When I eat 1200 cals I put on weight

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    even if you're miscalculating, I doubt it's by half. have thyroid checked ever? report tsh #s back here if so!

EUGH. NO. NO. NO.

You are making a mockery of people with actual thyroid problems. Thyroid problems only make you gain a little bit of water weight, and that's it. Fat people need to stop using it as an excuse. Just come to terms with the fact that you overate and didn't exercise enough. That has nothing to do with your thyroid.

Why on earth would you say this? And boy are you misinformed...and snarky as well. Please grow up...smh
    lol, you're back at it?

Did they teach manners back in the 70s?
  • dbmata
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Seriously, what is a packet?
    After googling, it's either male genitalia or a small box of food (aka take out, but I'm guessing smaller than take away which most British people complain about being 2000-3000 calories each).

I'm hoping it's #2.

Male genitalia.... HAHAHAHA. That's quite the hot pocket.
  • dbmata
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    even if you're miscalculating, I doubt it's by half. have thyroid checked ever? report tsh #s back here if so!

EUGH. NO. NO. NO.

You are making a mockery of people with actual thyroid problems. Thyroid problems only make you gain a little bit of water weight, and that's it. Fat people need to stop using it as an excuse. Just come to terms with the fact that you overate and didn't exercise enough. That has nothing to do with your thyroid.

Why on earth would you say this? And boy are you misinformed...and snarky as well. Please grow up...smh

Insulting other is against the rules, you know. I could keep reporting your posts that do it but I thought I'd just mention it and possibly save everyone some work.
    This post above by WalkingAlong is the perfect example of the nonsense that's going on with the site with the flag feature. She points out a fact as in a tactful way and her post gets flagged. I hope the Mods realize the nonsense and start banning people that abuse that feature.

And the last thing I'm doing is acting as a WK with WalkAlong because as she herself will verify, I argue with her a lot. A lot.

To be fair, this probably hasn't changed much since before the change. I'm sure everyone reported everyone else who they thought was being mean. There were likely hundreds of reports a day, we just couldn't see them. Everyone tends to get their panties in a wad, and it's up to the mods to sort it out. I don't envy them...
    Yea you are right. Now we are just aware of all the reporting. Mods have a tough job policing.
    Dude, LosinMama1966 is flagging every post you make. lol.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Love how Rachel is peeking in from time to time, updating us, answering questions, and still trying to participate in her own discussion. Hang in there, and good luck Girlie!! :smile:
  • smil3ygirl
    smil3ygirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

EUGH. NO. NO. NO.

Insulting other is against the rules, you know. I could keep reporting your posts that do it but I thought I'd just mention it and possibly save everyone some work.
    This post above by WalkingAlong is the perfect example of the nonsense that's going on with the site with the flag feature. She points out a fact as in a tactful way and her post gets flagged. I hope the Mods realize the nonsense and start banning people that abuse that feature.

And the last thing I'm doing is acting as a WK with WalkAlong because as she herself will verify, I argue with her a lot. A lot.

To be fair, this probably hasn't changed much since before the change. I'm sure everyone reported everyone else who they thought was being mean. There were likely hundreds of reports a day, we just couldn't see them. Everyone tends to get their panties in a wad, and it's up to the mods to sort it out. I don't envy them...
    Yea you are right. Now we are just aware of all the reporting. Mods have a tough job policing.

Well, shoot, I was trying to figure out what the "flagging" conversation is about, hit a flag to look at one, and ending up flagging someone's post, which will now alert the mods (which was unintended, mods, in case you see the one post I accidentally flagged).

I think it's strange we can see the posts that have been flagged because, well, I'd say that abuse is in the perception (some people think honesty is abuse), and I also think it prompts people to just hop on the horse, so to speak.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    How, Mr M?
  • lgpperry1
    lgpperry1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably freaking out and storing fat because you're starving yourself. Eating that little will destroy your metabolism and your body will do everything that it can to prevent further weight loss.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    lgpperry1 wrote: »
    Your body is probably freaking out and storing fat because you're starving yourself. Eating that little will destroy your metabolism and your body will do everything that it can to prevent further weight loss.
    Not possible

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    How, Mr M?

Same thing you did to flag it - it's a toggle for *your* flag. Each time you click the button it'll either increase or decrease the number by 1 as you only get one flag. I was hoping I could flag the spam posts more than once, but alas
  • ktprestridge
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself at the beginning of the day and then at the end of the day after you are done eating because that is the impression I'm getting from your posts. "I ate 1500 calories and gained 1.3kg that day..."
    Weigh yourself only in the morning before eating or drinking if you want a semi-consistent number. Also allow yourself a fluctuation of about 2lbs either way because you are a woman and monthly cycles will make you hold more water at certain points. I suggest only weighing once a day or weekly.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    With all due respect; are you a little person under 4 feet, because only that and a severe illness would cause you to gain weight at 1200 calories.
    I am under 5 feet tall, lose at 1200 and easily maintain at 1400 and with walking ( 45 minutes a day-my only exercise) can even go up to 1600 calories and not gain. Btw: I have Lupus and no thyroid at all.....
    So , I would say you maybe need to weigh and measure your food accurately and count the right calories....maybe you will be surprised.
    Good Luck !
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So much wrong in this thread. Carry on so I can laugh some more.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    How, Mr M?

Same thing you did to flag it - it's a toggle for *your* flag. Each time you click the button it'll either increase or decrease the number by 1 as you only get one flag. I was hoping I could flag the spam posts more than once, but alas

Ok, thanks for that - yes I have flagged some posts (sensibly flagging the spam posts not silly flagging posts I didnt agree with) but I didnt know you could unflag if you did it by error.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Well, shoot, I was trying to figure out what the "flagging" conversation is about, hit a flag to look at one, and ending up flagging someone's post, which will now alert the mods (which was unintended, mods, in case you see the one post I accidentally flagged).

I think it's strange we can see the posts that have been flagged because, well, I'd say that abuse is in the perception (some people think honesty is abuse), and I also think it prompts people to just hop on the horse, so to speak.

I'm going to have to flag you for unnecessary flagging. :wink: I think Mr. M is correct that you can un-flag. I found it out when I tried to flag some spam I had apparently already flagged.

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Good Luck ![/quote]

Hi...if you go back to the beginning, she gives her height...5'2". Don't know if you missed that.[/quote]

Yes, I did indeed miss that fact.
    Thanks for letting me know.

BTW: I just checked the numbers and the WHO statistics say that less than two persons out of a 1000 who are seriously dieting ( trying to lose weight ) actually have problems losing due to health reasons like thyroid, medications, metabolic diseases and others. Interesting.....