Ebola is freaking me out!!

Options

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    And before Ebola it was Swine Flu. And before that, Bird Flu. Soon you'll see a new "breakthrough drug" that prevents the spread of Ebola, once everyone is good and scared. Our drug manufacturer saviors will make it available - and watch the money roll in.

Actually, they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since before this recent outbreak. I'm not sure how close they are to distributing it though.

I think I heard that they were testing it on volunteers over here (UK) but it would be 4 years until they know if it's safe. - Might be wrong about that though
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    pyrowill wrote: »
    877lvpj61wdx.jpg

this is perfect! LOL
  • KappaMarc
    KappaMarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg
    Isn't this the truth

Truth!
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    stop...watching...the...mainstream news...
  • ElemenopeeZ
    ElemenopeeZ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Don't know where you live but EV-D68 seems more of an immediate threat. *shrugs*

Yeah, I'm MUCH more concerned with EnteroVirus.
  • ninjacakegirl
    ninjacakegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The chocolate hasn't been affected. The countries that produce the most cocoa (Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire) won't let people from infected countries past their borders.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    200.gif
    Those do not look like big friendly letters. And frankly, that flashing is making me panic even more.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    I think they found out that bird flu didn't freak us out enough...swine flu didn't freak us out enough...anthrax didn't scare us enough...and now it's Ebola. Next it'll be the black plague...now THAT *kitten* is scary!

Nah, that shiz is like the clap - used to be terrifying, now it's fixed with a decent dose of antibiotics :wink:

HAHAHA! Actually Leprosy is the same way.

I do agree that it's fear mongering...there hasn't been a legit epidemic in the US of any of these kinds of diseases...and no pandemics since what-the Spanish Flu?
    But the Media broadcasts it to scare people and to keep people watching...just silly.
    Lots of people had Polio in the 1940s-1960s, Spanish Flu epidemic ended in 1920.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Your point is.

Do you think they will be squeezing all that Ebola blood and body fluids in the chocolate mixture. If that is your fear, stop eating chocolate and save yourself all this stress.
    The problem is the chocolate SHORTAGE! lol

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
    Those do not look like big friendly letters. And frankly, that flashing is making me panic even more.

:D:D

• JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Keep calm
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    JeffMeehan wrote: »
    Keep calm

Now that's funny! :p

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    And before Ebola it was Swine Flu. And before that, Bird Flu. Soon you'll see a new "breakthrough drug" that prevents the spread of Ebola, once everyone is good and scared. Our drug manufacturer saviors will make it available - and watch the money roll in.

the whole worldwide government disease conspiracy argument seems alot less convincing when you realize almost every wealthy nation provides free health care
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    i agree, seems there are numeous other diseases here as well.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You gone die
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I live about 5 blocks away from all of this.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    again, so many diseases here , present and in the past......I wouldnt worry....and the Black plauge from the middle ages was spread by rats ....the one in the Renassiance period, about 400 years ago
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I eat Swiss chocolate, so I'm golden. ;)