Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Hey Lana - what is all these appointments? You getting a NYC makeover? Yes, a CA makeover would be different.....

Sara, I clump all of my NYC doctors appointment into one or two weeks, so that I can then have peace and quiet for several weeks down in NC.

Most of the appointments are checkups with Sloan Kettering doctors or check-in with support groups; I added in an optional visit to the dermatologist. Also I had appointments with various entities having to do with my disability and insurance, blah, blah, blah. Next time around it'll be the dentist added on...... That's why I was appreciating your comment about lots of appointments being like gnats!

I totally understand about the stuff at your work: you spend time and energy on something, and then it gets cancelled or back-burnered.

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Wow...I had a really great story to share.. and, now, I have another story that is breaking my heart...

My Ex's son, (the 1 that did community service at shelter), was life flighted to Columbia university hospital...I don't know exactly what happened, but it has to do with Diabetes...I had no idea he was Diabetic! He just turned 16, January 30th! His Aunt said, he'll be in ICU and hafta have an insulin pump forever...it's taking everything, not to jump in my car and go! But, as I'm not family, I know I won't be able to see him...I am going to keep in contact with his Aunt and see him as soon as they'll let me...WOW! I was not expecting that news, today...

My good news...I haven't shared, cuz I was afraid I would jinx it.. hopefully, this is not the case... last Friday, SO's son contacted him... he has not seen or talked to him in at least 8 years...the mom wouldn't allow... he wanted to see SO... so, we made an 1 1/2 hr drive to meet him, his mom and step Dad.. it went really well... kinda awkward but well...I think, it would be really good, if they were allowed to talk without the mom sitting right there... but, she doesn't want to give up that control just yet... we have plans to meet them again, tomorrow! And, they asked us to go to a rock show that the boy wants to go to... he loves rocks! I'm hoping, that this will continue and they will be able to form a good relationship..

Dawn - I so hope that things go well for Ex's son and his diabetes. Sending good vibes your way.

As for SO's son: How old is he? At what age does he get to do as he wishes, on his own?
    I read the part about the cancelling of the plans. Sometimes people cannot grow up--the adults there are still children--selfish, vindictive, little brats in adult bodies. Time will march on though, and son will be able to see father as he pleases. Not knowing son's age, it may take many years, but it will eventually happen that the son has the control of his life.

Lana

Thank you.. SO son will be 14 in September...I believe, that is age he can make his own decisions... however, the step dad "adopted" him...I say it that way, because SO did not sign rights over, so not adoption is legal... he has been trying to see his son for years, she strings him along... hopefully, the son will be curious enough that he will want to talk to his Dad and he will just make the decision to see him... hard to hope, as it keeps getting dashed.. but, trying to be hopeful...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers... my boy, Tres, is improving.. no pump yet, just shots.. still in ICU but may be moved, today... possibly home Monday if he continues to improve... goodness, what a day... and, of course, work has to be rough, today... always something..haha
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Okay just two words - salad shakers.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Okay just two words - salad shakers.

Seriously...we need a laughing icon...I'm dying
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love this group...salad shakers....

Dawn, hope Tres continues to recover, and SO is able to see his son. At least his son now knows his father wants to see him. Such unnecessary drama!

Lana, hope all your appointments went well. The C-boys will be extra kind to you.

Headed for a week’s vacation; will pop in when I can. It’s a winter beach vacation - chilly, but oh so soothing to watch the ocean.

Happy Friday all!

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

I got off easy today the other salad shaker had the day off. What did we do before shaking our salads - my piety cannot handle thinking I was eating NAKED salad all this timw....EEEW. Hot chocolate is mandatory tonight.

Highways over the Sierra Nevada are closed in our region of California- does not happen often that is how much snow is falling.

Auntie Mame is dvd for tonight.

Hope you have a great vacation Tess - if you spot any cboy candidates let us know.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Tess- thank you so much...it all is very unnecessary drama...I really hope, SO son seeks him out, soon...just a thought... but, he just might...

Sara - is this time of year normal for snow? Few years ago, we had snow May 1st... but, that's not common here.. typically, over end of March mid April at latest..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed.

Dawn - this is a late storm system of this size. I can only remember one other time when the highways were closed and that was 10 plus years ago. We need the water/snow so glad we have it. One year we had people skiing on the 4th of July weekend from a freak snow storm in May. But you are correct, most of the storms are done by April. Agriculture may take a hit.

Will get some chicken breasts and roast them with potatoes and carrots.

Trying for some more zzz. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~

Still only one eye open.....

I don't know about salad shakers.......will have to look that up.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - refer back to a post where I wanted to throttle someone for shaking their salads in their containers so that the salad dressing was completely distributed.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - refer back to a post where I wanted to throttle someone for shaking their salads in their containers so that the salad dressing was completely distributed.

Sara - Now I remember that. However, this morning, my brain decided that a salad shaker must be an item--some product--that a person owned that has to do with the shaking of one's salad. So I Googled, and there was a lot of images out there. Confusion was not helped.

Now I realize that what you mean when you say Salad Shakers, you mean the people who shake their salads. I have yet to encounter such a person. I guess I'm lucky. Funny stuff. And annoying I bet.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sad but sweet story...

One of our clients (human) passed away a couple weeks ago...I was reading his obituary, the list of those who passed before him and those who survived him..."Last but not least, his 3 wonderful cats, Rusty, Loogie, and Thomas D. Katt III"
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    After nice long walk with dog and nice long nap (with dog), dinner for Miss T is around the corner with mine not too far behind.

Dawn - sounds like the man who passed away was a good customer - someone who took care of his pets.

Reward for myself for going to all these appointments is being developed in my head. No determination as of yet.

Roasted chicken breasts with roasted red potatoes, carrots and parsnips on tap for tomorrow - if I have to I will use 2 cookie sheets.

Ash - see if you can watch David Suchet version of Poirot - You Tube? He is frustratingly right on the money playing the character.

Hope to be back before lights out.
  • arniedog74
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sara- dinner sounds yummy... client was very good person and loved his cats... our Tuesday lady was a neighbor and has found a home for the oldest... thankfully, as he has medical issues and needs daily meds...we have 1 that we are Boarding, with possible foster... unfortunately, she can not catch the 3rd one... afraid it either got out of house, or is locked inside the house... haven't heard any updates, recently.... hope she finds him and he is well...

My boy is out of ICU... thank goodness... they are still trying to get insulin figured out... which, I know can be tricky, as that has been a big issue with Gpa.. couldn't get him regulated... hopefully, they will get it figured out and he can be home soon..

Good movie= 6 Below: Miracle on the Mountain... true story
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed.

Groceries. Laundry. Cooking. Yup typical Sunday. Sun out will open window to warm up place. Clear and cold out this am. Next storm due Tuesday.

Dog is taking longer walks on weekend - more /new dog smells has her out in "adventure" mode - it is also not raining!! So longer walks we take when sun out.

BBL.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello, all.

I forgot my meds at home, so this morning has been dizzy/weepy for me. I’ve been talking to my mom, so that has been good. We’re really close. I ate pretty much whatever yesterday. Today won’t be much better. Still tracking though.

I’m sad I missed church with my family (part of the weepyness), but I’m glad I have a good place to relax. It’s supposed to rain this afternoon, so we will probably be heading home sooner than originally planned. *sad face* But, the sooner I get home to take my crazy pill, the better. The “zip zips” as my parents call it is not fun. I’m fine as long as I’m laying or sitting down. As soon as I stand up and move around, my head feel like it’s full of flies buzzing around.

I will have company tonight, so I may not get around to checking in again. I’m hope all is well. I’m still praying for you all.

Much love!
    -Ash
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Poop patrol update - saw maintenance man this morning and he meant to say days not weeks and expects to get result this coming week. He hopes the test comes back to the positive so they can attach it to a dog- otherwise someone has a dog not "registered". I ran into a young buck this morning and I waited for him to back out of his parking space - kitten had the nerve to roll down window and tell me snottily that I could have gone around and he didnt like the face I was making. Maintenance man knew who he was as does management. So I just hope to steer clear of that one.

Will read Ash's post...... Ash I have a coworker who needs a little extra 'upstairs help' she was in a car accident last week (not her fault someone was in a hurry and "bumped" into her twice) and the medical fall out from it is scary. I will use "M" to name her. If you can please ......

Hope your meds work when you finally get them. I will have to start taking meds again and be chained to them/their schedule.

Saw the paper - Gonzaga on to round 3. Good news.

Sun is out and hoping for a good walk with dog later, laundry done, dirty dishes are waiting. Oh the dish pan hands.......

NSV I took out my frustration at the neighbor/idiot-kitten by cleaning the burner pan on my stove and the area under my burner, well overdue and a great "before and after".

Pita Bread pizza for lunch.

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

3 chicken with roasted potato/carrot dinners, quiche is in oven while the oven cools off. That serves 6. I have a frozen lasagna and nourish bowl and Friday I know I will eat breakfast out after getting a fasting blood drawn. Found out the Bento Boxes at the International Store are good and I have enough "credits" to get one. So for the most part my meals are taken care of.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Any American Idol fans? I love these judges.... Luke Bryan and all his teeth... just adorable