Ebola is freaking me out!!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    My husband just came out to tell me that Taylor Swift has dumped more Americans than Americans have died from Ebola. Not sure if he is worried about being dumped by her now.

A lot of us have dumped more than 1 person. By the way, the only American who died from ebola (Patrick Sawyer) died in Nigeria.

There was a Liberian who died in America who has received much more press coverage in the US than Sawyer... Duncan was the only person to die in America from ebola, and he was not even American.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    My husband just came out to tell me that Taylor Swift has dumped more Americans than Americans have died from Ebola. Not sure if he is worried about being dumped by her now.

A lot of us have dumped more than 1 person. By the way, the only American who died from ebola (Patrick Sawyer) died in Nigeria.

There was a Liberian who died in America who has received much more press coverage in the US than Sawyer... Duncan was the only person to die in America from ebola, and he was not even American.

Thanks. He was being silly but I see how it could contribute to misinformation/panic. That wasn't my intent.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    And before Ebola it was Swine Flu. And before that, Bird Flu. Soon you'll see a new "breakthrough drug" that prevents the spread of Ebola, once everyone is good and scared. Our drug manufacturer saviors will make it available - and watch the money roll in.

Actually, they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since before this recent outbreak. I'm not sure how close they are to distributing it though.

my guess is they will miraculously be ready to distribute the vaccine once the world is panicking enough and willing to spend the dollars.. ;)
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I needed to get that off my chest.

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

*kitten* me! An these people can vote!

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I CAN understand being scared of Ebola if one was in that part of the world. I don’t understand the fear of corona virus, swine flu, measles or anything else.