Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ebola is freaking me out!!

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    This is a CDC nightmare. Stop worrying. Educate yourself.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    I am a prehospital provider and it scares me. Ebola has actually been an admittedly irrational fear since I read The Hot Zone some 20 years ago. I spend a good part of my day covered in some kind of body fluid from strangers. Add to that the fact that my small little town in rural NW Montana has a YWAM base...a place to train and support missionaries to/from all over the world. AND, one of our regional hospitals is set up as one of the 5 in the country with appropriate isolation suites to handle Ebola patients. That next sick call or flu-like symptoms call I run, which used to be routine, will have me reaching for a full-on hazmat suit. The more the press tells me not to worry? THE MORE I WORRY!

Wow, now there is something to worry about. Please be careful. Was it ever noted how the nurse in Dallas was infected?
  • Tiamo719
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Are you worried about a chocolate shortage?

Haha, no. I just read about that when I started this thread. I wasn't aware that our chocolate came from West Africa. I am more concerned about it being infected vs shortage.

• Tiamo719
    edited October 2014
    lloydrt wrote: »
    there is going to be a special on it this evening, on CBS news......that might calm your nerves................

I saw this this morning so I missed the special. Were you able to watch it?

I just read on CNN that another healthcare worker tested positive. It's very sad and frightening. My heart goes out to these people and all these healthcare workers.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    54941484.jpg
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    perfect post @Alatariel75
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Why worry? This is all beyond our control
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Why worry? This is all beyond our control

Yes ma'am...and we continue to carry on our jobs and our lives...because it is what we do.

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
  • BAD news people, everybody dies :'( Sad news very few people really live :o GOOD news YOU are alive in this moment and always will be ;)
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    200.gif
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    54941484.jpg
    Isn't this the truth
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    54941484.jpg
    Isn't this the truth

+1 - truest thing I have read about it so far.

• SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Tiamo719 wrote: »

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

if you didnt know that you probably didnt know this either (off topic):

http://www.terry.ubc.ca/2013/11/26/child-slavery-the-bitter-truth-behind-the-chocolate-industry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng
  • Tiamo719

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

if you didnt know that you probably didnt know this either (off topic):

http://www.terry.ubc.ca/2013/11/26/child-slavery-the-bitter-truth-behind-the-chocolate-industry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng

That's disgusting. I couldn't watch it (at work) but I read it. It's a shame.
  • Tiamo719
    200.gif

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Well Happy Tuesday to all of you too, sheesh!

I can't help it, I freak about these things. I will keep my freaky thoughts to myself from now on. :p
    No one is saying you shouldn't freak. They are just giving you a rational context to perhaps alleviate your fear.

I'm saying you shouldn't freak out! Unless you touch or ingest the blood, semen or other bodily fluids of an Ebola-infected person, you're not going to get it. Chill out.
  • Tiamo719
    BAD news people, everybody dies :'( Sad news very few people really live :o GOOD news YOU are alive in this moment and always will be ;)

Thank you :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Unless you get some perspective then you are going to spend a lot of your life in a state of being freaked out.
  • Tiamo719
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Well Happy Tuesday to all of you too, sheesh!

I can't help it, I freak about these things. I will keep my freaky thoughts to myself from now on. :p
    No one is saying you shouldn't freak. They are just giving you a rational context to perhaps alleviate your fear.

I'm saying you shouldn't freak out! Unless you touch or ingest the blood, semen or other bodily fluids of an Ebola-infected person, you're not going to get it. Chill out.

I'll do my best to chill. :|