Ebola is freaking me out!!

Options

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I'd be more freaked out by a positive pregnancy test.
    OMG, yes! Me, too. But at this point that possibility is just as irrational as my Ebola fear. lol
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    there is going to be a special on it this evening, on CBS news......that might calm your nerves................
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    All epidemics are just fear mongering. Until you get it. And DIIIIIEEEEE!!! :o

Now this one, this one was funny
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    This is a CDC nightmare. Stop worrying. Educate yourself.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am a prehospital provider and it scares me. Ebola has actually been an admittedly irrational fear since I read The Hot Zone some 20 years ago. I spend a good part of my day covered in some kind of body fluid from strangers. Add to that the fact that my small little town in rural NW Montana has a YWAM base...a place to train and support missionaries to/from all over the world. AND, one of our regional hospitals is set up as one of the 5 in the country with appropriate isolation suites to handle Ebola patients. That next sick call or flu-like symptoms call I run, which used to be routine, will have me reaching for a full-on hazmat suit. The more the press tells me not to worry? THE MORE I WORRY!

Wow, now there is something to worry about. Please be careful. Was it ever noted how the nurse in Dallas was infected?
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Are you worried about a chocolate shortage?

Haha, no. I just read about that when I started this thread. I wasn't aware that our chocolate came from West Africa. I am more concerned about it being infected vs shortage.

• Tiamo719
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    there is going to be a special on it this evening, on CBS news......that might calm your nerves................

I saw this this morning so I missed the special. Were you able to watch it?

I just read on CNN that another healthcare worker tested positive. It's very sad and frightening. My heart goes out to these people and all these healthcare workers.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    perfect post @Alatariel75
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Why worry? This is all beyond our control
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Why worry? This is all beyond our control

Yes ma'am...and we continue to carry on our jobs and our lives...because it is what we do.

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
  • jamesdavidy
    Options
    BAD news people, everybody dies :'( Sad news very few people really live :o GOOD news YOU are alive in this moment and always will be ;)
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg
    Isn't this the truth
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg
    Isn't this the truth

+1 - truest thing I have read about it so far.

• SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

if you didnt know that you probably didnt know this either (off topic):

http://www.terry.ubc.ca/2013/11/26/child-slavery-the-bitter-truth-behind-the-chocolate-industry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng
  • Tiamo719
    Options

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

if you didnt know that you probably didnt know this either (off topic):

http://www.terry.ubc.ca/2013/11/26/child-slavery-the-bitter-truth-behind-the-chocolate-industry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng

That's disgusting. I couldn't watch it (at work) but I read it. It's a shame.
  • Tiamo719
    Options
    200.gif

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Well Happy Tuesday to all of you too, sheesh!

I can't help it, I freak about these things. I will keep my freaky thoughts to myself from now on. :p
    No one is saying you shouldn't freak. They are just giving you a rational context to perhaps alleviate your fear.

I'm saying you shouldn't freak out! Unless you touch or ingest the blood, semen or other bodily fluids of an Ebola-infected person, you're not going to get it. Chill out.