I need to loose about 40-45 pnds. Ugh. I am trying to be fit by fifty!
    I like this fitness pal app..
    Ideas on building metabolism in our age group? or where do I begin? Healthy eating plans out there to follow? Beginners exercise plans? That proves awesome success?
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Not much paddling this week - between feeling crappy (fighting off a bug) and choppy water already from the pending storm, haven't gotten out since my race on Sunday.

Today was some preps for the likely TS winds we'll get on the west coast from the Hurricane traveling up the east coast tonight/tomorrow. It's very serious - already a Cat 4 with winds of 140mph (which means only 17 more mph to make it a Cat 5). Staying glued to my long time favorite storm tracking site - http://www.spaghettimodels.com/ . This is going to lead to some massive devastation on the East Coast of FL - can't believe how many are ignoring the warnings and resisting evacuation. Cat 2 hurricanes a decade ago destroyed that area, and this is going to be way worse. Rest of us are just waiting to see what route it actually takes. Lots of waiting and praying today. Might have to go for a walk before I'm cooped up inside for another day.

Take care and stay safe.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49. I need to loose about 40-45 pnds. Ugh. I am trying to be fit by fifty!
    I like this fitness pal app..
    Ideas on building metabolism in our age group? or where do I begin? Healthy eating plans out there to follow? Beginners exercise plans? That proves awesome success?

Start slow.
    Meal prep & pre-log (you can see if you need to make adjustments to food and/or for macros).
    Drink 1/2 your weight in water, in ounces each day.
    Moderate activity three tines a week (just to start).
    Be gentle with yourself.

Good luck.
  • RehmeldR
    RehmeldR Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Day off... sigh......
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Thanks @agbmom556 ! I'm hunkered down until probably Saturday. It's all good where I am - just rain bands right now. Will get more blustery tomorrow morning until mid-day. Watching some news out of Orlando and it's starting to get pretty scary on the east coast.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!