What's the REAL reason you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It started for vanity reasons, I wanted to be thin like all the other pretty girls. Now it is for health and to finish something that's challenging and to triumph over my demons.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have lots of reasons - wanting to live long for my kids, be around to watch them grow up, get married and have kids of their own. To be healthy and look good.

But the reason I started this journey is because I'm tired of hating how I look, hate having people ask me if i'm pregnant again (when I'm not).
  • Roogura
    Roogura Posts: 11
    Options
    I feel like healthy people are taken more seriously than those who are not. Also, I want to feel good about myself. Back when I used to eat bad food all the time, I felt bad all the time. Eating healthy and being active puts me in a better mood and makes me truly feel better. And having the weight come off, and being thinner as a result also makes me feel better.

Also, I'd be lying if I didn't say a big motivator to me was the dating scene. I feel like I get way more attention from females now that I'm 51 lbs lighter.
  • ekeever46
    Options
    Trying to stay healht. Also want to fit into bridesmaids dresses next year !
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    No more joint pain, lethargy, lack of sleep, feeling bloated, great numbers for BP and blood values. That's why I want to lose weight. If I look good then that's a great bonus.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Also I was a nurse, I don't want to be that fat old lady that nurses dread having to lift and help into a chair or be moved up the bed!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I want to wear cuter clothes, and I want my doctor to shut up.
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    To avoid health problems.
    Be able to look good in fitting clothes.
    To feel/look attractive.
    Stop feeling like I'm being judged for my weight all the time.
    Stop my weight from preventing me to enjoy cosmetology school/my young adult days, like it did to my teens.
  • Withdrawn
    Withdrawn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good about myself.
  • carolinashoregirl
    Options
    I want to be around for my kids for a long time. I also don't want my kids to be embarrassed of their fat mom.
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to look sexy, find myself attractive, and have sexy men and women find me attractive. Also, I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

I'm almost at that point, just gotta get sexy people on board :wink:
  • michaelahurstt
    Options
    I want to be healthy and a size 8-10, I want to look good in clothes and wear a bikini for the first time, and actually be attractive and feel comfortable in my own skin.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Up until the age of 25 I was one of those "naturally slim" people who ate/didn't eat whatever they wanted and didn't gain weight. The ravages of time and an illness have meant that I gain 1kg/month unless I watch my weight. I want to be slim again. There are about 5 things that the illness has brought me (depression, bad sleep etc) that I can't change but the one thing that I can change is weight gain. Also I have breasts. I want them to disappear. I'm 50. I want to glide into old age still staying at my goal weight, watching what I eat and like what I see when I look in the mirror.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I want to be in a pin up in a calendar and a giant *kitten* you to some "friends" who stopped talking to me when I got fat
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was tired of feeling old and creaky. I was tired of feeling bloated and yucky when I got out of bed in the morning. I wanted to set a better example for my kids. I couldn't fit in my clothes and HATED buying bigger sizes. I wanted to head into middle age healthy and strong and fit, not flabby and lazy and tired. I turned 44 two weeks ago. Since June 30 I have lost 18 pounds--20 was my goal, so almost there. I feel like a different person. I am not waking up already feeling stuffed from late night snacking with no exercise. I feel more alert from all the fresh air and movement--my favorite workout is an hour long walk along the lake two blocks from my house.
    and it's more fun to shop now!!!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    To get healthy and fit. Diabetes, heart disease and high cholesterol runs on BOTH sides of my family. Both of my grandmothers died of heart disease in their mid-60s. I'm in my mid-30's. I want to get healthy and fit NOW and hopefully avoid all those health issues. (My mom started having high cholesterol around my age.)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I want to buy bras at a normal store and not have to get the old boring granny styles that cost a fortune.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So that gastroesophagal reflux disease, irritable bowel disease, kidney stones, and fatty liver disease go away.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To live longer for my girls & to stop sitting out on the fun things in life because of my weight!
  • ClassyxInxCamo
    ClassyxInxCamo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to love my own body.