Gaining muscle

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    personally, I would rather be shredded and strong, than strong and obese, but that is just me...

Or at least just average sized and strong. OP isn't as strong as she thinks she is, this is just one of her normal threads. Too much of a serpentine "logic" involved.
  • NoelleED
    NoelleED Posts: 148
    edited October 2014
    Options
    [
  • NoelleED
    edited October 2014
    Options
    [
  • NoelleED
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Then don't.
    personally, I would rather be shredded and strong, than strong and obese, but that is just me...
    You guys and your logic. Don't you see your advice doesn't seem to matter. It's the old close your eyes, cover your ears when you don't hear what you want.

No one carries 300 lbs well unless you're 6'6".

Because I want to know if I can lose the weight AND MAINTAIN MY STRENGTH. So far everyone is saying it's not possible, which is FINE but it also leads me to QUESTION MY GOALS.

Goddammit MFP could ya'll be a little less confrontational?
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Then don't.
    You guys and your logic. Don't you see your advice doesn't seem to matter. It's the old close your eyes, cover your ears when you don't hear what you want.

No one carries 300 lbs well unless you're 6'6".
    Except Ronnie Coleman. He's like 5'10" and carries 300 pounds like a champ :smiley:
  • dbmata
    Options
    NoelleED wrote: »

Or at least just average sized and strong. OP isn't as strong as she thinks she is, this is just one of her normal threads. Too much of a serpentine "logic" involved.

*kitten* off.

Ooooo... she mad. @psulemon someone took a deuce in the punch bowl!
  • NoelleED
    Options
    Yeah, I am just going to find a PT who has actual knowledge and MFP can slag off.
  • NoelleED
    Options
    Amazing how the bullies just happen to be on every thread. No lives beyond MFP?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, I am just going to find a PT who has actual knowledge and MFP can slag off.

That's actually an excellent idea. Their input won't come cheap, but it will be tailored to you.
  • NoelleED
    Options

That's actually an excellent idea. Their input won't come cheap, but it will be tailored to you.

Thanks.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Me too

• yopeeps025
    Options
    LOL what a thread.
  • NoelleED
    Options
    As I said, I will never start a thread in here again.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Well it is because you want your goals to happen and it just won't happen that way. LBM will decrease when you are in a calorie deficit. You weight train to not lose as much LBM.
  • dbmata
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Well it is because you want your goals to happen and it just won't happen that way. LBM will decrease when you are in a calorie deficit. You weight train to not lose as much LBM.

Let it go, nothing to be gained here.

Besides, in more important news, I think my LP has stalled.

I'm sitting at a 225 bench for 4, can't get that 5th one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - no one is bullying you ....we are just telling you that it is physically impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time..its called science, math, and physics...
  • NoelleED
    Options
    OP - no one is bullying you ....we are just telling you that it is physically impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time..its called science, math, and physics...

I am not opposed to that truth. But it does become bullying when people overreact to me saying I might want to stay heavier in order to maintain the strength AND questioning my strength/motives in the first place. My god, have none of you mastered reading comprehension yet? I don't care if it's an absolute fecking truth that I would lose muscle along with fat. I am not arguing it, but rather ASKING YOU GUYS HOW TO LOSE THE FAT AND MAINTAIN THE STRENGTH. It appears as though nobody has an answer to that.