What's the REAL reason you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    vanity, health, the feeling of self control.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My clothes were getting tight and I didn't want to buy new ones. Plus I like how my body felt when I was a little thinner and this extra fat is unfamiliar and weird.

At one point I wanted to lose weight in order to have smaller breasts (I'm transgender in a masculine direction), but now I'm having chest reconstruction surgery soon and I'm less worried about that. It's always nice to feel myself up and find that my breasts are smaller than they were, but now I know that surgery is probably going to happen I am putting less pressure on myself.
  • marian_fit
    marian_fit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To look and feel great... I'm doing this for me and me alone.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    im not thin yet but getting there steadily,been overweight most of my adult life.i feel so much better and more confident the slimmer i get,its a feel good factor i love.ive allways been fat and fit so no health worries its just, the world is such a better place for me as i get smaller.
  • Hexxus94
    Options
    To be totally and completely honest...to look at myself and not want to cry.

To be able ti wear the beautiful clothing that doesn't look as good on a big body.

To say F you to the people that looked down on me and turned me down.

And excuse me, but F being "healthy". Healthy for my family type and body type is NOT what my goal is...I want to be skinny, whether it's something people look down on or not. It's what I want to be.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I want my boyfriend to think I'm hot.
  • NikkiJanye73
    NikkiJanye73 Posts: 242 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I want to wear a bikini again before I die and not look like a whale in it!!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I actually don't care if I thin or big, since I always been big and a lot bigger than I am currently, it normal to me.

But, I know if I want to do the hormone replacement therapy then one day the srs op, I need to be in a healthy weight range, or being overweight will be an excuse for them not to do it.

Hence i sticking to it, not sure I would/could be this focused otherwise.

So thats my reason.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I can do more moves and do them more easily (pole)...I can run faster...I can run longer...my blood sugars behave better. Nice side effect is dropping a few pounds that I gained when I moved out here and was lazy/not exercising.
    I feel more like myself when I don't have those pesky extra pounds hanging on.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be thin, I want to be strong, healthy and have my *kitten* look better in my jeans.

I started this due to major health issues, was getting ready to be put on 24/7 oxygen and life really sucked... now it's for health, to continue seeing what my body can do and of course vanity
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Health.

I realized that my weight was catching up with me and I could no longer enjoy 10 mile hikes in the mountains without severe knee pain and it was hard to hike with other people because I was so slow. I also couldn't ride a bike up even the slightest incline. I realized that even though my bloodwork was perfect, that my 360 pounds was catching up with me.

I didn't love being super-morbidly-obese but I do enjoy being slightly fat. I want to get down to a "chubby" 150-180 pounds with my 5'5" frame. Thinness is not a goal for me. From an aesthetic perspective I would be horrified to be thin the same way many of you would be horrified to be 150-180 pounds! This is for MYSELF only. I don't find thin people unattractive or ugly, it's just my own personal preference for my own body.

If aesthetics were my reason for losing weight, I would have lost weight 30 years ago.. it wasn't until my quality of life started to suffer that I decided to really put my nose to the grindstone and get serious.

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I want to not be fat.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be thin. It really doesn't suit me. I just want to be in the middle of my healthy weight range so that I feel more comfortable in myself.

I love my bootcamp classes and they are more enjoyable when I don't feel my belly jump up and down every time I do a burpy. I can give more energy to my workouts now too and can talk to my friends while running around the track to warm up!!

I also have Crohns disease so getting my nutrition right is really important to me. I want to be able to head out for a day with my family without having to worry that a sudden flare up will leave me in pain and abandoning my plans.

I'm nearly there now. 11st and a size 12 (irish size) seems to be my ideal weight @ 5ft 8"...
  • dhaemon
    dhaemon Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To do more outdoor activities with my family. I want to snowboard! I want to live a lot longer. I want to go to a regular clothing store to buy clothes.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I want to be a better me!
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    marian_fit wrote: »
    To look and feel great... I'm doing this for me and me alone.

This. I don't want to be self conscious in a bikini. I want to look great in any situation.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Been trying to get pregnant for a while now, and would love to lose weight to maybe increase my chances of this happening and to help have a healthy pregnancy.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Honestly since you asked I'm really not sure. I don't give a rat's *kitten* about someone who looks good. I care a lot more about people who show their worth by what they do to take care of others and make the world better. Being thin does nothing to show how one cares for the sick, the poor, the unwanted children etc etc. You know, things that really matter to take care about other than making oneself attractive in the eyes of current culture.

I guess my current reason has to do with me being beyond just obese, and the health implications of that. Yes I want to get back down to as trim as I was before, but again I really don't know why I care. Probably just because I know that the world is shallow and my attempts at advocacy are better received the more I fit the norm of "beauty". How sad is that.

ETA: whoops almost forgot- how "amazing" can you possibly feel if you don't even find yourself beautiful? I mean, really? You are just screaming lack of self-worth and it's hard to rectify that with feeling "amazing". Amazing people know their worth. They don't question their beauty. I know quite a few of them and a lot of them are "obese" and are quite aware of how beautiful and awesome they are.
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    To make me a healthier, happy person all round really. I hate feeling sluggish and overweight. I love having a tight tummy, relaxed and also being so tired from exercising that I have a proper nights sleep .

It would be nice to be able to show my ex-husband how well i'm doing without him but to be honest, I don't actually care what he thinks any more - i'm more concerned keeping my new (ish been living together for two years) younger boyfriend happy :smiley:
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis so the less of me there is to carry around on my joints, the less pain I'm in.