When I eat 1200 cals I put on weight

Options

Replies

• TweedAddict
    TweedAddict Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    It's as accurate as I can get if haven't cooked the food myself. There are 2 cases of that in my diary anyway, so not like it's every meal. It still doesn't make sense even with that being wrong
    Then if you insist that you are doing everything right, go to the doctor.

Or tell us what you want to hear. What do you think the problem is?

I don't want to go the doctor only for them to say "look your holding onto water weight" or something like that. I've been messed around by doctors before so want to go in and say. "Done that, that and that. So no it's not that, please do something"

I don't want to be fobbed off any more by them.
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Just looked at your diary. Think it's self explanatory

Please enlighten me???

Take Thursday (9th) for example you had a drink of tea for breakfast and a hot chocolate for lunch, 6th + 7th can't be right.

Your rarely eat 1000 calories.

No it is right :( 100% as close as too what I can record.

Can I ask how so you guys log food if you've eaten out? That seems to of been something that I've been pulled up on. So how?
  • Chuckermyfitnesspal
    Options
    I find that when I eat too few calories, I gain weight.

If I get into a "feeling hungry" state during a day, I know I waited too long to eat and my body is already going into starvation mode and my metabolism starts to drop and I often get cold because my body temp goes down.

Evolution is a _____
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    It's as accurate as I can get if haven't cooked the food myself. There are 2 cases of that in my diary anyway, so not like it's every meal. It still doesn't make sense even with that being wrong
    Then if you insist that you are doing everything right, go to the doctor.

Or tell us what you want to hear. What do you think the problem is?

I don't want to go the doctor only for them to say "look your holding onto water weight" or something like that. I've been messed around by doctors before so want to go in and say. "Done that, that and that. So no it's not that, please do something"

I don't want to be fobbed off any more by them.

Well, you don't want to accept the reality that you're not logging correctly. You don't want to seek medical attention. I guess there is nothing anyone here can do for you.

I am going to seek medical attention, I've got appointment on Tuesday, just really don't to be fobbed off and told to food log or something. My medical condition- sticky blood,means it's really hard near impossible to take blood also I've got alot of scarring in my veins due to being very ill years ago and spending almost an year in (a local enablment) hospital, and having to be on a long term drip at the time.
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Peeked at your diary as most others here have too. You are not even eating food. You breakfast is Tea. You are not putting things in your body to be metabolized. Even if you logged tea for breakfast, you aren't eating lunch either.

I was 30 lbs. heavier 5 months ago. I only drank coffee for breakfast. Had only an apple for lunch. Ate dinner and never left a morsel. Would come home from dinner and wood down ice cream. I swear the scale went up everyday.

I found my way here, started to eat consistant and healthy and the weight is coming off.

Gaining, there was nothing wrong with me. It was what and how I was putting in my mouth.

We can't help. You have to give up excuses and trade them for food.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I find that when I eat too few calories, I gain weight.

If I get into a "feeling hungry" state during a day, I know I waited too long to eat and my body is already going into starvation mode and my metabolism starts to drop and I often get cold because my body temp goes down.

Evolution is a _____

Wat? Everything here is wrong.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You rarely eat 1000 calories let alone 1200 I'm not here to shove food down your throat trust me I have a hard time eating myself but you need to try to eat more and make sure you are drinking enough fluids..make sure your foods are also low in sodium....aim for an average rather than a set number try 1200-1600.....add things in like yogurt, nuts and peanut butter...good luck!
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    muggzie399 wrote: »
    Peeked at your diary as most others here have too. You are not even eating food. You breakfast is Tea. You are not putting things in your body to be metabolized. Even if you logged tea for breakfast, you aren't eating lunch either.

I was 30 lbs. heavier 5 months ago. I only drank coffee for breakfast. Had only an apple for lunch. Ate dinner and never left a morsel. Would come home from dinner and wood down ice cream. I swear the scale went up everyday.

I found my way here, started to eat consistant and healthy and the weight is coming off.

Gaining, there was nothing wrong with me. It was what and how I was putting in my mouth.

We can't help. You have to give up excuses and trade them for food.

Sorry if you've missed understood what I'm saying. :) I'm trying to answer and explain things as they are. I'm not the best at writing things on forums, one thing leads to something else and then I've forgotten to include an important part. My other diary shows I was gaining weight on 1200, I coukd kill my self having lost it. I'm sorry, I'm trying the best I can to answer things and say how things are. Not making excuses just very much wanting to get the bottom of this and asking for genuine help
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    You rarely eat 1000 calories let alone 1200 I'm not here to shove food down your throat trust me I have a hard time eating myself but you need to try to eat more and make sure you are drinking enough fluids..make sure your foods are also low in sodium....aim for an average rather than a set number try 1200-1600.....add things in like yogurt, nuts and peanut butter...good luck!

Ok so I need to keep in mind the sodium. Thank you.

I try to balance the percentage chart thing to what it says on mfp. Is this the right thing to do?
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You need to use measuring cups, measuring spoons, a food scale in order to get precise food measurements.

As for macros, that is up to you, and probably best you speak with your doctor about. Some people have equal macros across the board, others go all fats, others all protein, others all carbs. When in doubt, seek help from a professional doctor or nutritionist.
  • hkg29
    hkg29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would pass out if that was all I ate in a day! There is a reason that the saying "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is so well known. You need to eat 3 balanced meals a day - it is as simple as that.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed - even if your metabolism is slow or your thyroid under active or whatever else, you body cannot just create fat.

Eat 3 balanced meals a day and drink plenty of water, then reassess the situation.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Please enlighten me???

Take Thursday (9th) for example you had a drink of tea for breakfast and a hot chocolate for lunch, 6th + 7th can't be right.

Can I ask how so you guys log food if you've eaten out? That seems to of been something that I've been pulled up on. So how?
    Most companies have nutritional info online. Unless you take a scale with you and weigh the food there, it's hard to know if your portion is accurate, but at least you're in the ballpark. You can always add some to be on the safe side, if you like.

Today, I ate in a place that refuses to release calories, so I had to guess. It sucks and I'm not eating there again. (A pox on TDO!)

When you make things at home, you have to enter every ingredient. Weigh solids and measure liquids. I save the meal, then split the finished recipe up into Tupperware bowls and then every time I have one, I enter .25 (or .20 or however many bowls) of the meal. It isn't EXACT-exact, but over the course of the week, it becomes exact. If I eat .19 one day and .21 another, it still works out to 1.0 of the total when it's all gone. :)

Weigh those candy bars, too. Sometimes things are more than the wrappers say they are.

Weigh every damn thing.

Good luck. :)

• TweedAddict
    Options
    hkg29 wrote: »
    I would pass out if that was all I ate in a day! There is a reason that the saying "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is so well known. You need to eat 3 balanced meals a day - it is as simple as that.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed - even if your metabolism is slow or your thyroid under active or whatever else, you body cannot just create fat.

Eat 3 balanced meals a day and drink plenty of water, then reassess the situation.

I love to eat 3 meals. I love food, hence getting fat. Look at yesterdays for example. I was out on a Cubs trip so did eat more then normal, but was walking around much more then normal. I put on 1.3 kg. and it was still 58 cals remaining after including the walking
  • TweedAddict
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Please enlighten me???

Most companies have nutritional info online. Unless you take a scale with you and weigh the food there, it's hard to know if your portion is accurate, but at least you're in the ballpark. You can always add some to be on the safe side, if you like.

Today, I ate in a place that refuses to release calories, so I had to guess. It sucks and I'm not eating there again. (A pox on TDO!)

When you make things at home, you have to enter every ingredient. Weigh solids and measure liquids. I save the meal, then split the finished recipe up into Tupperware bowls and then every time I have one, I enter .25 (or .20 or however many bowls) of the meal. It isn't EXACT-exact, but over the course of the week, it becomes exact. If I eat .19 one day and .21 another, it still works out to 1.0 of the total when it's all gone. :)

Weigh those candy bars, too. Sometimes things are more than the wrappers say they are.

Weigh every damn thing.

Good luck. :)

Thank you for that. I weight things then dish up 60/40 giving my partner the bigger portion but still log as 1 meal. Or log as 1 and only eat 75% so it's not over.
  • jp0202
    jp0202 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Rachel.

Hope you're well. I'll comment on what strikes me immediately when looking at your diary and this topic.

1. I would start preparing meals myself if I were you and eat real whole foods, not ready made packaged meals. These are often full of things that can inhibit your weight loss.
    Boil a chicken breast and chuck in some chopped vegetables with it - that's your lunch. and takes minutes to do. There's plenty of easy recipes out there.

2. Second thing is how often and what you eat. You have days when you have tea for breakfast, twix for lunch and then chicken wrap in the evening. I would suggest you try to eat 3 smaller meals per day plus 2, 3 healthy snacks. If you need help with meals/snacks ideas let me know.

3. I think you're definitely undereating. That's probably the most common mistake. If you don't eat enough your body slows down metabolism to save on energy expenditure so really it's counter productive. Plus you feel crap. Calculate your maintenance calorie level and stick to eating that much for 3-4 weeks. Observe results. You may be surprised in that you start loosing weight. If not go down by 100 calories. Again, give time and observe if it works. You won't see results in couple of days, give it another 3-4 weeks. It's a process, it won't happen overnight, you have to be patient.

Hope this helps at all. If you need help with anything shout.