Would you sell your pet for $140,000?

Alatariel75
Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/tiffany-the-cat-is-worth-140000-no-kitten-around/story-fni0fit3-1227089364137?nk=c88479228247eed44d29030084408293

The comments section shows some interesting debate - what do you think? If someone offered you alot of money for your house on the condition that your pet stayed, would you take it?

Replies

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bye bye pu$$y cat
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    No.i like my house.i tolerate the cat. For now......
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Personally, I honestly don't know. I mean, I ADORE my cats... but that's a huge amount of cash and one would assume that if someone was willing to pay that much, they'd really look after it... but I really love my cats... Tough call.

I suppose it's different for me, though, $140k is a life changing amount of money. It's not like I own a $2million house already. So propotionately, for them, it isn't as much money as it would be to me, IYKWIM...

Not that I'd ever have to make that choice. My cats are azzholes.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Never. No money is worth the bond I have with my pets. They're so much better than people in multiple ways.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    HELL YEAH! anyone who says different is crazy
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I'd even sell your cat for that.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    A cat, probably. My dog...no way, I could never sell out on anyone who has been that loyal to me.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Mind, I'd gladly sell my kitty for that much. :wink:
  • I could never sell my pet off like that. Obviously, some people care more about money than their pets. Ridiculous.
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    My honour is worth more than any amount of money. I would never betray the trust of any creature that relied on me.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Never. No money is worth the bond I have with my pets. They're so much better than people in multiple ways.

^^This

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Definitely. That will teach the little s*** to keep waking me up.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Never. If money was that tight I'd resort to prostitution before abandoning any of my babies.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Cat, probably. Dog, no way. Absolutely no way. I would die before losing my dogs...
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    " I would die before losing my dogs"............."I'd resort to prostitution".........."no money is worth the bond with my pets"...........you folks are either delusional or wealthy...........with $140k sitting right in front of you, that little creature would be gone gone gone
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Might even leave one of my kids behind.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Where do I sign?
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    I would even throw in a sack of dog chow...