Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    NSV - got $3 at CVS in bonus bucks and wanted to get a Larry/Lenny organic chocolate chip cookie- instead I spent some money and got 30% off my raw almonds.

okay the calories are still in the red with the hot chocolate and caramel/peanut/pretzel Hershey bar - but I could have completely crashed and burned.

Gyn consult apt that dr wants me to have the first apt is in September - gives me some time to think about this......

Missed my chance for nap. Tomorrow is another day.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Sara - Wow what is so special about this gyn that you couldn't get an appointment for 4 1/2 months. They don't seem to be at all "available". What happens if you ever have an emergency?
    Sounds like a chi chi poo poo Park Avenue doctor. Jeez. What is there "to think about"?

The Hershey bar sounded good.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    We acquired over 10 thousand patients and did not plan ahead - if emergency - urgent care or er..... what there is to think about is my pcp wanting to remove my iud that was such a nightmare to deal with last year.......
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    NSV - got $3 at CVS in bonus bucks and wanted to get a Larry/Lenny organic chocolate chip cookie- instead I spent some money and got 30% off my raw almonds.

okay the calories are still in the red with the hot chocolate and caramel/peanut/pretzel Hershey bar - but I could have completely crashed and burned.

Gyn consult apt that dr wants me to have the first apt is in September - gives me some time to think about this......

Missed my chance for nap. Tomorrow is another day.

Is that the Hershey layer bar? So yummy! Definitely a fav of mine!

Hope all goes well with appts and consult..
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - waves frantically... I've heard of women they have to make appt 6 months or more in advance...I don't know how you would do that...

Well, I buggered up my ankle/foot really good at working... not 100% sure what I did.... was taking a dog out, he wouldn't come down stairs, so I turned and picked him up...I was looking him in the face, talking to him and, down I went... thankfully, I somewhat gracefully, set pup down next to me and I just lay down... so, I am in quite a bit of pain... had to finish last hour at work...Dr's told me to sit and put ice on it, but stuff wasn't getting done, so I didn't sit... after a couple of stops, I made it home, put foot up and ice on it for the last 2 hrs... supposed to go visit family, tomorrow... hopefully, feel better in morning...

Lana- awesome on WI! So wonderful!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Will need to get batteries for BP machine. I will take BP once a week - better than nothing - and see if I can get myself to take it more often.

Really have no clue about meals next week, so thinking of making more fried rice and freezing.

Back for more sleep. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    We acquired over 10 thousand patients and did not plan ahead - if emergency - urgent care or er..... what there is to think about is my pcp wanting to remove my iud that was such a nightmare to deal with last year.......

Wow Sara - Roger all that. Understand now. This stuff is a pain, in too many ways....... *Kitten*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - Good grief! So sorry about your ankle and foot. I so hope that nothing is broken or torn. You poor thing!
    As for visiting your family, is this foot the gas/brake foot for driving?

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - yes it is... just my luck...I made it to family's... thank goodness for cruise control...think I'm going to overdo it as I feel like it feels better, the more I walk... but, it hits me when I stop...I think I just twisted/strained it pretty good... had ice on it for quite a while, last night... slightly swollen, but not broke I'm sure... guess that was my "bad luck" for Friday the 13th...hehe
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Snow! Winter just isn't ready to leave, I guess...it was 85° just 2 days ago... wow! Well, on the (not so) bright side...I still get to hide under layers for a little while longer...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - rain will find us later today and not ready for Spring, though snow is worse I agree. I sleep better under warm blankets so that is a plus.

Cooking and laundry after grocery shopping. I get one more 3 day weekend this Friday and so far no medical appointments.........yes I did just roll my eyes.

Oatmeal timer just went off. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Waking up here.

I need a Cabana Boy to bring me some coffee ☕️

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good grief - I just finished a one hour session of yard work. I put it into the MFP thing, and all I could find was General Gardening. They gave me 429 calorie credits for that hour. Although I am out of shape and dripping with sweat, I do not believe that I burned 429 calories out there. So I will stay within my original calories for the day if I can, or go over only 100 or 200.

I think that my scale in NYC weighs about a pound heavier than the one in NC. Getting ready for that uptick on Tuesday. Flying north on Monday.

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

I’m a little late hear, but i think that the estimation is probably accurate for yard work, especially if you were completely worn out. Yard work can be pretty intense!

• Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana - waves frantically... I've heard of women they have to make appt 6 months or more in advance...I don't know how you would do that...

Well, I buggered up my ankle/foot really good at working... not 100% sure what I did.... was taking a dog out, he wouldn't come down stairs, so I turned and picked him up...I was looking him in the face, talking to him and, down I went... thankfully, I somewhat gracefully, set pup down next to me and I just lay down... so, I am in quite a bit of pain... had to finish last hour at work...Dr's told me to sit and put ice on it, but stuff wasn't getting done, so I didn't sit... after a couple of stops, I made it home, put foot up and ice on it for the last 2 hrs... supposed to go visit family, tomorrow... hopefully, feel better in morning...

Lana- awesome on WI! So wonderful!

Oh no! I’ll be praying for quick healing!

I went to the doctor Monday for my left shoulder, turns out I have bursitis in that shoulder and tendinosis in BOTH shoulders. That means no shoulder work in weight room. Which makes me soooooo sad! Also, no bench press and no triceps. It basically all leg work every day. I have exercises for me to do at home, and I’m not supposed to lift my hands above my head too much for a couple of weeks.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ash- thank you for prayers... I'm on the mend.. honestly, I probably would be even better if I had stayed home and kept it up more... but, I hate to let family down, so I suffer.. sorry about your shoulders that doesn't sound fun at all... glad you got some 1 on 1 time with the guy...I like doing group things, as I have nothing to talk about and think the other person would be bored... but, sometimes, you need that alone time to see if it's even worth trying to move forward... glad it went well and hope you have many more good times, together..

Sara - I sleep good under warm covers as well... especially, since I have a warm body and 2 fur babies to help...hehe... glad you get to enjoy a day off with no medical appointments...

Lana - coffee on the way! Then, send them my way...hehe

Lunch with fam, today. Not sure if that will include bringing Gpa home... he was a bit confused, yesterday... Will definitely visit with him, either way...

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello Everybody~~

My head is a little disfunctional today because I got really choppy sleep and not enough of it.

Ash - Glad to hear that Mr. Man is a thumbs up. Bummer about shoulder.

Dawn - Glad to hear that you made it out to family.

Can both of you take ibuprofen/Advil to reduce the inflammation? That's what I like about Advil--it actually DOES something. Tylenol just fiddles with your perception of pain.

Sara - Happy Cooking Day for you, after your shopping.

I've packed up a small but critical amount of painting supplies that will ultimately go with me to Wyoming. I am dragging along a bathing suit, in case I can go with my friend to her health club to do the water exercise class while I'm there.

OK, is it time for a nap?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Is Tess taking a nap as well? I hear a distant snoring.....

Kathryn has her big jamboree this weekend...

Waving to them and all who stop by later on~~

Now, it's definitely nap time.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lana - yes, I have been taking Ibuprofen... think it's kinda working...

Bought a new pair of jeans and T Shirt, yesterday... couldn't pass up price...$10 for "end of season" jeans... have to admit, they're men's... but, they are better than the women's skinny jeans... do companies not realize, not all women are size 4 with toothpick legs? These fit great, pockets on the back are big and a little odd.... but, I'm all about comfort and they are actually cute... not bad, $17 for entire outfit...

Gpa did get to come home for lunch... didn't eat much, now napping in his chair... he is so ready to be home...I think our biggest obstacle is Gma... she doesn't want a stranger in her house and, I think, her biggest issue is watching the man she loves "disappear" right in front of her... he's been in the nursing home for exactly 1 year...1 year too long... but, the way to get him home is a chore itself... just really don't know what to do..

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    nap time!! may happen between waves of domesticity- laundry /dishwasher/oven on - celery set up for hummus/work and fried rice tonight. Next wave will be making rice and cooking collard greens. Potatoes and carrots are roasting bought a soy base chicken teriyaki packet to go with potatoes carrots- so they are taken care of.

Searching for wide box toe shoes that I can wear to work - cannot buy online but try on so I wait - I am doing research on brands that get better reviews.