Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Meant to go to the gym today but ended up
    talking to a friend too long. Ah well - sometimes the human contact is important balm for the soul. Will try again tomorrow.

Welcome home, Lana!

Gettingmeback, stay safe! Dinner looks delicious.

Waves to Sara and all,

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Gettingmeback- glad you are safe! Thankful our 2nd storm turned out to be a no show for the most part... just frigid cold... yer dinner looks delicious!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    8190 total steps heating pad on back - did more walking at one time than I have in awhile.

Cuddle up with Miss T soon.

Tess how is your hockey team doing?

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 what types of crafts do you do. I make jewelry and sometimes the grandkids make bracelets and necklaces while I have them. I work more with wire and beads, prefer making rings and earrings the most, then bracelets and necklaces.

I paint, the old tole painting method is my preferred style, but I do some paint night type things and go to people’s homes to lead them. My husband wood burns and we make Christmas ornaments from wood slices that he burns and I paint. I have scrapbooked for close to 10 years now, but currently I am learning and playing with the Cricut I received for Christmas. I have been making decorations for my Granddaughter’s third Birthday party next week. I figure the 3 year old won’t judge my imperfections too harshly :)

My eldest daughter makes jewelry as well. She doesn’t do a lot but enjoys it when she does it.

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Lana!

So last night night my husband decided to join my at the gym and then for a salad for dinner. Could have knocked me over with a feather, but it was great working out with a partner. Today was Memphis basketball and we decided to hit our favorite BBQ spot before the game - ended up heating pretty healthy and got the smoked Cornish game hens. We ran all over town today and I got my 10K steps and 10 Floors in for the first time since I tore the knee up. Feels pretty good! Will hit the gym early tomorrow before the football games, then I'm curling up in front of the fire and not moving till they are done!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries then home. Rain today so a good day to stay inside anyway.

Got a larger humidifier - has a screw on for the water container so it wont hurt my hand/wrist like the other one and it holds more water so not as often and if I want I can turn up higher and wont run out of water. Floor model and not a bad price.

Was nice to walk in the sun yesterday, but sun on forecast starting tomorrow. Nothing wrong with a quiet day.

Wave to all who follow. bbl
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning! Woke up to some more fluffy snow on top of the large amount of fluffy snow that fell yesterday LOL finally had our first snow plow go down our street this morning so it looks like the digging out will begin. My husband generally works on the road as he is an over-the-road driver, but luckily he is home this weekend so he can dig us out so I don't have to hahaha I think I'll enjoy another day at home and work on my YouTube drawing class. :-)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bought powered peanut butter to put in my oatmeal again - trying to pack more wallop in my meals so the snacks dont get so tempting.

Got a free car wash while at grocery store.

Bought 2 jumbo cookies to celebrate someone I know getting engaged. I get to eat one - better than buying and eating both.

bbl.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Tess how is your hockey team doing? .

The Capitals are doing pretty well, Sara, thanks for asking! They are second in their division, just one point behind the NY Islanders so they are definitely in a good position with over 2 months left in the regular season.

The temps are dropping rapidly here, with high winds. Hope our trees stay up! A good day to stay in and stay warm.

Cheers,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Happy Sunday All~~

I let my friend talk me into going out to dinner yesterday, eating part of his horrible appetizer--a breaded macaroni and cheese ball before having my over-priced hamburger. We drank tap water, and my half of the bill was $33 dollars. So much salt in some restaurant food too.
    Scale is up over 2 pounds from yesterday. Wallet is empty now. Dang.

Veggies and clean protein at home for me for a long while. Period. Oh, and exercise - out walking in the cold!

Crabby Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Tess how is your hockey team doing? .

The Capitals are doing pretty well, Sara, thanks for asking! They are second in their division, just one point behind the NY Islanders so they are definitely in a good position with over 2 months left in the regular season.

The temps are dropping rapidly here, with high winds. Hope our trees stay up! A good day to stay in and stay warm.

Cheers,

Tess

Tess, thank you for the heads up on the high winds--I glossed over that in the forecasts. It's terrible and expensive when trees come down.

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good Sunday morning! Woke up to some more fluffy snow on top of the large amount of fluffy snow that fell yesterday LOL finally had our first snow plow go down our street this morning so it looks like the digging out will begin. My husband generally works on the road as he is an over-the-road driver, but luckily he is home this weekend so he can dig us out so I don't have to hahaha I think I'll enjoy another day at home and work on my YouTube drawing class. :-)

Are you the instructor or the student for you drawing class? My husband has been watching a lot of drawing and painting tutorials lately.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Happy Sunday All~~

I let my friend talk me into going out to dinner yesterday, eating part of his horrible appetizer--a breaded macaroni and cheese ball before having my over-priced hamburger. We drank tap water, and my half of the bill was $33 dollars. So much salt in some restaurant food too.
    Scale is up over 2 pounds from yesterday. Wallet is empty now. Dang.

Veggies and clean protein at home for me for a long while. Period. Oh, and exercise - out walking in the cold!

Crabby Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

I am so fortunate that most of my friends are willing to just hang out at my house or theirs so we don’t spend a lot. Maybe you need to have a discussion about finding other activities.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I am sort of grounded right now because our car is not reliable. I am missing it. I’m also missing working. I hope that soon I find a new job. I have my EI but it doesn’t pay nearly enough.

I am staying busy with my crafting but I feel my brain is withering away.

I am also struggling being home all day and not snacking! Boredom is the enemy.

Ok off to do some crafting I think. Have a great day

• gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I am the student :) . I found a channel where the guy starts at the super super basics, right down to how to hold the pencil to make clean lines. I used to draw pretty well and constantly when I was young, but put the pencil down about 25 years ago. Drawing feels so foreign to me now, and I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be. My daughter, as it turns out, is such a natural talent and she spends hours every day doing it! I decided I wanted to get back to it. Starting at square 1.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ok, not sure why i'm unable to post a pic in here. Scentsy is releasing a new Unicorn Buddy, tomorrow. I have posted pic on my home page. They are wonderful for anxiety. They each come with their own scent pak! If interested, head over to my site. They are under the kid's section. Thank you for your support!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10258000
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6120 total steps.

look forward to curling up with Miss T

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracey - It is quite common for (common) people in Manhattan to eat out because few apartments are large enough to have company! :open_mouth:

I have a cafe table (full of paperwork) in my kitchen, and then there's the bedroom. It's a tiny studio, so no living room. *sob*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale is up - double chocolate muffin, fudge and chocolate chip cookies - see a trend?? I got mad at the weight gnomes but have to remember nobody made me eat it.

Sun for most of week, so I see skinny girl walking more.

Weight is highest in a very long time - that fact has made me eat. So I made 3 powerbowl salads and 3 skillet dinners (those are in freezer) so I am getting my vegetables in. I will have to keep my chocolate intake to hot chocolate.

Lana - when you eat out, you are in control of what you order. See above what I ordered this weekend so I know it is not easy.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from a Monday at work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Weight is highest in a very long time - that fact has made me eat. So I made 3 powerbowl salads and 3 skillet dinners (those are in freezer) so I am getting my vegetables in. I will have to keep my chocolate intake to hot chocolate.

Tillie - Sending you good wishes and positive thoughts! Today is a good day for a fresh start!!