When I eat 1200 cals I put on weight

Options

Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    How long have you tried eating at 1200 for. If you are eating at less than 1000 and esp 500 you may get some rebound weight gain when you up your calories but it would only be a week or so before it settled out again.
  • TweedAddict
    TweedAddict Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Things like the odd 1.2 is when I've eaten out, always choose somewhere they do cals on menus, but if it's exactly the same thing as on mfp I get the closest possible thing to I've eaten and adjust the cals so it's over the cals it says on the menu, so I'm not hiding cals
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    you are either wrong about what is happening, or you are unwell. i suggest going to a doctor and telling them exactly what you told us, that you are eating (or thinking you should eat) 500 calories a day to lose weight and think you are gaining if you eat more than that. see what they say.
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    I do weight everything. Very very strict. And as you see some days I don't eat much at all.

Been keeping a record for 3months, only too lose the last 2 1/2 months when changing phone, and can't remember log in for past account. In that time not lost any weight. Doing what I am doing now. Eating one meal per day really and a snack.
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Just looked at your diary. Think it's self explanatory

Please enlighten me???
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' plus a fraction and I have to go under 1000 to lose--I have medical approval--but I'm also much older than you and have some other medical issues. It's entirely possible that you have a low caloric need as well. I have to weigh food to get as an accurate count as possible although nothing is absolutely correct of course. Take your log and go to the doctor.
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    It's as accurate as I can get if haven't cooked the food myself. There are 2 cases of that in my diary anyway, so not like it's every meal. It still doesn't make sense even with that being wrong
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and saw that you had Walkers Quavers Cheese 20.5g package ...yes it was low in calories ... but did you realize that it is made of potato starch, sunflower oil and flavorings? Try eating more healthful foods ... like regular food ... fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, fresh meat, milk, eggs .... your body just doesn't like what you are eating and it is probably eating up your muscles and bones while packing away the packaged food .... which also may be making you retain a lot of fluid in your intestines. Just stop the packaged food for 1 week and eat regular food .... ok? Please do it for yourself.
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Things like the odd 1.2 is when I've eaten out, always choose somewhere they do cals on menus, but if it's exactly the same thing as on mfp I get the closest possible thing to I've eaten and adjust the cals so it's over the cals it says on the menu, so I'm not hiding cals
    You're not hiding calories. You are guessing calories. A lot. And some days are half logged. Who eats 2 candy bars all day and that's it?

Me very often. Like I said, I want to know what's wrong. That diary is 100% what I've eaten. My partner can confirm that.

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Quote: If I eat 1200 cals I put on weight about 1-2kg per week

Gaining 4 pounds a week on 1200 calories? It means you are somehow able to break a fundamental law of physics, and need to consult a Physicist.You are creating more mass than energy required? I'm sorry, this is not possible. Not even a person in a chronic vegetative state gains weight on 1200 calories a day.
    Water retention or bad scale.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Please enlighten me???
    You've only been logging for two weeks. A lot of those days are incomplete or you've gone over. A lot of those entries say generic or are homemade which equals inadequate or inaccurate logging. As someone else pointed out there are days you only have cake logged or a candy bar? Yet you're saying you want to eat healthy? You also stated that you scan everything by bar code, yet hardly anything is recorded this way. I smell Troll
    self explanatory
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    So lets work on the assumption that you are logging accurately by weighing everything or using barcodes etc.

Also lets assume you lose your lower estimate of 2 lbs per week at 1200 calories per day

This would mean your TDEE is 200 calories per day

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that even a medical condition could result in a TDEE that low so the only answer goes back to logging inaccuracies

Also when you see your doctor I think you should discuss eating disorders as well because being willing to push yourself down to 500 calories per day in an attempt to lose weight is not a healthy attitude
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I took a peek at your diary and saw that you had Walkers Quavers Cheese 20.5g package ...yes it was low in calories ... but did you realize that it is made of potato starch, sunflower oil and flavorings? Try eating more healthful foods ... like regular food ... fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, fresh meat, milk, eggs .... your body just doesn't like what you are eating and it is probably eating up your muscles and bones while packing away the packaged food .... which also may be making you retain a lot of fluid in your intestines. Just stop the packaged food for 1 week and eat regular food .... ok? Please do it for yourself.

uh... this is not true. eating healthier food is great but the contents of your calories doesnt make you lose weight or gain weight, the quantity of colories does. and eating "empty calories" does not make your body reject it and eat your bones and muscles instead.

• TweedAddict
    Options

Please enlighten me???
    You've only been logging for two weeks. A lot of those days are incomplete or you've gone over. A lot of those entries say generic or are homemade which equals inadequate or inaccurate logging. As someone else pointed out there are days you only have cake logged or a candy bar? Yet you're saying you want to eat healthy? You also stated that you scan everything by bar code, yet hardly anything is recorded this way. I smell Troll
    self explanatory

No not a troll, 100% honest in this. Birthday cake was my birthday and my mood was so low I over ate. I've also said that I've lost my other account when I changed over phones.
    No I want to eat healthy, just I can't seem too, as put on weight. I don't even care if lose any weight as long as its not put on. When I've only eaten 2 twixs I've had a bad day- low mood and thought some very horrible things about my self.

I want to be able to eat healthy, I want to be healthy. I'm not a troll, honest
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    As for barcodes, new phone and getting used to it. Wasn't set up the same way as my last one. So yes, the first part of my diary doesn't have any. And where I have had signal and have to able to use I now do.

Wish I hadn't of lost my last details. Typical crap me
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Please enlighten me???

Take Thursday (9th) for example you had a drink of tea for breakfast and a hot chocolate for lunch, 6th + 7th can't be right.

Your rarely eat 1000 calories.