You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    no donuts unless its krispy kreme. lucky for me i am in NY
  • v_woolf
    v_woolf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to think about how I would feel after I ate the doughnut. I think about how my stomach would feel and how I would feel (would I feel guilty? would it help fulfill a craving I've been having recently?).

This isn't a way to ensure that I won't have the doughnut. It's a way to make sure that if I get the doughnut, it's because I actually want it. Sometimes after going through this mental visualisation, I decide, yes, I really want that doughnut. Most of the time, I decide that I don't.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

Each to their own I supposed. That picture makes me want to gag. I can't look at food without thinking about what's in it, and there's nothing good in that. Not to mention the sick, headachy feeling I know I'd get from too much sugar.

This on the other hand ...

bacon-2.jpg

maple+bar.jpg

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Bar.

/thread
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I usually see if I can fit it into my day or not (calories and macros). If I can't I'll wait for the next day to get it or get a couple of donut holes instead. Usually, the hardest part for me is deciding what kind I want.
  • RsBBBB
    RsBBBB Posts: 2
    Options
    If I'm going to splurge, I'll have a Milky Way.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I think... This would go great with coffee in place of my normal breakfast. Love a good donut. I don't get good donuts often, just ****ty ones
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would buy it and eat it, but only if I had got in some activity that day and it was an ex exceptionally good doughnut as I tend to prefer cake personally (but sadly, most slices of cake come to at least 500 calories, usually more like 600)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have to pass the Krispy Kreme table in the grocery store every time I walk to the checkout.

My strategy is to not think about them. On occasion, I do stop and turn the box over and read the label. That's been enough.

Like Nancy Reagan said, "Just say 'No'" :)
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'd think "Steve, what the hell are you doing? We both know you prefer Belgium Buns".
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    When I want a donut it is usually when I have been low on my fat macro, so I eat it to satisfy the need and move on with my day.
  • ilikethisname
    Options
    RsBBBB wrote: »
    If I'm going to splurge, I'll have a Milky Way.

yes yes agree
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    ? What do you think of or visualize?

i visualize whether I wan an Old Fashioned or an apple fritter.

• justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I really want a donut, I'm going to have a donut. And now that you mention it, I am allowing myself one treat after super- focusing this week. And I am thinking not much could be better than a House of Donuts Bismarck (who do not skimp on the filling!)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I'm about to buy a doughnut.........

And I remember I don't like them and buy a chocolate chip cookie instead! :D

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did that last week. It wasn't a problem since it had been about a year since I had a donut, & I don't normally eat pastry stuff. I had a random craving for one while in school one day & decided to get one that afternoon.
    The problem was when I went back 2 days later for 2 more.
    Then I was like, "Okay, no more donuts."
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    The important question here is what kind of donut is it? Because the answer to that will determine my answer.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I eat half if it's within my daily calorie allotment.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

I sure would. Someone else already ate half the damn thing! :mad:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    A hidden camera videos show where the worker barfed on all the donuts.