You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options

Replies

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've not had a doughnut since I was diagnosed coeliac and had to go gluten-free. If you want a doughnut - and can have one without it destroying your gut - have one and count yourself one lucky so-and-so, lol!

tumblr_lwtvl4uL211qizvnso1_500.gif

• bett_boop
    bett_boop Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That it wouldn't be worth it. I'd rather have a glass of wine if I want a 'treat'
  • SpockAdventures
    SpockAdventures Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have every day's food pre-planned so I simply can't make those kinds of choices, and if I do, I know the consequences. Ultimately, the disappointment of not following my own plan isn't worth the momentary satisfaction of the donut....which I AM a sucker for.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I can probably count on one hand how many times I've randomly bought a doughnut for myself. Non-issue.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg
    My favorite donut of all time

We can remain friends then! :mrgreen:
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I picture the cashier naked. If it's a female I buy a traditional donut. If it's a guy I'll get some donut holes and an eclair.

You win the internet today, and it's barely after 8am. :laugh:
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I am a sweets-lover, so I don't allow myself any sort of sugary treat unless it's for cheat meal once a week. If I had my way, I would just eat all of my daily calories in ice cream and cookies, which is a slippery slope to gaining back my weight. The three minutes of bliss is not worth the weight gain to me. But, if you are one of those people who can control sweets cravings, I would definitely just add it in to your calories for the day!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    maybe a better question would be, how do you limit yourself to just one or however many fit into your calorie profile.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.
    It may set you up for binges. Other people can eliminate things like that.

People do switch to eating healthy food and succeed! It happens.

If you need bacon, donuts and cookies every day in order to lose weight, that is GREAT for you. But it isn't great for every single person.

Some people have to eliminate certain foods in order to avoid binging.

Some people don't view skipping the donut as depriving themselves. They think of it as giving themselves a healthier lifestyle. It's a gift and a gain, not a deprivation.

Everyone has to follow their own path.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    eramgerds binges.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.

If you need bacon, donuts and cookies every day in order to lose weight, that is GREAT for you. But it isn't great for every single person.

Some people don't view skipping the donut as depriving themselves. They think of it as giving themselves a healthier lifestyle. It's a gift and a gain, not a deprivation.

I believe the point the posters is making is that you can eat the foods you like and lose weight...deprivation of donuts, or whatever your treat is, is not necessary...
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options

If they see not eating the [fill in the blank] as a positive/gain I think that they should not eat the [fill in The blank].

If they see it as deprivation than they need to find a way to fit it in. Life is too short to fight against yourself for the rest of your life!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I believe the point the posters is making is that you can eat the foods you like and lose weight...deprivation of donuts, or whatever your treat is, is not necessary...
    Since they said, "Depriving sets you up for binges," I thought that might have been the point.

That's what I was addressing there - what they actually said.

I agree that skipping isn't necessary for everyone, but it is for some, of course.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i know that donuts (or whatever) are going to be there the next day and the day after, so i wont be missing anything if i dont get one today. If it is a seasonal treat, then i will make room in my daily plan.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No way, I enjoy every single delicious bite of said donut. The hardest part is choosing which one I want!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQXgbcFiwe1E8fNzWZvslgkuQZQR0NXHID0XHRYx5xuNd2HaiY
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I want that chocolate one on the left with two slices of bacon on it.
  • APLAWING
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I would log it BEFORE eating it to see how it will impact my calories for the day. If it's going to screw me out of dinner or leave me with very little I will pass. I pretty much log everything before I eat it so that I know how much I can have, etc. I usually try to think of how long I'd have to sweat at the gym to work it off, how guilty I will feel if I eat it, how much better fitting into smaller clothes feels than the temporary taste. I guilt myself silly over stuff like that & it ends up not being worth it...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    donut1.gif
  • APLAWING
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I would log it BEFORE eating it to see how it will impact my calories for the day. If it's going to screw me out of dinner or leave me with very little I will pass. I pretty much log everything before I eat it so that I know how much I can have, etc. I usually try to think of how long I'd have to sweat at the gym to work it off, how guilty I will feel if I eat it, how much better fitting into smaller clothes feels than the temporary taste. I guilt myself silly over stuff like that & it ends up not being worth it...
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    15 seconds to eat it. 15 minutes of running (1.5 miles) to lose it.