Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Man, all that crazy wet and cold weather is making me super thankful to be in the Midwest. We have had rain, but the temps have been moderate. It got down into the 30s last week and 40s/50s this week, but it’s spring, so those temps seem reasonable. It’s supposed to storm again today. I’m so glad I don’t have to drive the big van with the kids in it. I’m just riding along!

Oh! I hope the game doesn’t get rained out!

Lana! Way to go! I’m looking for the 250s right now and it’s been quite a battle. I’ll get there though. Slow and steady because it’s the only thing that is a life style change and not a fad that will never stick long term is what I always say. I’m trying to stay low on starchy carbs too. Around 200 a day for now. Lower as I lose weight. It’s a pretty easy target to hit.

Kathryn- I was talking to my sister (she’s 20, and the fact that she does this boy talking to them way better than I is humbling, but I love her and she really does have great advice.) she reminded my that my lack of experience is part of who I am. God kept me from getting “cool” for a reason. So what if I’m a spaz. Ok.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There was more to that. It got cut off.

Also....

CW 263.4
    HW 268.4
    GE 225
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ash- I'm almost 44 and still don't know how to act around boys..even been married... somehow, I have an SO for 5 years...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,352 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon C!! Stop by and post when you can, one day one step one meal at a time.

Got caught in a wave of heavy rain and traffic - got honked at by impatient "kitten" hole just waved and moved along....

Couple of hours before next apt. they are renovating apartment next store and dog is at door when big noises happen.

Ash - if he likes you you will find out. Being someone you are not to impress someone is long term insanity. Just saying.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Welcome to C!

Kathryn - incoming snowstorm? Good grief--hope it's the last one.

Sara - Tillie is funny!

Ash - OK, my one bit of advice is don't try too hard. In fact, when it comes to boys, do nothing, just be there.
    If they are interested they'll come around, so to speak.
    You can't push a string.

Waving to Dawn and Tess and Saltine and the Missys, and Sherri and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Home for day - was pulling out tortillas and something didnt look right - so pita bread pizza with black beans cheese and sour cream - close enough. Tortillas on grocery list.

Next pedicure on same day as consult for colonoscopy - I may as well set up the appointments on days I am scheduling off. Considering I didnt do much- maybe it was all the traffic and "kitten" weather- I am pooped.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn- yes morels... they can be quite elusive...I have never found one.. thankfully, people feel sorry me and share...I'm hoping the walking helped a little with food choices... they were about half as bad, today...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I got into the candy earlier today, so now I'm in the red 400 calories, and it's 10PM and I'm hungry.......Curses. Eating candy makes me feel hungry later, sometimes.

I guess I'll have my usual raisin bran and milk and count that.....
    Tomorrow will be better.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    On dog walk, another dog with owner comes by has no control over dog. I pulled dog in my arms, other dog leash is almost wrapped around my legs, I tell the lady to get her dog, which happens quickly with the retractable leash and they leave - not one word. I have since figured out breed of dog and will speak with management tomorrow. Spoke with neighbor who knew of this dog/owner - they just go the other direction.... Wowie, what losers.

We are however safe and ready for sleep - wishing all a good night.
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi. I've been dieting my whole adult life (or so it seems) each time starting out heavier than the time before. tried it all... am doing pretty good right now, but need some support and motivation. I signed up with Noom in December and liked their approach. I've lost over 19 pounds since then, but my subscription there is ending and I do not want to renew it.
    i am 48, 5'5, currently 188.4. my goal is 165, so I still have a little ways to go. I am married, two grown daughters (25, 21), one living in California, the other in Germany. we have a dog and a cat and currently live in Germany.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, Up with dog. Rain came through in a downpour around 1am. They say it should dry up by end of day.

Normal errands. Will make bean/cheese burritos to freeze after I get tortillas at store. More ground chicken for what I am not quite sure - salads/fried rice/burritos??

Birgit - welcome! We had another lady posting here from Germany in the history of this message board. What is Noom? Stop by and post when you can.

Jumping back into bed with dog as it is chilly. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - bummer about dog walk yesterday. Some people are just slobs.

Welcome Birgit! Why don't you want to renew your subscription? It's working for you. Is it expensive?

I like the free MFP here. Weight Watchers got to be too expensive for me. For me to have success, I must do the daily tracking, and ahead of that--a good shopping list (very little junk food), planning, and food pre-prep to make it easy to toss things together.
    Sara is really good with preparing her meals ahead of time and freezing things to make meals easier to handle.

It helps to have connections such as this thread/group. Everyone is welcome here~~

Time to jump in the shower and then do my meditation.....

BBL

Lana

239.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Did you ever find your Pero? Do you drink it black or with milk and sweetener? I looked it up, and I've never had anything like it. I never had Postum.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

It is a pain in the "Kitten" to look up, scan, juggle, and record a day's worth of food in advance, but I did it.

Gah.

*collapsing onto chaise by pool. Cabana Boys rushing over for pillow fluffing*

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Birgit, welcome! And congratulations on the weight you’ve lost. Where in Germany do you live? My family was from near Munich. I’m Tess and live with one husband and two pampered cats near Washington, DC. I started on MFP in January 2017 and lost about 50 pounds last year. The rate of loss has slowed but I started strength training earlier this year and am finding muscles I didn’t know existed.

Another gray, rainy day in DC but at least the snow avoided us. Lana, I may need you to share a Cabana Boy (and perhaps some wine) to cheer me up....

BBL,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana- store no longer carries Pero - will have to get online - or not I can drink it all three ways...... Sweet potato/turkey shepherd's pie / black bean/cheese wheat tortilla burritos and broccoli quiche for making/eating this week.

Sun is trying to come out, temps will still be cool enough for hot meals.
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    hi all. thanks for the warm welcome. we live near Frankfurt, so pretty central.
    today was the first warm day this year, mid 70s and sunshine... aired out the house, did some cleaning, a little gardening, took the dog for a walk, did my weekly grocery shopping, and walked to a nearby restaurant with my hubby for dinner. all in all 14,540 steps. logged all my food. successful day!
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    Lana - I liked noom. it's about $30/month so really about what other weight loss programs cost. I found the food tracking very difficult and not very user friendly. I've been using MFP for years, sometimes more, sometimes less. I love how it has an international food database that allows me to easily log anything. also love to enter recipes and meals. noom did not allow that and only had US food database. living in Germany it made it difficult. so the last couple of months I've been with noom I tracked my food here... no point really in continuing there. I did love the support and motivation and hope to find some of that here.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello, back on my diet for the past 6 days. I am the definition of serial starter. I've been doing pretty well this week, I had pancakes for lunch with lakanto monk fruit syrup so that wasn't the best. But I'm down 3.5 lbs again and planning a pretty good workout this evening so glad to be back on the wagon and meet you all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Birgit - and lacey - I am Sara - in CA lived in Germany/Austria a lifetime ago, knit/crochet to keep myself sane and Miss Tillie is dog in picture and she wants more walks lately, so we go!!! Breaking in new walking shoes too.

I can imagine a nap this afternoon Miss T joins me. Sun is out (partly cloudy) and I just stood there in the sun - I am not a sun bunny but we have had nothing but rain/clouds most of the week..... we need the rain dont get me wrong, but it makes many of us grumpy.

Lacey - welcome - one meal will not set you back so long as you get back on track.

We found that some words are not allowed and the editors use "kitten", so you will see us using the word "kitten" and wonder why......

Tess - SHARE a cabana boy ?? NO NO NO - there are enough for all.