Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL, Sara - you are right! I should have asked Lana to “pick one out” for me!

Lacey, welcome! You are in good company here. Personally, I had a couple of “bad” food days but what I love about MFP is each day the food diary allows me to start over fresh.

Off to grab a chai at Starbucks and read a book. Maybe do a crossword or two....

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Welcome to Lacey~~

Lana
  • mgr92074
    mgr92074 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried 5 or 6 times to lose weight. This time I've been at it for a month now! Hope this one sticks.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    We need to get a memo to the cboys- more care packages immediately!!
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    We need to get a memo to the cboys- more care packages immediately!!

And liquid refreshments!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog.

Today is cooking and groceries. Washed window yesterday that has not been washed in a loooong time. Better late than never.

Too much hot chocolate and finished GS cookies - scale is calling tomorrow..... just is.

Finished one of the baby blankets and 3/4 done with other. Will work on baby hats again after blankets are done smaller projects when it gets too warm.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Welcome to all the new “faces”. I’m so glad you’ve joined us. I’m Ashley. I’m a middle school teacher and in the middle of the hardest season of the year, so my updates tend to be sporadic at best. I’m a Jesus follower, and I love to pray with/for my fellow Serial Starters! Let me know if you have something specific to pray about!

Birgit, I used Noom for a few days, just to see. I liked the set up, but didn’t want to pay the money. So I came back to MFP and found my this group as an alternative. It’s been pretty awesome.

Yesterday was way over on carbs. Chicken strips for lunch and pizza for dinner. However, I worked really hard on my apartment and I went to the gym. It was a wonderful day.

In other news, turns out the boy likes me! :smiley: His sister came over to help me with my apartment yesterday. She’s awesome. Now I’m all, DUDE, make a move! I’m waiting; she said he has a plan.

Ok. I’ve got to get up and get ready for church. Baby shower after church and lots more school work tonight. At least my apartment is shiny and clean!

Have a great Sunday!
    Ashley

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara and Ash and everyone else who stops by later~~

Welcome to all new peeps!

This morning's weigh in was a surprise, considering that I've been over calories more days than not, lack of exercise and having raisin bran and milk at 1:30AM, putting me way into the red. Human bodies are just odd.

The sun has come out here - Tess I hope you've got some sunshine up in DC.

*tossing beach bag and steamy novel onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

238.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - awesome! I'll never understand how the body works.... that's a huge reason I get so frustrated and give up... so excited for you!

Ash- see you never know... hope he puts his "plan" into motion, soon...

Sara - today is a new day... now that cookies are gone, 1 less thing to tempt you... might be surprised tomorrow, if you move enough today...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Dawn!

Yesterday I watched the movie 3 Billboards in Ebbing Missouri, and then found out they filmed it in North Carolina. That makes me upset somehow. I thought I was going to "see" Missouri!

My best girlfriend from school lives in Wyoming, and some recent film was set in Wyoming but filmed in another nearby state--oh yeh--Wind River? Longmire on Netflix is also that way.

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Hi all,

Lana, congrats on the WI! You’re really trending in a positive direction — good for you!

Sara - “it just is” has become my mantra, along with “it’s a new day and a new chance to try.” And as Dawn and Lana both said, the human body is a mystery.

Ash - exciting news about the boy! Just be your lovely, joyful self, nerves and all. And keep us posted!

Sun is indeed shining here so hoping to spend a lot of time outside. Did the 2-hour Sunday walk this morning which helped with the -.5 pound WI this morning despite some serious over calories during the week. I also did a strength workout yesterday, which helped.

Waves to all. C-boys, I’ll need a massage later so warm up the oil.

Cheers,

Tess
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in. Out for dinner after a hockey game Friday night. Tragedy here in Canada- 15 boys and coaching staff were killed in Saskatchewan a couple of days ago from a highway accident involving their bus and a transport.

Feel like I'm a stalker reading posts of people I don't know- lol.

arniedog- we have morals here as well- too early yet though. We've had a lot of snow the past couple of days, so they won't be around for a bit. Maple syrup season is wrapping up though!

ash- I still get silly around boys too, and I'm married with 3 kids! Fun to see my teenagers and how they act around boys- they are as bad as I was/am! Nothing better than a spring romance to put a bounce in your step!

Off to do some Leslie Sansone I think- too cold outside.

Sherri

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Tess - Congrats on the good weigh in!!!

Sherri - So sad about that accident. I don't know what else to say. Life is often not good.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Jeez. I've been winging it today through breakfast and lunch--did not preplan. So now I have less than 500 calories for my dinner and evening raisin bran and milk. I think dinner will be some scallops and mixed low-starch vegetables.

Juggling!

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Sherri, I had heard about the tragedy when listening to the Washington Caps game yesterday. I thought of you, being in Canada and a hockey mom/fan. I’m so sorry.

Tess
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi all and happy Sunday. today the weather was gorgeous. cleaned the patio and patio furniture, took the dog for a long walk, colored my hair (to get rid of the grey) and just relaxed in the sun. logged all my food, though it was a bit much. a little over 1,700 cals... weight is still at 188.4... steps for today are 11,710. going to bed now. good night. enjoy the rest of your day.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Definitely a "serial starter." Don't know if it's okay to post here - I'm not from weight watchers.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kae - post all you like. This group started at WW and moved over here.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning Dawn!

Yesterday I watched the movie 3 Billboards in Ebbing Missouri, and then found out they filmed it in North Carolina. That makes me upset somehow. I thought I was going to "see" Missouri!

My best girlfriend from school lives in Wyoming, and some recent film was set in Wyoming but filmed in another nearby state--oh yeh--Wind River? Longmire on Netflix is also that way.

Lana

It is kinda disappointing when they do that... like the show "Ozarks" was not filmed in the Ozarks at all...I have not seen 3 Billboards, but heard it is really good... Will watch on pay per view, probably...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Sweet potato shepherds pie made 6 servings (I was aiming for 4), could stick one in freezer bag.... Quiche in oven. Can make burritos anytime this week. Little tired of kitchen.

Temps will be up 20 degrees from Friday tomorrow - will have to live in layers for awhile. Had a dream of my clothes closet- wow nice things! Maybe a good sign of my next thrift store shop!!

I was falling asleep too soon so I got hot chocolate coffee - way too much hot chocolate lately, scale will tell me tomorrow maybe.

Wishing all a good night.