Serial Starters

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Tess - thank you... I'll survive... just had to whine...I don't typically push any kind of food...we just had a meeting about Science Diet (sold at my clinic) and, a big part of the discussion was about weight loss and diabetes...I know, Science Diet isn't cheap, that's why I don't push it... but, if you would be interested, they recommend Metabolic food...the Rep said it is best for losing weight... I will be honest, I don't feed Science Diet as I can't afford it... that's why I don't push it... but, I want to help fur babies anyway I can, so I pass along my knowledge (however little it may be)

Hey Dawn - thanks for the advice! We know Science Diet well, as the fur babies are on the I/D formula, thanks to Kitty #1’s sensitive tummy (the fact she was such a gassy kitten should been a warning...) Our doc said we might have to switch to the metabolic formula if she doesn’t lose some pounds through more exercise and switching from free feeding (leaving the bowls out all day) to scheduled feeding. We’ll see.

“Welcome” to jbutterflylove (and anyone else I missed)! Good for you for saying “I’m not gonna wait - gonna start now.” Love your approach to making small changes at a time. It helps to build good habits, especially with the intensely busy life you have.

Back to hockey playoff game. Will check in later.

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

I managed to piece together 2.1 miles of walking today.

Crashing into bed soon.

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Watched Mr Smith goes to Washington - netflix allows me to watch movies before my time......

Trying to train dog to sleep in other chair with me, may take some getting used to.

Sleep well. Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY - Happy Earth Day

Good morning. Groceries then cooking. Most of to do list done yesterday.

Switched recliners - I bought 2 one for dog/guest- dog sleeps with me and after 2 years one is worn in and one not, so dog looking at me like??? but she slept with me last night.....

Making zucchini enchiladas again more zucchinis almost made more enchiladas and thought what do I need with 8?? So more filling this time >:)

Back to sleep. bbl.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara - I love zucchini!

Well, somehow I have managed to bash the number back down to within .4 of last week. Considering that midweek I was up to 239, I will take 236.6 gladly.

I am one of those people who worries about whether I will get hungry later. Beck mentions this in the beginning of her book.

Yesterday, I went to store and got some Clif bars for the upcoming trip. I am hoping that having these in my bag will keep me from overeating at airports/on planes while traveling on Tuesday and Wednesday. If I can't control the 4 travel days on either end of this Wyoming trip, I will be *kittened*.

"oh Cabana Boy - more black coffee please"......

Lana

236.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - walking is your best friend- airports and train stations are large walking areas. We want details when you get there - I have been to Wyoming but Tetons National park is in the "corner" you may be in a whole different geography......

Bad girl - stayed away from cookie section- bought little packets of dried cranberries and nuts. A compromise of sorts. Also bought 2 "bowls" for lunches. Ran out of ideas and got lazy.

Moved digital alarm clock into room I sleep in - only took nearly 2 years.....so I can sleep in darker room. Gave dog chance to sleep in either chair so I hope it works okay for her getting in and out.

Free coffee/bottled water and soccer on large screen tv next. Cooking and house cleaning on my to do list.
  • tlsb2016
    Finally! After several plateau weeks, the scale moved downward 1.6. Patience is not one of my virtues...

Lana, keep us posted on the Wyoming trip! I’ve never been.

Happy Earth Day to all! Love the festive green outfits the C-boys are wearing today....

BBL,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tess just for Earth Day the cboys outfits are biodegradable....
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    hi all.

lana. yay on the walking. bring on the cabana boys :)

tess. I feel ya. my weight finally budged today, too. not much, 190.2 to 189.4.... but after not going anywhere for a while it felt good.

jbutterflylove. how did your first day go? did you start?

so today was the day off the big family bbq... way too much food and champagne.... but I got up early this morning, walked/ran 50 min/3.25 miles. hope that made up for it. ending the day at almost 19,000 steps. let's see what tomorrow brings.

there is this 7 day bikini boot camp workout i plan to start tomorrow. let's see what that does... am not quite to the bikini body yet. 30 days until vacation.

well, I've had a long and busy day. it's 11 pm and I'm ready to call it a day.

keep on keeping on. B)

current 189.4
    highest 206.9
    goal 175
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Bag of shredded zucchini in freezer for next month's enchilada fix...... made 5 have 4 for leftovers - lunches will be interesting this week as I have not planned them as well as I usually do.......poop.

Only 2 problems with warmer weather - cant hide behind your clothes as well and sunscreen.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537

Congratulations to all the Losers! And the walkers, and the cooks, and the peeps just relaxing for a change on a Sunday~~

My friend lives in Lander, Wyoming, which is a small town in a flat valley with mountains off in the distance. I'm not sure how that town got to be there, but work brought my friend there......

We will spend most of our time just hanging out at her house, along with some early morning water exercise classes weekday mornings. Some walking, but mostly visiting with each other and working in her art studio.
    I am looking forward to this; it will be fun and restful.

Everyone have a good night!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Weight up again - so time to get something changed......

Lana - looked up Lander - sounds like you will have a nice respite from the NYC rhythm.

Slept with lights off for first time in awhile, I fall asleep and forget to turn light off and just didnt bother... we shall see if my sleep improves.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Good morning Sara - I do hope you can improve your sleep. It's important for weight loss they say, and for me, that is true. You will figure out something to shake up your food and exercise routine to get that weight to go.

*tossing sunglasses and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

236.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • birgitwebster
    edited April 2018
    boohoo.... WI this morning 191.... must have been all the champagne yesterday.... back on track... walked 1.6 miles at lunch... logged my food. came home, did my 12 min. bikini boot camp workout (yikes!!!), went to get on my treadmill and it didn't turn on!! :(

seems the transformer blew a fuse... no walking tonight... I suppose I could walk outdoors, but I have already gone with the dog and my home workout attire is not suitable for outside...

so I'm here sulking! started cooking. chicken drumsticks, potatoes, zucchini and red peppers roasted in the oven.

tomorrow us my sister's birthday ... more food after work... and 30 days from today I'll already be on the beach....

*still searching for that bikini body* I know it's in there somewhere, just hidden well...

hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Tata for now. :sunglasses:
  • LanaCabana537

* Two Cabana Boys are rushing to Germany to fix the fuse*

Lana
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick update - my physiotherapist said she thinks I strained my Meniscus, so I stayed off of it all weekend (well no exercise or long walks) & did not do my morning walk/run bc I can't run right now...hahaha but I did try my lunch walk which I normally walk 6.5km but today was only able to do 5.6km & towards the end of my walk I felt every step I took & it is still sore to bend/move it. Had planed on taking the pups for a walk tonight, but may not now depending on my knee feels later.

Saltine - really sorry about your knee. I'm curiuous: what kind of puppies do you have?

Birgit~the brown & white dog Mocha (Male) is a Shih Tzu Papillon, Thumbelina is our (female) more white/cream colour (She desperately needs a haircut...poor baby...lol) she is a Shih Tzu Pekingese they are both 6 years old & my cat is Sabrina she is 16 years old. It is not too often they sit all together without both dogs ganging up on my poor cat, but they were all loving the sun.

Thanks to all who offered advice for my knee, looks like I just may not be able to do anything for a couple days...maybe (as I am not sure that is possible)

Welcome to all the new faces,

Have a great day! :)

~Saltine~ >:)

wy86iba7bbm8.jpg
  • birgitwebster
    edited April 2018
    saltine - they are adorable!
  • birgitwebster
    edited April 2018
    * Two Cabana Boys are rushing to Germany to fix the fuse*

Lana

thanks Lana! much needed... xoxo
  • tlsb2016
    Saltine, so relieved to hear the meniscus or the ligaments aren’t torn! You have my sympathies- soft tissue injuries can take a long time to heal. On another note - your pups are so adorable (as is the kitty!).

Birgit, be gentle with the C-boys - they are traveling a long way to fix your- I mean your treadmill’s - fuse. That Lana sure knows how to make one laugh! And remember, whether your bikini body is visible or a little more hidden, you will still be on vacation on a warm beach!

Hockey playoffs tonight - there may be yelling at the TV...

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Tried to lurk from work, but changed the password and I did not remember it.

Spent most of morning at an urgent care- allergic reaction to BP meds- long story short I have new meds. Need to watch for swollen ankles on the new med....... what fun - new pill new adventures.

2 zucchini enchiladas in toaster.

Saltine - those are adorable pets.

Wishing all a good night.