• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

RIP, Moose.

Indeed. He's definitely in a better place now. :heart:
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aaah yes, the good old night shift thread.

Or as I like to call it, the 'I live in Australia and the rest of the world is asleep' thread. :D
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    Man I was sore after my training ride on the bike today. I had to ride my bike to work tonight just to loosen my legs up.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I thought there's a vaccination for Parvovirus.... Am I mistaken? Doesn't sound like a reputable breeder that's for sure.
    Hoping things go well for your mom Bex. Is she going to get a fecal transplant to properly get rid of the C. difficile?
    Sad for all who knew Moose. :(
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My legs are super sore after adding weights back into the rotation. I ran today, supposed to lift tomorrow. I think sitting in my car for my entire shift is contributing to the leg pain somehow.
    On another note: the only wildlife I've encountered this week so far has been a fluffy bunny, but I have heard some suspicious rustling from time to time. My guess is mountain lions!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Crossing my fingers you get to see cougars! Way awesome! If your car seat isn't set up properly it can give you cramping in your legs or pinching your nerves that run thru the SI joint especially your right leg as you move it from gas to brake repeatedly. Or maybe you just have delayed muscle soreness ;)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha, oh yeah it's DOMS for sure, I'm just wondering if I'm making it worse somehow. But it has been a few months since I've lifted, so I could just be that sore!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just sitting for long times, especially when you've been lifting weights can cause cramps and soreness. Maybe you'll have to get up and walk around the car a few times during your shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I thought there's a vaccination for Parvovirus.... Am I mistaken? Doesn't sound like a reputable breeder that's for sure.

There is a vaccine. It needs to be given in a series of three shots to start out but age is important for the first shot. She gave the vaccine when the pups were too young. There is a window of being unprotected when after the first vaccine, you tie up the mothers antibody they got in the colostrum the first time they nursed, yet you haven't got a fully competent immune system yet. The younger you vaccinate, the more of the mothers antibody you tie up and the less competent the immune system is so the more unprotected the puppy is. They shouldn't be vaccinated until 8 weeks if they got good colostrum, 5 weeks if they got no colostrum. She vaccinated too young for the amount of colostrum they got. She just wanted to get the puppies out the door.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's snowing again. :smile: I'm getting excited for XC skiing again. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, that was short lived. If I knew it was only going to have a trace of snow, I would have ridden my bike to work.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It was like 75° here today. I love it, but I hate that all the trees are budding out early, because the flowers usually get killed when it gets cold again.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That really bites if you have fruit trees. Once the blossoms start, you have to keep them going. I see orchards lighting fires and pushing fans to try to rescue blossoms. Fortunately for us, it's never gotten that warm here.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    It's been -7C here at night but sunny and 5C during the day so lots of melting and sublimation - dirt month has started dammit. Too deep for proper hiking in the mountains and yet the snow is too crusty for nice snowshoeing or xc skiing.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Omg I hate not sleeping
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That really bites if you have fruit trees. Once the blossoms start, you have to keep them going. I see orchards lighting fires and pushing fans to try to rescue blossoms. Fortunately for us, it's never gotten that warm here.

It really does bite. We've had orchards in this area go out of business because that happened several years in a row.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @Xvapor you've at least come to the right thread lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Xvapor - I hate with that happens. I don't care what anyone says, there is no quick safe solution either.

Saw the weather out in the mid west states this morning. Looks pretty nasty. I'll keep our version of nasty weather thank you. I feel for you guys getting plastered by the wet nasty snow.
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You can use BBCode in your post.
    Cancel
    February 24, 2017 5:42AM Flag Quote ·