• frenchcupcake
    frenchcupcake Posts: 14
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DjinnMarie wrote: »
    Whatever, raspberry ketones are amazing. I just sit on the couch all day....

you do realize that raspberry keytones have NEVER been proven to do anything?

I don't need science for proof. I eat and eat and eat, take raspberry ketones, watch soaps day and lose weight and build muscle. That's all the proof I need. Lol at those who exercise and eat healthy.

and they are in better shape than you...lol. Go ahead and keep fooling yourself.

This may be true, but they don't look better than me naked. And that's all that matters.

um...I'm sure they do.

You've seen me naked? Was that you rustling my bushes last night? Mirin my delts??

giggity! o:)

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I don't need science for proof. I eat and eat and eat, take raspberry ketones, watch soaps day and lose weight and build muscle. That's all the proof I need. Lol at those who exercise and eat healthy.

and they are in better shape than you...lol. Go ahead and keep fooling yourself.

This may be true, but they don't look better than me naked. And that's all that matters.

um...I'm sure they do.

You've seen me naked? Was that you rustling my bushes last night? Mirin my delts??

giggity! o:)

Hey there friend!
  • Billtrek613
    Options
    I always eat before bed, a reasonable snack, and I've lost 5 lbs over the last 8 weeks. Most people will believe anything an "expert" says, esp one on TV. Youngsters should google Johnny Carson and Toilet paper.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    While I agree he is not correct on a number of things, many posters are complaining that he promotes nutritional supplements that he actually doesn't. He did an entire episode {one of the few I've actually seen} talking about how companies are using his picture and name illegally to promote their products. Green coffee bean extract being one of the many. He actually asked viewers to send photos and details to the show when they come across these promotions in the stores so he can contact the store/company and take legal action. Just wanted to help set the record straight on one aspect of this thread.

This is true. He does "blur the lines" a bit and can easily confuse people however, due to his constant topic of weight loss, so that adds to it, but this post from the above poster is correct.
  • StephMDtoo
    StephMDtoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The sad part of all of this is that when he brings up something true or useful it's not going to get the ratings. His audience wants a magic pill, not useful info. So when he shows organ tissue or runs health screenings, his ratings go down. When he raves about an expensive product as if he were the home shopping network on steroids, his audience cheers and call their friends to tune in too.
    But hey! We all lose weight with science, yo.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    StephMDtoo wrote: »
    The sad part of all of this is that when he brings up something true or useful it's not going to get the ratings. His audience wants a magic pill, not useful info. So when he shows organ tissue or runs health screenings, his ratings go down. When he raves about an expensive product as if he were the home shopping network on steroids, his audience cheers and call their friends to tune in too.
    Which shows he's in it for the money plain and simple.
    No integrity.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Please tell me yore joking.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Please tell me you are joking.

• Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I liked when he got yelled at by Congress.

THIS. YES!! What a sell-out and snake oil salesman (I sound like my grandmother there!). Wonder what the (former) queen of daytime TV (Oprah) thinks of him now?!?

Um... she's the one who endorses him. On her network. So she's surely aware and most probably banking on it too.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I eat IN bed!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I eat IN bed!

Crackers?
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    On today's show, he was literally selling snake oil. Literally. :o
    tumblr_inline_n4x2858LFl1s13cet.jpg
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

She wasn't joking...she's dead serious...and it's very sad.

I have so much trouble telling tone. I thought it was a joke at first. Or a troll

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

I have so much trouble telling tone. I thought it was a joke at first. Or a troll

I think she's a troll...but hey, what do we know, right?

You two really need a lesson in sarcasm 101.

• SLLRunner
    Options

Indeed it is.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    StephMDtoo wrote: »
    Which shows he's in it for the money plain and simple.
    No integrity.

Integrity doesn't pay the bills ;)

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    While I agree he is not correct on a number of things, many posters are complaining that he promotes nutritional supplements that he actually doesn't. He did an entire episode {one of the few I've actually seen} talking about how companies are using his picture and name illegally to promote their products. Green coffee bean extract being one of the many. He actually asked viewers to send photos and details to the show when they come across these promotions in the stores so he can contact the store/company and take legal action. Just wanted to help set the record straight on one aspect of this thread.
    He's splitting hairs.

If he goes on his show and says some nutritional supplement is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you'll lose weight if you take it, then he's promoting it. He may not be saying "Buy Dr. John's Raspberry Ketones" but he does promote taking raspberry ketones to lose weight. Even though there is not one shred of scientific evidence to support that.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/05/01/dr_oz_ironically_attacks_scammers_using_his_name_to_sell_questionable_products.html