You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options

Replies

• evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Walked into 7 11 yesterday just to buy a coffee and came out with 2 donuts. :| It was good but not filling as some other meals... O well once in a while its good to "treat your self" just don't go over board and binge!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Do they have chocolate glazed? If yes buy one ♡.♡
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I think of how much I hate how I look now and how much more I'll hate myself if I eat the doughnut. That always helps me. And the fact that I'm only 8lbs from my goal weight and still unhappy is also helpful for me not to eat anything other than what's inside my calorie intake for the day.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    good strategies, my only thought is to avoid it completely, I guess thats why I have guilt after I do buy it !!

Then think about the guilt you would feel. I always think about how something like that would make me feel if I ate it. I guess it's easier to avoid foods that you know will make you feel bad.
    Guilt is not a natural feeling, but a learned!
    Guilt is a destructive feeling not a constructive one!
    Why would you encourage someone to actively seek out a feeling of guilt? Why must a donut make you feel guilty?
    Only an *kitten* hat would turn to guilt to control the way others choose to eat!

Thinking about the possibility of feeling guilty is not the same as seeking out guilt. I generally try to avoid doing things that I know will make me feel bad. And I also generally try to avoid making others feel bad as well..especially for something as trivial as a personal opinion taken out of context.

He asked how to avoid eating a donut. Maybe he has issues with them? Even if he doesn't, he's trying not to eat a donut. I would really like to eat a donut, too. Maybe a lot of donuts. I cannot. I wouldn't appreciate being told that I should just have the donut since I can't have one..even if it fits into my calorie allowance.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    good strategies, my only thought is to avoid it completely, I guess thats why I have guilt after I do buy it !!

Then think about the guilt you would feel. I always think about how something like that would make me feel if I ate it. I guess it's easier to avoid foods that you know will make you feel bad.
    Why would you encourage someone to actively seek out a feeling of guilt? Why must a donut make you feel guilty?
    Only an *kitten* hat would turn to guilt to control the way others choose to eat!

Thinking about the possibility of feeling guilty is not the same as seeking out guilt. I generally try to avoid doing things that I know will make me feel bad. And I also generally try to avoid making others feel bad as well..especially for something as trivial as a personal opinion taken out of context.

He asked how to avoid eating a donut. Maybe he has issues with them? Even if he doesn't, he's trying not to eat a donut. I would really like to eat a donut, too. Maybe a lot of donuts. I cannot. I wouldn't appreciate being told that I should just have the donut since I can't have one..even if it fits into my calorie allowance.

It's fine not being able to indulge, but using guilt to dissuade you isn't healthy! Guilt isn't a productive feeling. Thinking about feeling guilty strengthens it's hold over you, so just thinking about is absolutely seeking it out!

Guilt is unnecessary! Replace it with pride or joy in your choices and you are on step closer to positive control over yourself! True lasting healthy change comes when your motivation comes from a positive place not a negative one!

• joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't buy donuts but if one is offered........... I think yum!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I think of how much I hate how I look now and how much more I'll hate myself if I eat the doughnut. That always helps me. And the fact that I'm only 8lbs from my goal weight and still unhappy is also helpful for me not to eat anything other than what's inside my calorie intake for the day.
    Same here...we should never trade what we want most with what we want now.

• timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If it has sprinkles, I'll eat it and go for an extra run after work!!!!

If it doesn't have sprinkles, it's not worth it.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just think about loosing my eye sight if i have sugary stuff, but those pics of bacon, mmm, bacon in a pita hell yeah, lol

As long as it fits into ya style of diet go for it :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I decide where I want to fit the additional protein I'm missing into my day

Damn, now a bavarian donut sounds REALLY good!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »

one donut is not going to make you look like crap ....
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    50sFit wrote: »

one donut is not going to make you look like crap ....

Sure it is!!!! But that's ok, I can eat one salad and be skinny again! :wink:
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

It's fine not being able to indulge, but using guilt to dissuade you isn't healthy! Guilt isn't a productive feeling. Thinking about feeling guilty strengthens it's hold over you, so just thinking about is absolutely seeking it out!

Guilt is unnecessary! Replace it with pride or joy in your choices and you are on step closer to positive control over yourself! True lasting healthy change comes when your motivation comes from a positive place not a negative one!

I guess that's on me for putting my cynical spin on things. I'm not going to have a donut today..yay me I chose to eat something healthier with my calories..is the same to me as a quick thought of, oh well I'll feel better if I don't have a donut because of how it made me feel in the past. It's still choosing positive feelings over negative ones.

I'm not saying it's bad to be positive..I just think people are driven by both positive and negative forces. Sometimes you can't do things because of the negative effects they may have. I guess if I saw things in black and white it would be easy to spin everything as positive all the time. My world is different shades of grey..and I feel positives and negatives need to be balanced.

I appreciate your personal take on things. I don't, however, think I should be called an a**hat for having different views. It's very close-minded.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

If I have planned for the treat and have the calories for it, I buy it in a bakery and enjoy it. Otherwise, I'm not going in the donut shop in the first place!

And I have more sense than to go grocery shopping hungry, so that scents might tempt me to shop off my list tend not to.

Good coffee, on the other hand... I do not choose to exercise the slightest control there :)

• DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Doughnuts and donuts are two different things. I chose the latter, the former tends to be filled with lots of jams and heavy stuff.

Btw a new place opened near my work that does 'baked donuts', really cool and taste great. He says its 40% less fat, he might be right...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'd visualize the jelly donut I'm about to eat....
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

I guess that's on me for putting my cynical spin on things. I'm not going to have a donut today..yay me I chose to eat something healthier with my calories..is the same to me as a quick thought of, oh well I'll feel better if I don't have a donut because of how it made me feel in the past. It's still choosing positive feelings over negative ones.

I'm not saying it's bad to be positive..I just think people are driven by both positive and negative forces. Sometimes you can't do things because of the negative effects they may have. I guess if I saw things in black and white it would be easy to spin everything as positive all the time. My world is different shades of grey..and I feel positives and negatives need to be balanced.

I appreciate your personal take on things. I don't, however, think I should be called an a**hat for having different views. It's very close-minded.

I understand focusing on the negative or using the punishment as the reason you can't do something is a common way to control people, but just like in children if your focus is on the "can't" there will always be feelings of deprivation. It's when the focus is on the "can" or positive then people truly find joy in their choices.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd see if it fits in my calories for the day!