Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- glad tests are good!

Lana- I used to spend a lot of time logging and getting irritated because, I couldn't always find what I wanted...I keep telling myself I'm going to start logging again...I just haven't...you are doing amazing! I really should follow your lead...I'm pretty sure I'm eating my feelings, lately... can't seem to stop... blah
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sara, it’s REALLY cold here tonight. I’m at the Nationals (baseball) game right now and had to bundle up against the cold. But it was sunny today so that cheered my soul. And you’re right, it is supposed to get much warmer (80s!) in two days. Crazy Spring.

Ash, he ASKED! I’m so excited for you. And such a sweet way to ask.

Lana, look at you melting away those pounds! Inspiring....

Hey Dawn, Birgit, Kathryn and everyone else hanging out.

Cheers,

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathy - supposed to be 70 tomorrow 80 Thursday... maybe, they'll pop up then... hopefully, before snow hits Sunday... yuck
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hey everyone. it's lunchtime again. Hump day!!!

came in last night at 1,300 calories, even logged my jelly beans! did lots of walking... 1.6 miles at lunch, another 2.6 on the treadmill before dinner. dinner was a curry rice cabbage skillet with chicken.

so on Saturday there is a 5k fun run I would like to participate in. I'm not fast (45 min/5k) but I like to walk... there's no one here that would go with me. so my hubby (quite grumpy most of the time, overweight, unhealthy, with two bad knees)... signed up to volunteer at registration, so he could support me. that's quite substantial! in almost 30 years I can probably count the times he did something really nice for me. ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated, but to me this is huge! he's not always so supportive of my "healthy endeavors".

well, sandwich is done, off to my 30 minute walk.

have a great day and enjoy the nice weather!!

B)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning.

Birgit my sister is German and invited me to join her on an island in the Baltic Sea for "sibling day". That would involve saving money I dont have and getting PTO I am blowing on medical appointments, but you never know so I told her it was possible - when? No clue. Glad your husband is on board for your fun run this weekend. That is really great. Hope you had a good lunch do you get an hour? - we only get 30 minutes and I refuse to eat at my desk if I dont have to.

Got rained on walking home from work, but hills/mountains got more which is needed still.

Lana if you repeat food on MFP they keep a memory, so it may get faster/easier...... Good job keep up the good work.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    hey everyone. it's lunchtime again. Hump day!!!

came in last night at 1,300 calories, even logged my jelly beans! did lots of walking... 1.6 miles at lunch, another 2.6 on the treadmill before dinner. dinner was a curry rice cabbage skillet with chicken.

so on Saturday there is a 5k fun run I would like to participate in. I'm not fast (45 min/5k) but I like to walk... there's no one here that would go with me. so my hubby (quite grumpy most of the time, overweight, unhealthy, with two bad knees)... signed up to volunteer at registration, so he could support me. that's quite substantial! in almost 30 years I can probably count the times he did something really nice for me. ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated, but to me this is huge! he's not always so supportive of my "healthy endeavors".

well, sandwich is done, off to my 30 minute walk.

have a great day and enjoy the nice weather!!

B)

Wow Birgit all of this is wonderful! Yay for Hubby for going outside of his comfort zone to support you. Give him lots of credit!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tess - OMG how in the world did you manage being outside at that game?!!! You must have burned calories just sitting shivering. You are a true baseball fan!

Dawn and Sara - I would be a goner without the two memory tabs of MFP. It's just my brain that makes a lot of mistakes paging through, selecting, etc. because I change the portions and the times of day of when I eat one item.
    I don't have a printer here in NC. In NYC I will be able to print up my days, and then refer back to a written page in front of me, and it will be easier I hope.

Sara - 30 minutes for a lunch break is tight, especially if you want to have a nice big salad and slowly eat it to enjoy it.
    I hope that there is a way you can engineer a trip across the pond to visit your sister.
    What's that saying about end of life regretting more the things that we did not do?.....I so hope for you that you can get a break like that sometime soon.

I'll take care of Tillie for you. I'll come and get her, and then take her with me to Petaluma (cousin) and Redwood City (sister).
    Road trip. Can you see Tillie with driving goggles behind the wheel, fur and silk scarf blowing because the convertible's top is down?!!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - all pink for Miss T - great idea!! She loves to sit in your lap while you drive - so as this is virtual she can do it!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - all pink for Miss T - great idea!! She loves to sit in your lap while you drive - so as this is virtual she can do it!!

Roger that!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got third perfect audit at work in a row - see what happens when you put me in a quiet place? Neighbors at work arent quiet but obviously I can ignore them well enough - I wonder if the "no audit for one month after 3 perfect audits" rule still holds???

Quiche for dinner. Found some seriously cute googles for Miss T online - but alas I know she wont wear them, but they were nice to look at - and in Lana's car - everything is possible......

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Nice going with the three perfect audits!! Yes indeed, thank goodness you got to change your location in that office.

.....Not sure what kind of car it is. Maybe "a speedy blue roadster" like Nancy Drew had.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Rained late last night and they ran the sprinklers, so very wet grass. Had wet socks yesterday so I had to change shoes/socks before work -- aarg - so knowing the grass is wet, I hope to avoid at least changing socks.

Food choices have been okay, now to get more walking in.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good grief - I just finished a one hour session of yard work. I put it into the MFP thing, and all I could find was General Gardening. They gave me 429 calorie credits for that hour. Although I am out of shape and dripping with sweat, I do not believe that I burned 429 calories out there. So I will stay within my original calories for the day if I can, or go over only 100 or 200.

I think that my scale in NYC weighs about a pound heavier than the one in NC. Getting ready for that uptick on Tuesday. Flying north on Monday.

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    Good evening all.

hope you had a great day. I just for back from bible study so tonight I skipped my treadmill miles... but my spiritual wellbeing is important as well... I only made it to 7,600 steps... but I walked my half hour at lunch. logged my food only up to dinner... but think i stayed under my goal.

weight is not budging at all and I want to drop (ideally) 8.5 more pounds before we go on vacation at the end of May. ... still at 188.4

the weather is finally warmer ... definitely lifting spirits. over here it seems from October to April it's just grey, rainy, and ugly... we lived in southern california for 20 years, so we're not used to this at all!

well, it's 11 pm. hubby is snoring next to me.

keep on keeping on! tomorrow is Friday!!

good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Birgit,

When you say the weight is not budging at all, what is the timeframe you are speaking of? No change in two weeks, months?
    Have you taken your measurements? Maybe you are toning up!

I did take my waist measurement at my highest weight, and that will be useful I think.

Waving to Dawn and Ash and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    good morning Lana and everyone else.

i did not take any measurements this time. probably should have. the weight hasn't moved in a few weeks... it's just frustrating. though I do feel great and my clothes fit good... I probably shouldn't complain. but I'd LOVE to be under 180 before our vacation.

I've lost almost 19 pounds so far, so I suppose it's bound to get harder ... but still!! (*throws a little tandrum*)

I'll just keep logging my food, working my treadmill, walk my walks...

i probably should change up my routine but then again that would require effort. (*sigh*)

still at 188.4 this morning, but at least it's not going up. ;)

Off to work I go. TGIF

have a great day everyone. cheers.

B)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Two Dr apts today back to back - will get lunch at Grocery store near them.

Fruit/veg box - forgot to make a list- so luckily the items are not terribly hard to work with.....

Dog fed. Oatmeal is ready so more zzz for me. Will stop by later.

TGIF
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sunshine! 70/80 degree forecast! No coat! And it’s FRIDAY! C-boys, start the blenders!

(Can you tell it’s been a long week?)

BBL,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Birgit - Congratulations on the 19 pounds--that is great!
    I understand the wanting to lose weight before vacation - you also want that little bit of ease with the numbers if you tend to gain weight on vacation, as I do.

Sara - have a good day today with the appointments!

Tess - We have a glorious day weather wise today! I am loving it!

Waves to everyone who stops by later on~~

Dawn - where are you? Busy week?
    Ash - when is date? this weekend?
    Missy I see elsewhere on MFP
    Saltine? How are you doing?

Welcome to any new peeps who stop by~~

*tossing hat, caftan, and steamy bodice ripper onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

236.6 over THREE grams of salt yesterday! Schwan's crab cakes the main culprit :s
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dr. apts were a mixed bag - they got done- I am to be on a low dose of blood pressure meds, gyn consult on list of to do now. Got call pharmacy has meds done waiting until after lunch rush hour to go.....

Nap?? Maybe.