Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Next time, I’m waiting to read these posts until I’m conveniently near a bathroom and NOT on a public bus, miles from home....

(But the bathroom stories are part of why I love this group. That and the fact you tolerate me for being a salad shaker....)

Humbly,

Tess

Whoa! Tess. You are a salad shaker!???? OMG
    For the love of Cheese Tess......why?

*Lana falls onto fainting couch in the Salon. Cabana Boys are fanning madly.*

LOL! Lana, I could never guess that you worked in the theatre! And trust you to swoon into the arms of the Cabana boys... :smile:

What can I say? I like my salad dressing and fixings evenly distributed.

Thanks for the smile,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Made a magenta colored heart for the lady who lost/is losing family members, they dont like us wandering around and I dont know where she works, but I got her last name, so I will email her tomorrow and give it to her. It doesnt change much but it might help.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Made a magenta colored heart for the lady who lost/is losing family members, they dont like us wandering around and I dont know where she works, but I got her last name, so I will email her tomorrow and give it to her. It doesnt change much but it might help.

It will help a lot, Sara - it will remind her that somebody cares and is thinking of her. You have a kind and generous heart.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - that is so heartbreaking for lady at work.. but, so wonderful of you to make a heart...I'm sure it will be a big help... always nice to know someone is thinking of them in tough times...

My name is "tiny bladder" ... secret's out...lol...I'm well known for frequent potty breaks...it is what it is...I don't admit, sometimes I use the potty to just "get away" for a few minutes...

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Middle of the night - I go to bed early and had hot chocolate so you guessed it!! Warming trend quickly happening so also having to change night attire/blankets etc.

With the need for people to drink water (hydration) it is a wonder we dont spend half our lives taking potty breaks. Nice to know potty is not a "kitten" word. England/ english potty means mentally "not quite there". With Starbucks being so popular and caffeine being a dehydrator, many of us may be walking around in need of water and dont know it.

okay, paper at door? Will see and yes it is early. Paper should end in a couple of weeks.

back in a couple of hours.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed. We will be at least 10 degrees warmer this weekend than last. Not good for the allergy sufferers - waving hand wildly.

Decided I could not take another day of quiche for lunch so today is the day I get a salad at the Cafe.

Warmer temps mean different shoes/ socks and eventually skirts. Not ready for that yet. I shutter as I write.

Lurking from work. Wishing all a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara, Tess and Dawn are right--so very kind of you to make that magenta heart. It certainly does help people to know that others are caring about what they are going through, and to have a handmade heart takes that further. Blessings on the maker and the receiver.

BBL

Lana

241.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    My idea about educating people about hydration and blood draws hit a dead end - seems we should know this. Yikes. I at least tried.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - watch: in a few years, we will be hearing that hydration and blood draws are a good idea. You tried. I for one will be making sure that I am well hydrated before my blood draws. ;)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my walk today turned out to be 2.6 miles. I am still whipped from it; drinking water now. It is 74 degrees here today, so I am dripping from that walk. Time to peel my clothes off and get into something dry and more comfortable.

Hey Ash, where are you? I need to tell you that my walk just now was VERY hilly, and I thought of you any time I had to go UP a hill. Gah!

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Salad Shakers Anonymous: Hello. My name is Kathryn and I shake my salads. It has been 2 hours since I shook my last salad.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I was thinking of Ash this morning as well, hope she is just so busy she cant see straight. Good job walking it is at least 75 here as well. Hope the cboys found you with a large luscious towel.

Kathryn, as I told Tess shake away so long as I dont hear it.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Salad Shakers Anonymous: Hello. My name is Kathryn and I shake my salads. It has been 2 hours since I shook my last salad.

Sister!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I would love to see 75... we're not even breaking 60! Rain, rain and more rain... love Spring...haha

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~
    I feel like a little kid: I don't want to go to bed or go to sleep. But I always wake up early, so I can't just do what I want.

I saw that Ash liked my status of logging in for whatever number of days in a row, but that's on my phone, and I'm too weary to find her on the laptop and send her a message or whatever. Hopefully she will stop by in a day or two.

Everyone have a good night.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Just a quick note before snuggling with Miss T.

Dawn- you will get your Spring perhaps next week?

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning.

Extra water makes for middle of night trips - I will still drink abundantly tomorrow but the plan is to drink 2 more glasses of water every day.

Was not up for a long time like the last 2 nights, sleep gratefully found me. My internal alarm clock go me up.

Looking for ideas for snacks at work - all ideas are welcome.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning~~

I did not get to sleep until after 3AM. Just laying there in the dark with thoughts of DH, failed marriage, abandonment etc. etc. Therapist and I agree that nighttime/falling asleep is one of the stickier wickets of working through all this.

I am grateful that I do not have to keep to a work schedule.

However....then there's my fault entirely: the medicinal eating of ice cream at 11PM fueled that trouble falling asleep. All that sugar. Of course I couldn't settle down.

Ice cream is almost gone, shoved to back of freezer. Will try to not do that again. I almost never do that.

Lana

242.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara

Snack ideas:

Individually wrapped cheese sticks, brought with a few celery or carrot sticks or half an apple.

Small cans/portions of V-8 juice (low-sodium) and 5 Triscuits.

A yogurt + some Cheerios, or granola, or nuts.

A little hummus and whatever with it.

A few nuts with a few grapes.

Store made coleslaw put into small containers.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - maybe try getting that extra water in before 6PM. Then get your feet up in the evening. Extra water should be gone hopefully by bedtime.

My body is a sponge, so it helps me to read or watch programs while lying down in bed. During that time, I do go pee several times. It cuts down on the middle of the night trips. A good night for me is only 2 pit stops. LOL.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- not sure about next week... my friend is coming back from Winter in Az... told her to bring warm weather back with her... it's been 60's there, which is good for me...90's when she comes back... not quite ready for 90's...

Today was services for mother and child...we debated going... in the end, decided against.. me being an emotional wreck anyway, really a good thing...I would have been bawling the whole time....