Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful to have a friend to walk with on Tuesdays. So much easier to walk farther when gabbing!
  • AshleyDylanBuddy
    AshleyDylanBuddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I passed on the extra cookie for a treat, I have zero will power so this was an accomplishment lol
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I passed on the extra cookie for a treat, I have zero will power so this was an accomplishment lol

Whoop whoop! :-)
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today I am grateful my daughter was in the hands of skilled doctors and nurses. She had a minor yet emergency procedure done, is in pain, but will recover fully. I'm also grateful her bf made her see a dr. This is particularly important because I am truly not fond of him :( I'm also grateful for close friends who encouraged me (through texts) not to cause him harm during the hours we waited together. Ok, I'm also grateful the stress eating I did afterwards wasn't even worse, lol. Whew.
    God, Grant me.......
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful that I went out to eat with my son and his girlfriend and did not go over calories, despite the free pie. Solved the problem by only eating the cherry pie filling.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Today I am grateful my daughter was in the hands of skilled doctors and nurses. She had a minor yet emergency procedure done, is in pain, but will recover fully. I'm also grateful her bf made her see a dr. This is particularly important because I am truly not fond of him :( I'm also grateful for close friends who encouraged me (through texts) not to cause him harm during the hours we waited together. Ok, I'm also grateful the stress eating I did afterwards wasn't even worse, lol. Whew.
    God, Grant me.......

Glad your daughter is going to be OK and you were able to practice restraint.
  • britt01any
    britt01any Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for a beautiful day here in the south.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for an opportunity to spend time with Barbra, Kevin and have a nice meal out. Also fun to go out on the lake in a paddle boat and take a walk. Nice day.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for having resisted the evening glass of wine.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I was able to open my eyes with clear visions. I had the strength to get myself out of bed without assistance, and had full function of my body without pain. For this I am grateful, and I will show my appreciate for my good health and fortune by caring and respecting my body, with nutrition, and fitness.
  • jenniferbertram7165
    jenniferbertram7165 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I found this thread. I have been struggling for a few months. I do really well with my calories for several days and then I'll have a day that I can't seem to control a thing. It's very frustrating. At one point I was down over 60 lbs. Now, it's less than 50 thanks to what I've gained back. I thought that I was trying to eat too few calories because I do exercise daily. But adding a few calories has not helped at all! It's so very frustrating. I didn't have any trouble controlling myself for the first 60 lbs, why can't I get back into that frame of mind. It's actually a little depressing.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @68myra happy to know your daughter will recover. @jenniferbertram7165 you can do it you know how now.
    I am grateful for this thread. I am grateful that I have time to paint my daughters old room and that I walked 4 miles today and that I feel darn good today.
  • 68myra
    Options
    for today...... I am grateful my guardian angel made me look at my gas gauge.
    I am also grateful I am a food addict and not an alcoholic.
    thank you to gayle and NH_1970 :) my daughter will recover from her flesh wound much faster than her mental illness. :) it is what it is, and i pray the serenity prayer quite often.
    happy weekend to all.
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful to have a comfortable home to live in, a decent job, and lots of opportunities ahead...I've been fighting a bad mood all day, feeling grumpy, but I just need to remember that life could be a lot worse and I need to be thankful for what I have!
  • gaylebodine
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I found this thread. I have been struggling for a few months. I do really well with my calories for several days and then I'll have a day that I can't seem to control a thing. It's very frustrating. At one point I was down over 60 lbs. Now, it's less than 50 thanks to what I've gained back. I thought that I was trying to eat too few calories because I do exercise daily. But adding a few calories has not helped at all! It's so very frustrating. I didn't have any trouble controlling myself for the first 60 lbs, why can't I get back into that frame of mind. It's actually a little depressing.

Hi Jennifer, I can relate. It seems it was pretty easy to lose the first 47 but I've been stalled and bouncing around for a few months. Here are some links to info about plateaus that helped me. I messed with my macros a bit and made sure my report actually reflected my gain. Then I just recommitted to my final goal and realized that it is not just a temporary diet but a life long commitment to health. https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/what-causes-a-weight-loss-plateau/

blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-upside-of-a-weight-loss-plateau/

blog.myfitnesspal.com/forget-the-scale-theres-a-better-way-to-measure-success/

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/10-tips-to-overcome-a-weight-loss-plateau/
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for turkey hotdogs and lean cuisine mac and cheese, and a new phone and having lunch with a good friend.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I grateful for a gift of a meal from my son's girlfriend's parents. Don't usually eat pork but the bbq ribs tasted great!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I was able to make cupcakes for a group meeting and I only had one. I am also grateful for my daughter and that I was able to get some painting done.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful to be alive, and that it's summer, I have a dependable car and nothing major to worry about. Also grateful that everything went OK with my sister's surgery, and that she's going to be OK.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed today even tho I didn't want to. And walked a nature trail with a friend. It was cloudy when we first got there and we thought it was going to rain. But the sun came out and started to shine and it was a beautiful day. I'm greatful for this whole day, but that most of all.