Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Had to call pcp back before they closed. I have to take urine and blood test again - no fasting but make sure I am hydrated. I drink more water than I used to. So looks like 4 Friday's in a row I will have to take time off. Just glad I have the time on the books.

Thinking about it I need to drink water like I am having an ultrasound, maybe that is what they call hydrated??? Will give it a try.

Lady at work who just started likes smoothies I told her I have a smoothie maker still in the box, did she want it? I wouldnt take money but dark chocolate was the barter!

Time to go walk dog. Hope to stop by before lights out.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jean! I'm Dawn and I live in Mo... you'll see me complain about the weather, it just can't make up it's mind...

Sara - thanks... there really are no words...

Tess - thank you... it's going to be a long road for both families... good to see you... hope you had a great vacation...

Lana - hope you are having a good day and no annoying headaches!

Watching "Downsizing" not quite sure what to think...I do love Matt Damon, tho...

Have a good evening...
    May be back later...
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - dark chocolate is always a good barter!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8349ayf9f3ry.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathyrn - post reads- The 3 c's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change. -

Jean - Kathryn cannot read attachment posts sometimes.

Romance novel might help ease me into sleep tonight.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

I wish the "lightbulb" moments would stop happening at 1am!! This is the first time anyone said to drink lots of water before my fasting blood draw - wow - okay from now on. I cant change the past, but I can start now.

I am also realizing how little water I used to drink - I am in between that amount and probably what I should be drinking. Fear of peeing my pants (childhood incident) needs to be quieted in favor of my health.

Needless to say, I hope to get some sleep between now and dog walking.......

Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

I am having fuzzy brain this morning, but got some big stuff done already, arranging some upkeep of the house.

Dawn - the news of the 2 year old is so sad. I don't know what to add except hugs.

Sara - the chocolate barter was a good one!

As for that ultrasound appointment, I have some TMI, which can be taken with a pound of salt. Actually, I'll put it differently, and you all can draw your own conclusions. I am assuming we are talking pelvic ultrasounds to check bladder and all female parts.

They want the bladder full, so that they can see all parts of it as best they can. So, for every living female body that comes for an appointment, they give the same directions, which involve drinking a certain amount of water in a certain time frame and to not pee and to blah, blah, blah.

Before they take me in for the procedure, they ask if I followed the directions. If the answer differs at all from what they want to hear, they will delay the procedure and/or require a person to drink more water.

As it happens, all my life, I have been the Pee Queen. My body will retain water; I must have a small bladder because I go often, etc. etc. My father remembered until he died that I had to stop at every rest stop on the Thruway on my way to college for the first time.

So when I go for my appointments, I personally refuse to suffer. I actually go to the bathroom right before I leave the apartment; I walk 20 minutes to the appointment, and when I get there I fib and let them think I've drunk tons of water and haven't peed for a long time. The exams always go just fine for me, and the technician always says that I've done great and my bladder is nice and full.
    Go figure.
    800 years ago when I went for the first test, I followed their instructions and I was in pain and almost panic it was so uncomfortable. Not any more.

However, if you indeed are a person who doesn't drink much liquid, do err on the side of following the directions they give.

*Kitten!* Now I have to go to the bathroom.....

Lana

241.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Now I feel a lot like Rosanne Rosannadanna.......

Sara was talking "as if" she were having an ultrasound......

"Never mind"

:o

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lana - had to laugh as co-workers refer to me as the Pee Queen. They actually use me as a timer for meetings and they know I know location of all the bathrooms at our venues! LOL

I can identify with you... and having said that, now I have to go to the bathroom....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I sent my manager an email asking if we as a company shouldnt "advertise" drinking extra water for blood tests ( putting on business cards to hand out and putting on our screens that provide info). I am not offended that I got the "long story". I drive my relatives crazy with my bathroom frequency as well. I just need to remember that it is better to be over hydrated on that day.

I also just came back from restroom - I know tmi........ Rosanne Rosannadanna was a wonderful character.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

LOL!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    On hold again, yikes. Eating Droste dark chocolate.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Curses and drat:

My walk tallied only 1.7 miles. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be 2+ miles. I have no energy or oomph.

Tomorrow is another day.

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Next time, I’m waiting to read these posts until I’m conveniently near a bathroom and NOT on a public bus, miles from home....

(But the bathroom stories are part of why I love this group. That and the fact you tolerate me for being a salad shaker....)

Humbly,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Next time, I’m waiting to read these posts until I’m conveniently near a bathroom and NOT on a public bus, miles from home....

(But the bathroom stories are part of why I love this group. That and the fact you tolerate me for being a salad shaker....)

Humbly,

Tess

Whoa! Tess. You are a salad shaker!???? OMG
    For the love of Cheese Tess......why?

*Lana falls onto fainting couch in the Salon. Cabana Boys are fanning madly.*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess shake away so long as I cant hear you......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

2 good pieces of info, 1 - coworker got home to live in (her ex was throwing her out the house she was renting)- guess what it is the house next door!! Talk about a nice set up. She will be able to move little stuff while she waits for people to help move the big items. 2- I sent an idea about advertising to Manager and lady I know in patient safety and the patient safety department is doing to take the idea to their director Monday. You never know unless you ask and take a chance. I kept my manager in the loop in case something good develops.

Lady I know in patient safety lost her mother this weekend and her brother has days to live (age/ cancer). I offered her chocolate, but she said she has enough at her desk.

Korean beef/broccoli fried rice for dinner.

Wishing all a good night. Might stop by before lights out.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow Sara - that is something terrible for the lady at work who is losing her brother immediately after losing her mother. I hope that she has more family or good friends near her because that is so much to process all at once.

Sara, do you make your Korean beef or buy it already "Korean"? I'm not even sure what it is, but it's probably very tasty.

I ate an unmeasured portion of Ghirardelli chocolate chips earlier. Just because I am typing this to you all, I am going to go right now and weigh and measure the rest of them and put them in their tiny Glad containers so I have measured servings that I know the calories for. If I did not type this here, I would not do it! So thank you~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - Korean beef was part of a Bento Box I got for lunch last Friday and used the leftover beef for fried rice.

Measuring is wonderful, keep up the good work.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2018
    Options
    "Oh. Never mind!" again! LOL