New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Also these have made the long awaited return. They will light your fire for you, but I love them so much..
    ghost.png

These have been in our Walmart stores for quite a while, but now I am starting to see them at Food Lion and Teeter. We bought them a couple of times, hoping to love then, but as someone who LOVES heat, I have to admit, they were too much for me. :( I can nibble on one chip for 30 minutes...they are too hot to be pleasurable to eat. BF is the same, and he likes heat even more than I do. My son, however, adores these things. I'll be buying him a couple of bags for Halloween. :p

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    ybmqbqqo3ekk.png
    k2scoji9dzhc.png
    I have had the jalapeno lime a times and its amazing. Just got the nacho chipotle and its equally as great! love their chips.

I have tried both of these, and I thought they were rather bland. Guess I like more flavor than most. If something says "jalapeno" on it, it better make me taste the flavor AND the heat. These don't do much of either.

yea they for sure are not spicy... They don't have 10 billion ingredients like doritos so for me I love them.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    So, I completed my mission of trying all the new halo top flavors having polished off a pint of chocolate almond crunch, and smore's this weekend.

The chocolate almond crunch had a very strong amaretto flavor; something I was NOT expecting and not a huge fan of. The ratio of almonds to ice cream was delightful, but I would have been happier if it was a traditional chocolate base with almonds. I get they want to be innovative with flavors, but amaretto is such a strong and tricky flavor to work with...it was a no go for me.

The smores flavor was great! I cant quite put my finger on it, but I didn't think it tasted like a traditional smore's. It was still delicious, and tasted close to a smore...but again, some element of flavor was missing for me. The chunks of graham and chocolate were total yumville.

So, a ranking of the new halo top flavors, my favorite to least:

1) Peanut Butter Cup
    2) Red Velvet
    3) Salted Caramel
    4) Chocolate Cookie Dough
    5) Oatmeal Cookie
    6) Black Cherry
    7) Smores
    8) Pistachio
    9) Cookie and Cream
    10) Chocolate Almond Crunch

Thankful I bought 2 of each seeing as how everyplace is out of them now! Hopefully Halo Top will increase production so I don't feel I have to hoard these :(

Whoa, cookies & cream is so low on the list? I'm making my way through a pint of it and I think it's completely on point to what it should taste like.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    So, I completed my mission of trying all the new halo top flavors having polished off a pint of chocolate almond crunch, and smore's this weekend.

The chocolate almond crunch had a very strong amaretto flavor; something I was NOT expecting and not a huge fan of. The ratio of almonds to ice cream was delightful, but I would have been happier if it was a traditional chocolate base with almonds. I get they want to be innovative with flavors, but amaretto is such a strong and tricky flavor to work with...it was a no go for me.

The smores flavor was great! I cant quite put my finger on it, but I didn't think it tasted like a traditional smore's. It was still delicious, and tasted close to a smore...but again, some element of flavor was missing for me. The chunks of graham and chocolate were total yumville.

1) Peanut Butter Cup
    2) Red Velvet
    3) Salted Caramel
    5) Oatmeal Cookie
    6) Black Cherry
    7) Smores
    8) Pistachio
    9) Cookie and Cream

Thankful I bought 2 of each seeing as how everyplace is out of them now! Hopefully Halo Top will increase production so I don't feel I have to hoard these :(

Whoa, cookies & cream is so low on the list? I'm making my way through a pint of it and I think it's completely on point to what it should taste like.

I wasn't a fan of this one either. Has a rather artificial aftertaste and the cookies and cream flavor is a bit washed out imo

Are you guys eating the whole pint at once or something? I eat a few tablespoons while I'm doing an exercise dvd at home (I pretty much just walk/jog back and forth in my apartment to the music) and then stick it back in the freezer so maybe that's it. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

1) Peanut Butter Cup
    2) Red Velvet
    3) Salted Caramel
    5) Oatmeal Cookie
    6) Black Cherry
    7) Smores
    8) Pistachio
    9) Cookie and Cream

I wasn't a fan of this one either. Has a rather artificial aftertaste and the cookies and cream flavor is a bit washed out imo

Are you guys eating the whole pint at once or something? I eat a few tablespoons while I'm doing an exercise dvd at home (I pretty much just walk/jog back and forth in my apartment to the music) and then stick it back in the freezer so maybe that's it. :)

Totally.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Peppermint Treats!

30420523221_4ff98f34eb_z.jpg?resize=640%2C418&ssl=1

30158307550_cc31665e55_z.jpg?resize=480%2C640&ssl=1

Today at Giant I bought two of these bars

main_2126218018.jpg

For those that tried the bar last year what did you think of it?

Will have to be on the lookout for this flavor!

30341689802_750655b21d_z.jpg?resize=480%2C640&ssl=1
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Treats!

main_2126218018.jpg

I would probably lose all self control with this ice cream, unfortunately.

Gosh I've been horrible at moderation lately!
  • fishshark
    Options
    Peppermint Treats!

main_2126218018.jpg

yesssssss so happy for christmasy flavors!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's up with me and mint, but I'm pretty averse to everything I've seen about it recently.

For the crackers, is it just a different color of sprinkles?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Also these have made the long awaited return. They will light your fire for you, but I love them so much..
    ghost.png

These have been in our Walmart stores for quite a while, but now I am starting to see them at Food Lion and Teeter. We bought them a couple of times, hoping to love then, but as someone who LOVES heat, I have to admit, they were too much for me. :( I can nibble on one chip for 30 minutes...they are too hot to be pleasurable to eat. BF is the same, and he likes heat even more than I do. My son, however, adores these things. I'll be buying him a couple of bags for Halloween. :p

Have to agree, if someone picks these up thinking they're going to be mild, they're in for a shock! I can't eat a lot of them at once, but I love the flavor. The nacho cheese ones are really good, too!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @fishshark I LOVE the clif bar holiday flavors. I love the gingerbread and hot cocoa. Not a big fan of the regular flavor bars but I love the holiday flavors. Gingerbread is my favorite, I like to warm it in the mic for a few seconds, delicious!
  • fishshark
    Options
    @fishshark I LOVE the clif bar holiday flavors. I love the gingerbread and hot cocoa. Not a big fan of the regular flavor bars but I love the holiday flavors. Gingerbread is my favorite, I like to warm it in the mic for a few seconds, delicious!

ooohhh man thanks for this i LOVE gingerbread. officially gonna be hunt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I don't know what's up with me and mint, but I'm pretty averse to everything I've seen about it recently.

For the crackers, is it just a different color of sprinkles?

I'm thinking it's just a different coloring of sprinkles.

I'll have to buy more of the Gingerbread bar because it's d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! Definitely one of the best bars I've ever tasted.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Do the gingerbread bars have as much spice as the Cheerios?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Peppermint Treats!

main_2126218018.jpg

This and the pumpkin spice were gross. I tried them last year and a huge fail.

Have to agree. I wasn't much of a fan either.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Treats!

main_2126218018.jpg

I guess it's a you love it or you hate it type thing. I didn't like the pumpkin because it had too much "spice" for me. I loved the hot cocoa and gingerbread though but maybe it is too much spice for many people.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Haha, QuestLabs sent an email about reducing the price of the Beyond Cereal Bars

I guess enough people complained about the prices.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Peppermint Treats!

main_2126218018.jpg

I guess it's a you love it or you hate it type thing. I didn't like the pumpkin because it had too much "spice" for me. I loved the hot cocoa and gingerbread though but maybe it is too much spice for many people.

I love ginger products!

I wish Aldis made a similar granola cereal

th?id=OIP.Mb88b5213ba2531f904d8567f116cb110o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300