Cottage cheese??

Options
123457»

Replies

• Anotherone8
    Anotherone8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kalona 4% Cottage Cheese is the BEST. I’ve only found it at Whole Foods. I like mine with a little seasoning salt and plenty of ground pepper. I eat it by itself or on a few saltines.
  • ckozbial
    ckozbial Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese instead of mayo when I make egg salad ( mix with mashed egg) tuna or salmon salad (use blender to purée with some lemon and a bit of yougurt). I never liked cottage cheese, but in the past year I've grown to love it and it's a staple in my house now. Google healthy recipes that use cottage cheese, it'll surprise you what comes up.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    ^^love it with kimch!

I am trying this one!
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with sriracha or Tabasco sauce! Mm. Otherwise, I mix it with fruit - fresh, canned, or frozen (just let it sit overnight and thaw in time for lunch the next day). If I don't have many calories left, I'll just drizzle some honey on top for a sweet treat.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I typically add hot sauce...or just plain. But I've been watching sodium intake...and it's kinda high in sodium.
  • BBritt26
    BBritt26 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese and pineapple chunks are so good!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with chunks of avocado in it, in a lasagna recipe in a pinch if you have no ricotta cheese, in a peach and cottage cheese salad on lettuce, or as a topping for potatoes if I'm out of sour cream.
  • Geriann47
    Geriann47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only eat the small curd variety, smoother texture than the large curd. Also different brands taste different, like I Deans. Great with fruit or just some black pepper. Also low fat is okay but the non-fat type not as tasty.
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I mix a tablespoon of sweetener of choice, vanilla & cinnamon with about a 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. I top a slice of toasted bread, and then broil the cottage cheese "toast" until the top is bubbly. I then top with crushed pineapple. This is a recipe that I frequently ate during my WW days.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I mix a tablespoon of sweetener of choice, vanilla & cinnamon with about a 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. I top a slice of toasted bread, and then broil the cottage cheese "toast" until the top is bubbly. I then top with crushed pineapple. This is a recipe that I frequently ate during my WW days.

I love that one, too. Only good thing I took away from WW.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I hated cottage cheese for 50 years, then I gave it another chance. Now I eat it every day, savory fave is mixed with zucchini cubes and a sprinkle of pistachios, or sweet, just stir in a little protein powder.
  • lynnaly1062
    lynnaly1062 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese and avocado on low carb toast with salt and pepper!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese and avocado on low carb toast with salt and pepper!

Yum.....I wish my avocados would rippen up for this easy idea!
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    U can eat it sweet or savory.
    My favorite sweet is to mix with:
    Apple butter
    Applesuace (homemade is best)
    Any jam
    Diced pineapple

My favorite savory:
    Mix with bleu or feta cheese, Add jarred roasted peppers, diced yellow pepper rings and capers
    And put on top of thomas 100 calorie English muffins and broil until top is brown and bubbly (less than 5 minutes)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The only people I know who eat cottage cheese are people who enjoy cottage cheese. I am not one of them. I get a protein, fat and calcium boost in the A.M. with French Vanilla Whole Milk Greek Yogurt. Yum. Cottage cheese is not on my list of foods I will willingly eat. May eat it if I'm starving and that's all that's available. Yes. I would still gag on it though. ha ha
  • CaraLanglois
    CaraLanglois Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love it with fruit (chopped pear or blueberries), cinnamon and a tbsp of chopped walnuts.