Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

sorry to hear about the various injuries. :( hope and pray you all heal well and good so you can be back to your whole selves soon.

I've had a pretty busy weekend... did my 5k freedom run and came in at 43 min for 5.3 km. pretty darn proud of myself! (*grins from ear to ear*)

am hurting today though... my shins, my back, my butt... will have to train more ... definitely enjoyed the free burgers and chips afterwards for all runners. it was a rare treat to stop at taco bell afterwards, so I couldn't resist there either (*blush*)... did some shopping, came home and cleaned... came in at over 21,000 steps.

WI this morning was 189.4... up a pound from yesterday... so I vowed to move a lot today. met a friend a hadn't seen in 25 years to walk our dogs. was out for over 3 hours...roughly 17,000 steps today... did a lot of baking and prepping for tomorrow. it's my birthday and in Germany it is customary for the birthday person to bring treats for everyone. seems weird but that's how it is... I've prepped a big veggie tray, a huge bowl of fresh fruit and some sugar cookies (all while finishing a bottle (! not just a glass *blushing again*) of wine. now I'm off to bed. have agreed rest of the day everyone!
    B)
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Is Tess taking a nap as well? I hear a distant snoring.....

I do NOT snore...as loudly as I used to. ;)

Dawn, sorry about your injury but am glad you were still able to visit with your family, especially your Grandpa. It must be heartbreaking to see the changes but I firmly believe that there is part of his brain that still recognizes you all.

Ash, sorry for your shoulder as well - that sounds painful! But how nice that you and the Man had a nice second date. And congrats on your new weight “decade”!

Birgit, congrats on the 5K - I’m so impressed! And Happy Birthday!

Sara, once again your out me to shame with all you get accomplished in a day. Enjoy your short work week! I have one too but my Friday will be like your past ones - to the PCP in the morning for my annual physical and to the vet in the afternoon for Kitty #1’s annual.

Lana, when do you go to Wisconsin? I think I missed reading a few posts...

Kathryn, hope the jamboree was fun! Sherri, thinking of you tonight while watching the NHL playoffs; my beloved Caps are not doing well... Waves to everyone else who is wandering by.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, weight up a pound considering my eating that does not surprise. However time to quit the extras and drink more herbal tea/water.....rolling eyes.

Lana- it is Wyoming or Wisconsin ? Both are west of you :/ I thought it was Wyoming......keep us straight will you??

Tess - this coming Friday is hair and car - so as far as I know nothing medical.....Couple weeks 2 more in one day on a Wednesday - how the appointments multiply.

Living off Ash's "woo" fumes - sending encouraging thoughts.

Oatmeal on stove but will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning everybody!

A big Happy Birthday to Birgit! Enjoy your little feast there~~ I cannot even imagine doing your number of steps--Wow! I wonder how many miles you walked. Good for you!

Tess - I think you got the same huge thunderstorms in DC as the ones that passes through here. Everything OK with you? We had a tornado watch too!

Dawn - Since I am tall, I own a lot of men's pants. Enjoy yours--what a nice price!
    Hugs about your grandparents. So difficult all around. I hope that your ankle is not badly aggravated by work today. Any benefit to wrapping gently in an Ace bandage? Put is up on your lunch break. Avoid very salty foods.

Sara - Enjoy another short work week - no medical, just hair and car sounds good.
    And yes, my April 24th trip will be going to Wyoming, with overnight in Denver on the way.

Waves to Kathryn and Ash and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I have kids coming in for tutoring in a bit, but I wanted to stop by and share my WI. :smiley:

CW 256.7
    HW 268.6
    GW 225
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Ashrenalls wrote: »
    Good morning!

I have kids coming in for tutoring in a bit, but I wanted to stop by and share my WI. :smiley:

CW 256.7
    HW 268.6
    GW 225

Woo HOO, Ash! That’s a great WI!

Lana, you’re holding strong as well in the WI front. Kudos all around.

(Last night was terrible, storm-wise. Torrential rains, high winds. Lots of flooding this morning. No tornado, thankfully!)

Back to work,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Birthday Birgit!! Extra Karma Points for you for bringing something healthier as well.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Whew! I have a lot of posts to catch up on!

Am home safe & sound (but rather sore) from a very long weekend Jeepin' in Tennessee! It was a great time! Cant wait to go back!

Last year a couple of Jeeps had been stolen from hotel parking lots so I had been hypervigilant on keeping an eye on the Jeep at the hotel this weekend. Saturday night, every time I would wake up through the night, I would look down and see it tucked in it's parking spot below our window. All was right with the world until about 8am Sunday when I looked out and saw an empty spot. My stomach dropped. A million thoughts & emotions running through my mind as I yelled for my husband to wake up. He rushes to window and looks out. Then asks, "you don't have your glasses on?" And points to our TJ a few spots over.... oops!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Birgit- Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed your day and your treats...I don't like people making a big deal about my birthday (age thing) but, sharing treats with friends/family would be nice...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Is Tess taking a nap as well? I hear a distant snoring.....

I do NOT snore...as loudly as I used to. ;)

Dawn, sorry about your injury but am glad you were still able to visit with your family, especially your Grandpa. It must be heartbreaking to see the changes but I firmly believe that there is part of his brain that still recognizes you all.

Ash, sorry for your shoulder as well - that sounds painful! But how nice that you and the Man had a nice second date. And congrats on your new weight “decade”!

Birgit, congrats on the 5K - I’m so impressed! And Happy Birthday!

Sara, once again your out me to shame with all you get accomplished in a day. Enjoy your short work week! I have one too but my Friday will be like your past ones - to the PCP in the morning for my annual physical and to the vet in the afternoon for Kitty #1’s annual.

Lana, when do you go to Wisconsin? I think I missed reading a few posts...

Kathryn, hope the jamboree was fun! Sherri, thinking of you tonight while watching the NHL playoffs; my beloved Caps are not doing well... Waves to everyone else who is wandering by.

Tess

Thank you... right now, Gpa is remembering everyone... he just gets confused and asks the same question, repeatedly... like, what day it is, who's going where when...he has good days and bad... right now, good outweighs bad...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

A big Happy Birthday to Birgit! Enjoy your little feast there~~ I cannot even imagine doing your number of steps--Wow! I wonder how many miles you walked. Good for you!

Tess - I think you got the same huge thunderstorms in DC as the ones that passes through here. Everything OK with you? We had a tornado watch too!

Dawn - Since I am tall, I own a lot of men's pants. Enjoy yours--what a nice price!
    Hugs about your grandparents. So difficult all around. I hope that your ankle is not badly aggravated by work today. Any benefit to wrapping gently in an Ace bandage? Put is up on your lunch break. Avoid very salty foods.

Sara - Enjoy another short work week - no medical, just hair and car sounds good.
    And yes, my April 24th trip will be going to Wyoming, with overnight in Denver on the way.

Waves to Kathryn and Ash and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

236.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Thank you... love my jeans! My ankle survived the day... it's talking to me, tonight... had to do some running on lunch, so was unable to put it up...thought about wrapping it, think it may help... I'll see how it is on payday and might get a wrap...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - glad you had a good weekend... always sounds so fun when you talk about your Jeep adventures
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    Happy Tuesday morning all.

thanks for the birthday wishes. I woke up this morning, 49 years old now and up another pound. WI at 190.2.... since I know exactly why and I am an adult now (most of the time) I'm not going to stress over it, log and prepare my food for today and get back on track... until tomorrow... when its our anniversary.... another dinner out. but i can and will do this! 36 more days until the sunny beaches of the canary islands.....

the weather here in Germany is gorgeous, temps today in the mid 80s... I keep seeing all the horrible weather reports just about everywhere else: floods, tornadoes, hail storms, snow. stay safe everyone, not sure where you all are. Spring is around the corner and it is coming. eventually.

wishing everyone a great day!

B)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning. 40 degrees based on weather report - Chilly April and quite a bit of showers yesterday - good news the trend is for rest of week to be dry and warmer.

Birgit glad you had a good birthday - glad you are not living for a number on the scale. Keep us posted on your countdown to vacation - how long are you there.

Kathryn - I am sorry, I did have to laugh - its like looking for your glasses and you are wearing them!! Glad the outcome was okay.

Dawn - compression is one of the first aid for ankles - they also sell elastic bandages ( I have had a time finding an ace bandage) which might work and be easier to find...... I am glad it is not as bad as it could have been......

Supervisor came by yesterday (I was gone Friday) to tell me she is going on her 2nd cruise in 6 months - she will have been away from work 6 weeks in 6 months. I wasnt terribly excited for her as I have to be expensive shoes for my feet and my budget is tight.

My victory last night- no sweets after dinner - bought rice cakes (Lundberg a local company) that are thinner with hummus was my snack. Ate enough sugar at work.

Okay, time to scoot, lurking at work. Make it your best Tuesday.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

Just a quick checking in. The scale is WAY up. I went all out yesterday, and it shows. Blech.

So, I got in some walking today, but I do have leftovers in the fridge. Yes, I will likely eat most of it today.

As Tony Soprano would say, "What are ya gonna do." It was never actually a question; more like a statement of how it is. It just is this way right now.

Lana

239.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Good going with finding the thin rice cakes! Good for you!
    I hope that you can find some good shoes without breaking the budget.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. J.P Morgan

His birthday and a good quote to pass along........
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well, I tried wrapping last night...SO wrapped it nice and snug, still comfortable...I made the mistake of falling asleep.... woke up with intense pain in side of foot and ankle.. guessing, because there wasn't much movement, just too stiff with zero flexibility...

• birgitwebster
    Options
    Happy Wednesday.

half way through yet another week. this has been my worst week since I started this journey (this time around) at the end if November.

went all over my calories on the weekend. didn't even log any of my food. after the 5k I felt I "deserved" any bit of food coming my way. though I had lots of steps and exercise Saturday and Sunday. actually I think that's why I felt so entitled. Monday was my birthday... so of course anything goes on your birthday.. yesterday i spent all day sitting in a class.... cane home from work and barely had 2,000 steps... took the dig, and went on the treadmill to make it to 11,000. but then I sat down and had a fat burger and fries (my absolute downfall) for dinner.

today is our anniversary. 27 years. that "deserves" a little something special, doesn't it? so no counting calories today and dinner out tonight....

and through it all the vacation keeps coming closer. WI still at 190.2... instead of down I'm going up... so frustrated. and I know myself well enough to know that this is the point where I lose my motivation.... argh. please pray for me.

but . the weather is nice, mid 70s. planning for my regular 30 min walk at lunch and maybe squeeze in the treadmill before dinner.

have a great day. B)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, I know Birgit said it, but it keeps me on track.....

Birgit - anniversary / birthdays understandable, how many weeks to vacation? One meal/week does not make a "diet" - so after your anniversary day, sit down and find one thing to start doing again -treadmill daily? , remove extra calories (sweets etc).

Cheese zucchini enchilada I made for lunch in ziploc bag- put a serving of broccoli in bag to help keep the meal large enough to try and stop the extra munching.

Warmer this morning, but still back to bed sounds good as it is warm.

Wave to all who follow.