Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    ali3boys wrote: »
    Well, I'm defiantly in this time. ;) I've been in and out for a few months now. Nothing came together for me. I always ended up doing the same thing week after week. Now I'm participating in lent; and one of the things I've chosen to do was not drink. It's been SO AWESOME so far. I'm really surprised how well it's going. I was a little afraid I have to admit if I could actually do it. I'm not sure if it's going to continue so easy; but I have to admit it's a real eye opener for me. I'm really hoping that once lent is over I'm going to have a path on how to handle the future with alcohol wherever it may be. Right now it's easy to tell my friends I'm not drinking, but once lent is over I'm not sure if it's going to be so easy. Hopefully reading all your post, something will come together for me :-)

I'm happy you're doing so awesome! Perfect time to quit during Lent. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    zenetanar wrote: »
    I moved to Germany in September and the beer and wine are so good... and so cheap... so it's so hard not to overindulge. (Chocolate too, but I've done better with that one since January.) I still want to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner, and the occasional beer, but I need to stop drinking half the bottle between when I get home and when I go to sleep! Or pouring myself a half litre of beer as soon as I walk in the door, and then sipping wine later on.

I love Germany. Beautiful country. And the food is yummy! My favorite is Wienerschnitzel.
    Think of an alternative for when you walk in the door. Like put on the tea kettle. Or come in through another door... Just brainstorming:) Anything to change the pattern.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

I read this article twice. Very good. I liked when she said she realized she sucked at drinking!
    The author said drinking with people was her hobby. I was like that, too. I used to visit a neighbor, mostly, because I knew she would offer me a glass of wine. And she and I would then polish off one or two bottles. Bad excuse to visit a friend, I know. But that's where my brain was last summer: How could I get a drink without pouring one myself. Made me feel less responsible for my actions.

I saw her at a Super Bowl party and told her I quit drinking. She said longingly "I wish I could. But my husband loves to drink."

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I keep seeing this thread pop up and just really debated on whether I should comment or not. I am actually a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for a year and a half. I wanted to say hello and also add that since I’ve gotten sober, the sky is the limit with my health and fitness goals. I’ve never felt and looked better. So I commend all of you! I for one know it’s not easy :smile:

Hello , I really like your username B) it says alot in a few words. Very positive! (= and encouraging.
    Now days u feel u have to b drunk to b sexy. But alot falls on your head if u arnt aware and sober and make sensible decisions.

I am very pleaded you came in to this thread you are an inspiration to us. thank u for your post.

• RubyRed427
    Options
    Hey there, I keep seeing this thread pop up and just really debated on whether I should comment or not. I am actually a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for a year and a half. I wanted to say hello and also add that since I’ve gotten sober, the sky is the limit with my health and fitness goals. I’ve never felt and looked better. So I commend all of you! I for one know it’s not easy :smile:

Thanks for commenting. So happy to hear from you! I am sure you feel amazing and you look beautiful, too. It's not easy, but your comments shows me that it is possible! xo