Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I've been looking at fruit cups and such... found some at Dollar General... just have to wait till payday... hot chocolate sounds good... freezing rain started as I had to go to work... roads not too bad, but freezing on windshield..

Tess- thanks! Luckily, if I just pretend the cake isn't there, the guys eat it before I get back to it... now, if co-workers would just eat cupcakes at work it would be great! Haven't had 1, yet... Happy Easter to you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Two nice dog walks today and a nap in the middle.

Chicken fried rice cooling in freezer bags to go into freezer. Pie crust (store bought) coming to room temp for quiche. Have extra cooked ground chicken for salads (with black beans/cheese/ sour cream and a bag of corn chips I buy at work).

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, crawling out of bed and using crowbars to open eyes - yes! sorry it is Monday.

Weigh in down 0.4 - key word is down.

I am beginning to understand why people drink/take medicine for stress. Aromatherapy back on the books and more mindful breathing (meditative breathing). Time to make "my bubble" stronger - real world in my face too much recently.

Off rant/soap box. Dog is taken care of. Her new food has omega3 and the fish smell is sometimes much. Same line of food but I got a free bag of dog food to try.....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had issues with entering food into their diary? There is no problem when I use the search feature but if I try to use the checklist feature, I keep getting an error message. Anyone else run into this?? Noticed this last week and still have issues. A bit beyond frustrating now.
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sherri, and a Serial Starter! I have 3 girls who all play hockey. 16 year old twins, and a 10 year old. I like to drink red wine after work, knit and watch Netflix on the rare nights I'm home. Hockey 12 months a year in our Canadian household! Boating in the summer. First order of business, is to make more friends (accountability partners), drink less red wine throughout the week, and move more. Snow is melting, and I'm going to try and get out and walk on my lunches this week at least 3 times.
    Add me if you like!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Just saw the weather report - rain on Friday - fine except I am not sure how well my wipers work. :s I will call my car dealership and see how much $$ to replace windshield wipers.

Good morning Sherri - stop by and post when you can.

Off to work - hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.....
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Options
    Thank you! We are getting snow today in Ontario!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options

*borrowing Sara's crowbar to open eyes....*

Good morning All~~

Big welcome to Sherri~!

Kathryn, sadly I couldn't possibly say about the tracker, because I haven't fully tracked in a long time. I enter my breakfasts, but toss the rest of the day away. I hope that whatever is a problem fixes itself.

However, I have been noticing other odd problems with my laptop for what it's worth: just the past few days, it will not delete mail drafts I want to delete and it won't delete photos I want to get ride of. Never had that problem before, and the machine tells me I've plenty of RAM and space etc etc.
    Odd.
    It's the Russians. :open_mouth:

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite pool lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

240.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Kathryn~~

I just went to log my breakfast. Could not do it on the laptop/website using the check off method. Got error message. Did not try searching method.
    I went on iPhone MFP app, and had no trouble finding foods on the Recent or Frequent list and getting them checked off and recorded.

Lana
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Options
    Hi Lana!

Thanks for the welcome! Just figured out how to bookmark the thread. (Baby steps). Sun is shining here even though it’s cold.
    My youngest daughter is having a friend over soon. May use the child labour to get Xmas decorations down outdoors
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sara - Congratulations on your weigh-in today.

I wanted to post some flowers for you, but for the first time, either my laptop or the website won't let me do it! Maybe it was worried that I might post another photo of Mario?

Keep up the good work and the walking and the food prep! Yay you!

The Cabana Boys will be waiting for you when you get to the Club later on....... :wink:

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    e8sb9zbracwp.png

I am gaining weight just looking at the easter basket.....
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi all,

Happy belated Easter!!

Sara~thanks for the lovely Easter basket pic, I too think I am gaining weight just looking at it...hahaha

Kathryn~Awesome job with your NSV, big congrats to you!! & yes over the last few days I also have been having issues with logging food.

So not sure why but my little fur babies have been really bad at peeing in the house & I am pretty much at a loss as to how to correct the issue...as of right now we are all using vinegar on a paper towel and rubbing it on their noses when we see the pee then putting them outside & then after cleaning the spot we are also wiping the area with vinegar. On Thursday my BF and I went crazy cleaning the house for our Easter dinner on Friday & found many new pee spots! Not impressed!! Any advice would help.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!

Waves to Lana, Tess, Dawn and anyone else who stops by :)

Welcome Sherri & all new comers.

~Saltine~ >:)

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sherri! Good to have you here. Loved your comment about “child labour”! I’m Tess and I live near Washington, DC. We avoided the snow today but it’s much colder than it usually is this time of year. The poor flowering trees don’t know what to do!

Hi Saltine! Could the fur baby have a bladder infection? Dawn may have some ideas since she works at a vet office.....

A couple of you mentioned having problems with MFP lately. Over the weekend, I noticed that my steps weren’t syncing with my iPhone step counter which bummed me out since it also tracks calories from walking (and I did a LOT of walking over the weekend). Fortunately, it seems to have righted itself. I only use the app.

Waves to all. Hope your Monday was a good one. Lana, don’t tire out the Cabana boys - it’s shaping up to be one of “those” weeks and you’re going to need to share. : )

Best,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Saltine - I am not a dog owner, but a quick Google around netted quite a few useful articles. Don't punish the dogs. Read up!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

NSV- took car to car part store and saved $$ - they installed for me. I made sure to say thank you. I had 2 women at work who said they would install them for me if it came to that.....

Saltine - rule out medical problems first, as Lana said - read online to see. Frustrating I know.

Miss T wants her walk so walking shoes on and "away we go"......
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- great NSV... thankfully, I got new wipers with oil change, couple months ago...I tend to put it off longer than I should...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Salad of my own creation today. Ran out of cheese so maybe the only salad I make this week.

Cooling down for the storm system starting perhaps Thursday. It is easier to sleep when it is colder - I dont live in snow area so "colder" is a relative term.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking with any luck from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good morning everybody~~

It's haircut day. The Aveda School here gives early bird discounts, so gotta scoot. Walk to & from bus stop + maybe I'll walk around the shopping mall where this place is.

Yesterday was sensible eating but evidently too much fat, so over calories.
    Yes, the website is certainly having its problems lately. Had to do it on phone, but I do like the desktop version of MFP.
    Thank the gods that there's been no trouble with these boards. I would die without my lifeline to you all.

Sara - I am glad that you got your windshield wipers done at a lesser cost than dealership. Excellent!

Into the shower with me!
    Everyone have a good day~~

BBL

Lana

240.4 today Jeez I want to see the land of the 230s! Been in the 240s way too long.
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - so close! You need a non food reward... so great! Enjoy your day

Sara - more snow this weekend... debating on short trip home or, waiting till my actual weekend off... May be warmer, then...

Trying so hard to make better choices...went to Wal Mart and they have these yummy little pies for 50cents.. I'm usually pretty good at ignoring them... but, they had a couple me flavors I wanted to try (actually cake) thankfully, I wasn't that impressed, so don't think I'll be doing that again...we keep some in cabinets for SO and cousin to eat...I try to avoid that cabinet... pretty good at it...

Very odd weather, warmer this morning... cooling down and rain coming...Spring time for sure...