Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning down 1.8 - dog wants longer walks so I have been letting her. 2 boxes of cookies are still not open. -That may change. Have not seen this "decade" for a couple of months, so it is nice to see.

QOTW: What will you be focusing on to stay on the "healthy path"?

AOTW: I have extra options for fruit/veg. Weather permitting I am walking breaks and staying positive.

Oatmeal is almost ready. Wave to all who follow. I know it is Monday - find something good in it.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Survived the IFWDA Convention. It was the largest in association history. Over 200 people and over 100 Jeeps/4x4 vehicles. Our club was hosting and worked our butts off to ensure there were doorprizes for every single person. DH & I also went out and bought toys for doorprizes for the kids who attended. I did a lot of the registration, set-up, hospitality room, worked Poker Run checkpoints, and was a runner for doorprizes. DH led a caravan of 38 vehicles down to an offroad park for a day of wheeling. Then came back to help with set-up, outside contests, and was a runner for doorprizes as well. It was a lot of work but felt great to be part of such a great host club. We all worked together with no drama or freakout moments. I would call it a great success!

Now, as club secretary, I have to do all the thank you notes to all the sponsors. Cant find any Jeep or 4x4 themed thank you notes locally and don't have time to order any online. So I will have to settle for whatever they have on the shelves here.

Will try to read posts and catch up on all I missed the past 4 days!

*waves to everyone who stops by*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    kathryn, people would be happy to get a thank you card regardless of what is on it.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Kathryn - glad it all went so well!

Waves to all,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Hello All~~

Sara - congrats on a super fabulous weigh in! How cool is that?

Waving to Tess and Ash and Dawn and Kathryn and anyone else who stops by later on.

I hugely don't feel well today. Very run down from a depressing 36-hours or so.

Maybe a nap with help?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - watch a movie and curl up in your favorite blanket. If you have a hot water bottle/heating pad use it as well.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - watch a movie and curl up in your favorite blanket. If you have a hot water bottle/heating pad use it as well.

Sara - the heating pad is a good idea. I'm just unsettled and cranky because life is just a little difficult right now; also I'm traveling down to NC for a month, and I have a lot of anxiety the day before and the day of travel days.
    I don't like to admit this, but I am still having a lot of trouble coping with DH leaving and moving out west. I was discussing with NYC therapist how this is actually worse than an death. There's no closure.

Just explaining so you guys know if I don't bounce back for a few days.

I thought it was Friday today.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - you are allowed to be awol, check in when you can. At least let us know you got to your NC home safely.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Started to make to do list for Friday/Saturday as I have appointments for me/dog and extra errands and dog grooming. My mother was a list maker, and I would "lose" too much if I didnt.

Sweet Sixteen!! Gonzaga will have their hands full, but we shall see.

Almost 2/3 done with 2 baby blankets, I have a pattern to try for a blanket where odds/ends would work. But that is a little down the road. It would look a little like a braided rug - before people got in the habit to threw things away they would take clothing that was no longer any good and would make strips of it and braid them - they made area rugs out of them.

Good safe travels Lana.

Hoping for a little more sleep. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning Sara -

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

XXX.X today numbers are too awful to type in. It's in my journal though.
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Lana-I’m sorry for all of it. That is so hard. I’m praying for you.

I’m feeling a bit better today. Yesterday was bad. PMS, junk food over the weekend, and lack of crazy pills. My kids were good, though.

I’m running out of time, so I’ve got to go.

Waving to the friends around the pool. Send a CBoy with some good coffee.

-Ash
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Eye apt went okay, have another test to take in April (routine stuff). BP at eye apt was 127/82 which is wonderful.

Roasted vegetables and English muffin for dinner - lady who drove asked if we could take advantage of the grocery store right next to medical center - so the English muffins (whole wheat) were talking to me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. I am taking chicken /roasted veg to work and dog got to lick the plate I cut chicken on (to fit into container). Such a happy girl.

Rain again today. Just is.

Saw the $$ of the ladies shopping trip and almost dropped. She spent almost my monthly budget on what she bought. Soda/chips/frozen meals - I hate to think of what I used to buy before WW would cost now. Eye opener.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    So much for spring. We got dumped on last night and today. We have about 8" of snow. Driving in to work was dicey...even in a Jeep!

Sara - i need you to cook for me! always post nice meals. glad to hear eyes and bp are doing well!

Lana - hope you are feeling well.

Dawn - how is your boy? out of ICU by now?

*waves to all*

*snapping fingers for Cboys to bring over hot chocolate and extra blanket*

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ndbka4as4h9u.png

5q83z9vamggc.png

an idea of how my day goes.....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Just a quick short check-in

See you all tomorrow.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lady who is making 50 chemo bags said I have week / 2 weeks before she needs them. She sells purses and bags and I am looking into getting a nice bag for knitting projects.

Swept all the tree "kitten" that fell today between rain and wind. Extra calories burned ( 12?).

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Ready to say *kitten* it and sit down with a half gallon of ice cream or cake or something. Just give up.

My younger brother just told me his lymphoma is back. There is a mass on the back of his head. Will be starting treatments again soon.

This year was supposed to be better than last year. :'(
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    So much for spring. We got dumped on last night and today. We have about 8" of snow. Driving in to work was dicey...even in a Jeep!

Sara - i need you to cook for me! always post nice meals. glad to hear eyes and bp are doing well!

Lana - hope you are feeling well.

Dawn - how is your boy? out of ICU by now?

*waves to all*

*snapping fingers for Cboys to bring over hot chocolate and extra blanket*

Was thinking of you when I heard about snow... wow! What strange weather we've all been having!

Thank you for asking... my boy is home and doing ok...I still haven't been able to talk to him... but, messaged his Aunt, so they know I'm thinking of him...hope he's able to keep himself regulated and do shots like he's supposed to... not much faith in his Dad...

Stay safe!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Ready to say *kitten* it and sit down with a half gallon of ice cream or cake or something. Just give up.

My younger brother just told me his lymphoma is back. There is a mass on the back of his head. Will be starting treatments again soon.

This year was supposed to be better than last year. :'(

Damn Kathryn - I’m so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family. Sending healing thoughts and vibes your way.

Tess