Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, alarm clock almost woke me up so I am running late.

Tomorrow off with many errands, have lists need for info on dog and her fasting-I go get blood drawn and get breakfast, she goes to Vet and then I get hair colored/cut - take myself out for lunch and my list is done. So with any luck after I pick up Miss T we will be napping in the afternoon.

Kathryn, they are offering treatment which means they have hope. Coworker was told that Dr would not operate on her heart because she would not survive the surgery. She lived another year and half. Sending good thoughts and one day at a time is the best anyone can do. Deep breathing when possible. Hope you found cake/ice cream.

Rain again and will rain through weekend? That is what they say.

Oatmeal is ready, paper is here and dog needs to do her "paper dance".

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Rained so hard walking to work that streets are flooded. I wore my mini- boots luckily as the puddles in the dark were impossible to miss. Soaked from knees down - have extra pair of socks in desk :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    knxlac3irg0h.png

hard to be professional when you show up looking like this - wet dog luckily a cute one.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My younger brother promised me no more funerals for a long long time. The doctors say great survival rate when caught early. That is what they said last time too and that was 5 years ago. Trying to keep positive but hard to do after everything with my older brother last year.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - huge hugs to you! Oh my gosh....I really thought last year was the end of your bad news... hope, with treatment, you will have many more years with your brother...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I decided to buy myself a nice tote bag to use for knitting/crocheting - lady at work sells them as an extra income - I qualify to buy a purse at 1/2 off which I will also take advantage of.

Sunny now - suburb where my doctors offices are had major flooding issues in the streets this afternoon. Hope the quiet of the evening clears things up.

I have a seriously busy day tomorrow - blood draw/ find food/ dog to vet / by the time I get to my hair apt at 9 most of my to do list is done. Hence the new tote bag.

Told lady at work she needs a fairy godmother - so I went online to see what was out there merchandise wise- any ideas?

Will eat before I go to bed and give little one a treat as well.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- what a day! Hope all goes well...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

No food for dog or me this morning. Also means more time to go back to sleep!! Will take knitting/ crocheting in case I need to wait.

Newspaper did not say how much rain we got yesterday - but 22 car crashes happened. Just glad I did not have to drive in it.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Ready to say *kitten* it and sit down with a half gallon of ice cream or cake or something. Just give up.

My younger brother just told me his lymphoma is back. There is a mass on the back of his head. Will be starting treatments again soon.

This year was supposed to be better than last year. :'(

Kathryn -
    Such terrible news. I cannot imagine what you are going through.
    Sending soothing vibes and big big hugs.

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

My boy is out of ICU... thank goodness... they are still trying to get insulin figured out... which, I know can be tricky, as that has been a big issue with Gpa.. couldn't get him regulated... hopefully, they will get it figured out and he can be home soon..

Dawn - So good to hear that your boy is out of ICU. Hoping they get his insulin figured out soonish. Hugs~~

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Morning All~~

Haven't been feeling well - in quite a funk the past few days, hoping to shake it off soon.

Sara - I hope your day goes well for you and Miss Tillie. Amazing about your rain situation.

Waving to Tess and Saltine and Missy and Dawn and Kathryn and Annie and anyone else who stops by later on.
    Ash, where are you? Maybe you are on some spring break? I likely missed a lot.

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sara - what kind of merchandise? like fairy godmother wands or the like? hope all doctor appointments went well.

Lana - sure hope you are able to shake off whatever funk is trying to getcha!

Dawn - has your boy been doing ok with new routine of shots, etc? or have you had a chance to find out?

Another round of 6-8" of snow to hit this weekend. Last time it was blizzard-like conditions in the morning, sun and melted snow by afternoon.

Only 2 of us in office today and neither with motivation...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - only the two of you in today? You could get into some serious goofing off, no? Online shopping, solitaire.....more online shopping......
    I sort of can believe that there's another storm coming your way. It IS still March. Hang in there~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Back after a little squirrely morning - dog at vet and is well enough to get teeth cleaned (anesthetized). I keep looking for her..... vacuum on to do list, only chance I get to do it well.

Korean beef and rice for lunch - huge on sodium, but how often do I have this? Doughnut day old from work also waiting.

Kathryn - I was thinking of items like coffee mugs etc, but havent found anything - perhaps it is the action of being Fairy Godmother that counts.

Lana - are there any anniversaries you are going through? Time to start some new traditions?

Considering I didnt do too much I have no desire to vacuum....maybe later.

Well Gonzaga is done for the year - so I will not bother with being as interested.

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dog has one tooth to remove, but it is her medicine bloodwork that is $$. I can pick her up in an hour, so nap for me first. We can always take a nap together later as well.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy Friday!!

Sorry I haven't been around much and am still trying to catch up on reading everyone's posts. Things have been crazy busy at work as I am filling in for someone who is on vacation...she comes back on Wed so hopefully things will get back to normal once she returns.

Well my March madness bracket was broken on day 2! I had Virginia to win :s instead of my usual picks (Duke or Syracuse or Texas) bad choice for me...lol Duke is my BF's favorite team & is a really great team but I usually pick an orange team to win & thought Virginia would be a good pick as they had a great season this year...so now I am conflicted because Duke plays Syracuse tonight...lol

Dietitian provided me 2 suggestions last Friday ...1 - I dial back on my workouts and burn a max of 1,000 calories per day and up my calorie intake to no lower than 1,300 cal. So as per her advice I did not do any workout in the mornings this week and only did my 6.5 km walk at lunch...I have come to the conclusion starting next week I will try her second suggestion 2 - If I continue to burn my regular 1,400 + calories I have to up my calorie intake to 14-1600 calories so my body has enough fuel for my (apparently) very active life (even though my 2 workouts are the only exercise I really get & I have a desk job so am on my butt the rest of the day...lol)

This week I have found I feel guilty not doing my morning workouts as they have become such routine and even though I enjoy sleeping in to 6 am I have felt kinda lost. I have not lost any weight but have gained and lost the same 2 lbs over the past 7 days...which is really frustrating. So we will see how next week goes!

Dawn~ I hope everything is okay with your ex's son & everything works out with your current BF's son.

Kathryn~ Blisters are gone now...but for how long...who knows...hahaha

Sara~ So sorry to see Gonzaga not make it further...I like them too.

Ash~ Keep up the great work with your walking & great ideas with teaching!

Lana~ I hope you are doing better as I haven't read all the posts yet. Just believe you are better off without him as you don't need someone in your life who doesn't want to be there. You will find someone who is worthy of you as from what I can tell you are an AMAZING woman!!! I am sorry you feel so sad & wish I could do or say something to help make you feel better but I don't know the whole story. ***BIG HUGS for you*** Stay Strong! <3

Also a quick welcome to any newcomers.

Waves to all who stop in.

Well I have to run & really hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dog is home - meds,meds and more meds. But they are thrilled at how good she is doing and she was 8.6 pounds so she can continue to get the treats I give her......

I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner "light bulb" - quiche. Very glad I started making that as it is a quick go to. Will put out some soft dog food for Miss T and let her eat as needed.

Tomorrow not as hectic, so that is nice we have a chance of rain tomorrow morning. Dog to groomer after my regular errands.

Saltine - glad your dietitian gave you options - too many of us sit at desks all day. Finding time to even walk is tough for a lot of people. Hope you find a choice that works long term.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Glad your day went well. So Miss Tillie had to have a tooth pulled? Poor dogs.
    You are right about anniversary coming up in June.

Waving to Kathryn ~~~

Saltine - Thank you for the kind words. Things are tough now because I am so extremely conflicted about what to do about/with DH/house (it's not just any house) marriage/divorce, etc, etc. Also thinking about calling psychiatrist on Monday to take him up on his suggestion/offer to up dose on anti-depressant. That might help get me out of the quicksand.

I looked at the staggeringly difficult jigsaw puzzle I was doing poorly with and said *kitten*-it, and pulled it apart and put it back in its box. 1500 pieces is just too too much for me to do alone without my brainy sister. LOL.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m still here! It’s been a crazy week. I’ll catch up more tomorrow. Girls are coming over tonight for games and treats. We went to the gym tonight. 4 nights for me this week!

Ok I’m off.

Much love!
    Ash