You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options

Replies

• GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I don't even think about it. My day is pre-planned. I eat what I'm scheduled to.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.

Sets SOME people up for binges. Careful making generalisations. Restricting portions of carby foods set ME up for binges, uncontrollable ones, for 20 years. Not eating certain foods however has allowed me (and many other people) to finally overcome binging and gain control over food. So it's not always "oh, you can lose weight eating cookies, just eat less".
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a cookie. I like donuts, but I will visualize them as super stale. I had a bagel recently that was hard and stale and thought, "why did I do that"--it really wasn't that good.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.

Sets SOME people up for binges. Careful making generalisations. Restricting portions of carby foods set ME up for binges, uncontrollable ones, for 20 years. Not eating certain foods however has allowed me (and many other people) to finally overcome binging and gain control over food. So it's not always "oh, you can lose weight eating cookies, just eat less".

Sucks for you. *shrug*
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It would have to be a very special doughnut for me to eat it to be honest. If I had the calories left and wanted it THAT bad yeah I'd eat it, even if I went like 200 over. It's a treat and I never really have desserts.
    For most things though I just tell myself I can't have it and move on.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

I sure would. Someone else already ate half the damn thing! :mad:

Made me LOL for real that did. :grinning:

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I think about the donut. I visualize the immaculate roundness, and the possibility of glaze.

Then I light my new candle from Yankee whatever it is... chocolate layer cake. I light that candle and I smell it. I inhale so hard someone might think I'm Tony Montana in front of a mountain of cocaine.

Then I go and buy that donut, and eat it.

Because I'm a damn adult, and I do what I want. Then, when I get home I cinch my bike into my trainer, and ride until I stop crying and rubbing my body all over with the blood from my bloody nose.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "eat less, weigh less" over and over
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think about it for a second, then go home and eat one of my clean chocolate brownies, which are tastier, healthier, more satisfying and don't use up such a huge portion of my calorie allowance.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    2 things i ask myself. will this really be worth it, and does it fit.

if it fits and i truly want it, i buy it.

if it would be a dissapointment in any way, no..

grocery store donuts, always a no. gourmet locally made donuts from dawn of the donut... oh hells yes.

most of the time though, i would rather use those calories for something else. because one donut can have as many calories as a lunch. so i say... would i rather eat this now or something else later.

• Mo0npie
    Mo0npie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think about the last doughnut I ate a couple months ago. It was dry and stale and I regretted eating it immediately. Probably the best thing that could have happened, because I cant help but remember how gross that last one was when I see them in the shops now!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Depends on my calories and macros a.k.a. IIFYM (if it fits your macros) or if it's a rare treat day/meal In which case I follow the other IIFYM protocol (if it fits your mouth)
  • oleladie
    Options
    I agree with everything said here. I now look at food and see the calorie number associated with it. If there is room to have it, I will. Otherwise, I save it for a milestone treat.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I'll buy 4 because I get them for the price of 3.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »

She described what she ate throughout the day. Where do you get predetermined restricting of portions? If she's restricting so are you because you've finally got a handle on your binging
  • Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the doughnut.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    When I want a donut it is usually when I have been low on my fat macro, so I eat it to satisfy the need and move on with my day.

marry me???? lolz….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - I either eat the donut or do not …it usually depends on if it will fit into my calorie and macro target for the day …or I just make room for it and eat it…this is not that complicated...
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    good strategies, my only thought is to avoid it completely, I guess thats why I have guilt after I do buy it !!

Then think about the guilt you would feel. I always think about how something like that would make me feel if I ate it. I guess it's easier to avoid foods that you know will make you feel bad.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    good strategies, my only thought is to avoid it completely, I guess thats why I have guilt after I do buy it !!

Then think about the guilt you would feel. I always think about how something like that would make me feel if I ate it. I guess it's easier to avoid foods that you know will make you feel bad.
    Guilt is not a natural feeling, but a learned!
    Guilt is a destructive feeling not a constructive one!
    Why would you encourage someone to actively seek out a feeling of guilt? Why must a donut make you feel guilty?
    Only an *kitten* hat would turn to guilt to control the way others choose to eat!