You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options
You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How many calories I've allotted and if I want two of them.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    is this within my calorie range for today?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I think, "Do I want cake, jelly-filled or an eclair?"
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a glass of wine with my calories.
  • KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    good strategies, my only thought is to avoid it completely, I guess thats why I have guilt after I do buy it !!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How many calories I've allotted and if I want two of them.

Marry me.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I just visualize my fat, ugly body at 270+ pounds, and that stops all cravings immediately.
    I never want to go back to being that guy.
    17ax272nt1s8.jpg
  • cookmtn
    Options
    Don't eliminate anything completely! If it's something you really want, save some calories and go for it every once in awhile!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I count calories by how much exercise it would take to work it off...
    1 maple bar = 1 hard hour of zumba!
    Not worth it.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think about how eating all that sugar is going to make me feel after 5 months of 20g carbs a day. So not worth it. Headache, bloating, generally nasty. NO THANKS.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    and decide to get 2 because if you buy one for one child you have to get one for the other… lol! donuts are not my thing. :)
  • sweetgamerchick4life
    Options
    I think can I fit into my calories and can I stop after one
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I think of where I should eat the donut, because if i'm about to buy one, I know it fits in my calories for the day.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Get one and share it with my husband if it fits our macros/calories cos you know I ain't gonna JUST have a doughnut.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'd be wondering why the heck I wanted to buy a doughnut when there are other foods I'd rather have. But say we're talking a chocolate bar instead, I'm probably mentally adjusting my calories and macros so I can buy my chocolate and eat it too.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I visualize... the doughnut. And then wonder why I would get a doughnut because I don't even like doughnuts. Then might I pull out my car-snacks and eat some of those.

Never leave the house without car-snacks. I eat random things I don't even want or really like when I am out and about and get unexpectedly hungry or craving something.

If I'm not actually hungry and just craving a treat I get a fountain diet coke, preferably from McDonalds. Mmmmmm fountain diet coke. Or Sonic! They've got slightly less good fountain diet coke but highly superior ice.
  • cookmtn
    Options
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

bite.jpg

Does anyone else think the cream filling is a little skimpy!!
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

bite.jpg

Each to their own I supposed. That picture makes me want to gag. I can't look at food without thinking about what's in it, and there's nothing good in that. Not to mention the sick, headachy feeling I know I'd get from too much sugar.

This on the other hand ...

bacon-2.jpg
  • Malforma
    Options
    I stand there and imagine the doughnut, I imagine the exact texture, the feel of the oil, the chewiness of the cake, the tingle of the sugar, and keep imagining it. After I've had a good meditation on the exact properties of the doughnut I'm usually satisfied with this. My imagination is USUALLY strong enough to set off those pleasure-centers in the brain and I feel like I've had the real thing.