What's the REAL reason you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    To not end up with the same health problems as my parents.....looking good in a bikini is just an added bonus.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    3 reasons: health, vanity and strength... in that order. It started when my doctor said my cholesterol and blood pressure were both borderline. Not any more!
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There were a few:

1. I didn't want to be the "fat friend" anymore
    2. To be 10x hotter than my ex boyfriend's new girlfriend... I LOST the weight, and she seemed to be the one to FIND it.
    3. To finally be comfortable in a bathing suit again!
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lm519oNeUU1qhnbr6o1_400.jpg

You see those hipbone things? I used to have them. I really want them again. Yep, vanity here!

It would also be nice to not struggle with stairs, and to have the elevated confidence that comes with hipbones.
  • TrulyBeee
    TrulyBeee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    I want to show my cheating EX's what a fool they have been :smiley:

YES! I hate for horrible men to encourage me into anything but boy would it be satisfying to just run into one of them one day looking incredible and make them eat my dust in silent rebellion :#>:)
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love fashion and being thinner allows me to shop a wider selection brands and pull off more styles. I feel like I am expressing myself better aesthetically when I fit in a smaller size and the clothes look like they're designed to look.

Only later did I realize what it was doing for my health and that I want to be strong and healthy and able to do everything!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Health. That's what kicked it all off.

But as I started losing, I wanted to be Less Fat. Then I began to dream of Normal Weight. And now, I dare to dream of skinny. Because I want to feel better and LOOK better. Vanity, for sure.

But I'd rather be alive than anything. If they'd told me, "You have to gain 100 pounds to help us fix your liver," sitting down to McDonalds and Dairy Queen every day is what I'd have been doing!

If you're dead, only the pallbearers care what you weighed.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I want to be attractive
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    fitting into those clothes, more confidence, tend to be doormattish, others are not like that when heavy but I seem to stand up for myself more when I am thin and feel better about myself. Also changed jobs when lost weight.
  • tiffanyrosborn
    tiffanyrosborn Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jke78 wrote: »
    I found out I like figs! I'd never had a fig that wan't in a Newton.

Oh my gosh this cracked me up!

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    While health is #2, confidence is #1. I am at a decent weight and am relatively confident, but there is always room for more. It's kind of back and forth (aka fat days vs. skinny days).
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i could not get my wedding ring off and had to go have it cut off...
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So I can be in shape to drag that monster buck out of the woods after I send my 85 grain Grim Reaper broadhead tipped Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 5575 arrow through it's vitals... Yeah I hunt and I eat what I hunt.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hate not being able to fit in cute clothes and getting tired/sick so much.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I want my body to be as strong and capable as my brain, heart and imagination.
  • yoovie
    Options
    It has a lot of catching up to do.
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I was ignoring it before. But I'm at the point where I want to have a child in the next year or two and I need to get my PCOS under control before that can even be a possibility. Plus I have wayyy too many clothes to have to go buy more if I continue the way I have been and they keep getting tighter.
  • Evelyn_IRV
    Evelyn_IRV Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    caimay149 wrote: »
    I want a hot boyfriend.
    I use to be skinny and now I´m 20 lbs heavier, and have had hotter boyfriends now, than when I was thin.

I want to lose weight so people stop telling me, "remember how skinny you were".
  • vegal77
    vegal77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MY goal is to be healthy, fit, to reduce health risks/medical issues and extend my life span as much as possible, and then hopefully as an added benefit to that enjoy losing weight, fitting into smaller clothes, losing those love handles, dating, feeling amazing, and building confidence. I may never be a size 2, and so thin and skinny isn't the main goal, but I do want to be within a reasonable weight range ... a weight that doesn't define me as obese or overweight. I would love to some day be considered "normal" size. And not just to reach it, but to get there and stay there.
  • yoovie
    Options
    caimay149 wrote: »
    I want a hot boyfriend.

I want to keep my hot boyfriend's attention and challenge his skills when we're playing outside.